Michelle Young ~ Pregnant Mother NC Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the photo of the garage and ladder, but where escapes me right now. One thing to consider is when the photo was taken (was it on that woman's slides from her show?...Sorry folks am not familiar with USA shows), then chances are that it was put there by investigators looking at the top of the roller door, and inside the rolled up part, as being a possible hiding place for the weapon.

Just a thought....and it wouldn't be the first time a roller door has been used as a hiding place for a weapon.

And I have to get some sleep! The last 4 nights I've been up til after 3am Aussie time...and tonight's no different seeing it's now 3:17am. No sleep for the wicked, lol.

close_enough said:
no please don't take what i posted the wrong way TM:)
...it's just that the garage door has never been a point of interest for ME, but i have no problem w/discussing all possibilities....i personally think he may have simply gone in w/his key though a back door maybe, off the deck????...either way, i feel sure that LE inspected the garage door along with any other points of entry to the home....at one point i even thought that he might have unlocked a window before he left that night & gotten in that way, but then again, that seems like a bit of trouble also...in my mind anyway....
Did I come off that way, close? Didn't mean to! :waitasec: :blowkiss:

Hey, do I win a prize for the 1,000th post? I wasn't even trying.:)

Enjoy the day, everyone. RL is calling my name.

raisincharlie said:
I suspect that LE knew very quickly how and where the perp entered the home.
Seems Sheriff Harrison is well aware of the information which can be obtained from dogs.

http://rtpnet.org/~wcso/sheriff.html

He has added quite a staff of them since becoming Sheriff. I'll wager they were used in this case...

yes yes...wonder if they used them in the back area of the home...i would think they did.....but clear something up for me here, if you can.....what good would dogs do?....JY was known to come & go from that house all the time, so are you saying that the dogs may have been put on Michelle's scent??...her's would be there also coming & going since she lived in the house also....i'm just a bit confused as to what the dogs would be used for, other than maybe following JY's scent on back through the woods, possibly to the road leading on back to the trailer homes....is that what you think??

Taximom said:
Did I come off that way, close? Didn't mean to! :waitasec: :blowkiss:

Hey, do I win a prize for the 1,000th post? I wasn't even trying.:)

Enjoy the day, everyone. RL is calling my name.

no not really, but i wanted to make sure, TM :blowkiss:

what is RL?

Samiya said:
And I have to get some sleep! The last 4 nights I've been up til after 3am Aussie time...and tonight's no different seeing it's now 3:17am. No sleep for the wicked, lol.

sleep tight Sami & come back when you're all rested up:)

Samiya said:
I saw the photo of the garage and ladder, but where escapes me right now. One thing to consider is when the photo was taken (was it on that woman's slides from her show?...Sorry folks am not familiar with USA shows), then chances are that it was put there by investigators looking at the top of the roller door, and inside the rolled up part, as being a possible hiding place for the weapon.

Just a thought....and it wouldn't be the first time a roller door has been used as a hiding place for a weapon.

The picture of the ladder and the garage was taken by one of Greta's photographers.
http://www.foxnews.com/photoessay/0,4644,1264,00.html#10_0

Samiya said:

i saw two diff pics of the garage door...one with the ladder outside the house & one without it, so i have no idea which was shown first...i THINK the one that was on Greta's slidehow was the one with the ladder outside of the house....i could be wrong though...

Samiya said:

Samiya, here's the link to the photo at Greta Van Susteran's show "On The Record" for the pic of the garage/ladder:
http://www.foxnews.com/photoessay/0,4644,1264,00.html#10_0

Hope that works.

Is their bedroom over the garage? Perhaps they had to cut into the floor for more blood evidence. Perhaps there was an attic with entrance through the garage ceiling.

Perhaps, perhaps....

close_enough said:
good points made RC.....myself, i think IF he didn't just pull right up in the driveway, he could have parked on the tiny road on back behind the house near the trailer homes (yeah, i know...i'm back on that now, lol).....no one IN their neighborhood would see the car there, imo.....

& yes, if the garage door was slightly opened, then he could simply have gotten underneath the door & got in that way....i just don't think there was any opening & shutting of that door......
Actually Close - this makes the most sense to me but I'm not sure any murderer makes sense to begin with. You recall our exercises moving aerial maps around and such. Following those closely - one quickly sees there are only two entrances to this sub-division - one from the north and one from the east. There are no formal roads between the sub-division and properties to the west. Entrance to the west properties is made well west of the entrance to Enchanted Oaks.

Assuming the theory is JY - he could have been seen driving in his subdivision as there is only limited access. However, he would not seem out of place in his own neighborhood, nothing remarkable about seeing him. Going to the west properties, no one would recognize him, if they saw him at all but there does IMO appear to be a higher risk of actually being noticed, only because he would not have belonged.

Weighing the odds - he could have parked on the access road to the recreational complex in the sub-division - pretty remote road south of his home, not far, and most likely not in use during the wee hours. This also ties in with the little rumor that a delivery person might have seen something, you recall that rumor ? Clean laundry, towels for the gym and so on could have been delivered to the rec center in the wee hours of the morning.

