Missing 8 mth pregnant Marine Maria Frances Lauterbach- NC #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if privacy issues have changed things, but when dh was in navy, his SS# was on his dogtags...

I don't know if privacy issues have changed things, but when dh was in navy, his SS# was on his dogtags...

They still have SS#'s on their dog tags (yes, I just went and checked hubbys ;))

I really don't know it isn't her except what I read that others posted on ctv, that someone had a way to look at her pictures and the guy in her life isn't Cesar or Armando. That's all I know! :)

Geraldo's on questioning the Sheriff and the Sheriff is getting testy/defensive with him! Even called him "Mr. Geraldo".

I noticed the sheriff calls everyone by their 1st name. He was calling Larry King "Mr. Larry" last night.

I find it frustrating that there have been no statements at all from the families of the and his wife.

If my daughter or sister were married to him you can bet I'd be talking! I'd be hunting him down myself!

Why is his family not appealing for him to come forward? If they believe he is innocent, surely they don't want this to end in some kind of standoff with the police or a fatal car chase. There can be no good outcome if he continues to run. Surely they can't condone his concealing the death even if they don't think he raped her.

Did anyone read my theory about the baby's being placed near the mom's abdomen after it was born and before the body was burned? No one has commented...

Susan

I find it frustrating that there have been no statements at all from the families of the and his wife.

If my daughter or sister were married to him you can bet I'd be talking! I'd be hunting him down myself!

Why is his family not appealing for him to come forward? If they believe he is innocent, surely they don't want this to end in some kind of standoff with the police or a fatal car chase. There can be no good outcome if he continues to run. Surely they can't condone his concealing the death even if they don't think he raped her.

Did anyone read my theory about the baby's being placed near the mom's abdomen after it was born and before the body was burned? No one has commented...

Susan
The only thing I read was at msnbc.com and Christine's mother said she was "heartbroken". I'm sorry, I did see your post, but when we switched threads I forgot to reply :( I'm sure the ME will be able to tell if the baby had been born. I'm curious too if Maria was killed that day (the day after she talked with her mom, Dec. 14) or if she was alive for a while afterward in their house, or when she was taken out to the yard and burned.

I'm wondering about that too, panthera. I agree with whoever posted that it could have been the ' wife, or who knows, maybe he had another girlfriend who bought the bus ticket. Thanks for the reply, it's getting kind of lonely on this thread!

Susan

I'm wondering about that too, panthera. I agree with whoever posted that it could have been the ' wife, or who knows, maybe he had another girlfriend who bought the bus ticket. Thanks for the reply, it's getting kind of lonely on this thread!

Susan
I just found something that I hadn't heard of earlier, in this article:

"Hill said that Lauterbach also left her roommate a note saying she was "going away" and apologized for "the inconvenience." "

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jLAxQfkotgyOSgs3LXmXYW6hy6PgD8U4L8JG0

Now, I wonder if she really did plan to run away? Or did someone else write the note? :confused:

I understand that the Sheriff said that charges could not be filed for the baby's death at this time, but if it was later found that the baby was born alive, then burned, capital murder charges would apply for the baby.

To me, this sounds like a sufficient motive for the killer to try to make it appear that the baby had died before birth.

I just don't think that the fire would burn in such a precise manner that all of the flesh around the baby's fist would burn away, leaving tiny fingers exposed in the shape of the fist. That would be like expecting that one would be able to identify each internal organ seperately, instead of a charred mass of flesh all fused together. I would never expect, for instance to find body which someone tried to creamate and be able to see the heart or lungs sticking out, still in the shape that they were in before.

Susan

I believe that in N.C. charges can not be filed in the death of the infant unless it had taken it's first breath. Federal charges can be filed though in the death of the infant even if it never exsisted outside the womb. (the laci and conner law.)

Susan

Susan,

ITA. If this Cpl was a member of my family (shudder at the thought) I'd be pleading for him to turn himself in.

Also, I saw your theory about the baby being placed after it was born. I think it is a viable possibility.

If that were the case, I would tend to think that the baby would have been placed