Lots of possibilities...

raisincharlie said:
Actually Close - this makes the most sense to me but I'm not sure any murderer makes sense to begin with. You recall our exercises moving aerial maps around and such. Following those closely - one quickly sees there are only two entrances to this sub-division - one from the north and one from the east. There are no formal roads between the sub-division and properties to the west. Entrance to the west properties is made well west of the entrance to Enchanted Oaks.

Assuming the theory is JY - he could have been seen driving in his subdivision as there is only limited access. However, he would not seem out of place in his own neighborhood, nothing remarkable about seeing him. Going to the west properties, no one would recognize him, if they saw him at all but there does IMO appear to be a higher risk of actually being noticed, only because he would not have belonged.

Weighing the odds - he could have parked on the access road to the recreational complex in the sub-division - pretty remote road south of his home, not far, and most likely not in use during the wee hours. This also ties in with the little rumor that a delivery person might have seen something, you recall that rumor ? Clean laundry, towels for the gym and so on could have been delivered to the rec center in the wee hours of the morning.

Lots of possibilities...

yes, lots of possibilities.....i'm actually TRYING to forget about the rumor of someone seeing his car in the driveway...LOL,,,,for now anyway, but it's hard to keep that one off my mind....

it could be the rumor is right, & someone DID see his car near the rec complex....i tell ya one thing, i certainly hope SOMEONE saw that white SUV in the neighborhood during the time JY was suppose to be on the road....

Is it true the link to the 911 call has been removed by LE? I couldn't find it here so I went to CTV and that is what was said. I have a wireless card that isn't working at home and haven't been able to keep up until I get to work.

It seems like I have missed a lot.

close_enough said:
right otto...thanks for posting that again...there's another somewhere 'out there' of the door being down, but slightly opened up....like RC said..enough for a person to crawl underneath it....

A few pages back I posted links to the video showing the garage door down, the ladder and the garage door up and the media link from Nov. 4 where the neighbour is quoted as saying that the garage door was half open. I got the impression that the garage door was half open when the police arrived and it was still like that late in the evening on Nov. 4. It is possible that the police pushed the door up a bit. It's hard to say. Maybe the idea was to stage the scene as though someone forced the door up a bit and came in through the door connecting the garage to the house. Maybe Jason left the connecting door unlocked, but robbers don't know which door is unlocked unless someone tells them.

close_enough said:
yes yes...wonder if they used them in the back area of the home...i would think they did.....but clear something up for me here, if you can.....what good would dogs do?....JY was known to come & go from that house all the time, so are you saying that the dogs may have been put on Michelle's scent??...her's would be there also coming & going since she lived in the house also....i'm just a bit confused as to what the dogs would be used for, other than maybe following JY's scent on back through the woods, possibly to the road leading on back to the trailer homes....is that what you think??

In the Laci Peterson case, special dogs were used to track her most RECENT scent, which led the dogs into the street and down the main roads to the highway leading to SF. In this case, they could use such dogs to track JY's most recent scent. If it leads them to the driveway and through the streets out of town toward his parents it is mot much help (could be him leaving casually at 10:30 OR dashing off after murdering Michelle). However, if it leads them to the back of the house and to a back road that is accessible only through another subdivision, then it iis VERY useful!!

close_enough said:
Dogs always bring out a good argument in a case. There are different ways dogs work, some work on airborne scent, some on skin scent, some on blood scent and so on. Dogs can be focused on a particular scent based on what they are presented by the trainer such as a person's glasses (very good for dogs-lots of oils along the nose piece). Cadaver dogs, as commonly called, work on blood scent and of course decomp scents and can either be tracking or airborne trained. Airborne dogs are very good for an unknown perp. Cadaver dogs are very good for following blood scent - either victim or perp. The perp always leaves a scent behind and it can always be followed to some extent but it does diminish over time. It does not matter if the perp is known or not - a dog can track them.

You may recall from the LP case - the dogs were scenting Laci, they were presented with her sunglasses - they clearly indicated Laci left in a vehicle and as I recall, these dogs later tracked down a street that would have ended at Scott's warehouse. You may also recall the dogs were used at the marina - they went to the end of the pier and stopped. The dogs knew quite well where LP was. Most of the time however, dog evidence is not used in court.

close_enough said:
that's the way i see it also, Cypros....on Greta's show, Jim Hammer made the point of how dark it is in that neighborhood...no street lights...if someone was smart they'd park elsewhere & walk up to the house, from the back.....

And maybe that's one of the reasons LE is seeking info from anyone who saw something or nothing in the early hours. Imo, they want to know where he parked that vehicle other than the garage. Perhaps the SUV doesn't fit into the garage. A lot of garages in older homes didn't allow the clearance for the heighth of these newer vehicles.

Cypros said:
In the Laci Peterson case, special dogs were used to track her most RECENT scent, which led the dogs into the street and down the main roads to the highway leading to SF. In this case, they could use such dogs to track JY's most recent scent. If it leads them to the driveway and through the streets out of town toward his parents it is mot much help (could be him leaving casually at 10:30 OR dashing off after murdering Michelle). However, if it leads them to the back of the house and to a back road that is accessible only through another subdivision, then it iis VERY useful!!

exactly Cypros...that's the only thing i can think of, as far as the dogs being of help in this situation....Laci's body was taken elsewhere...Michelle didn't leave the house.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg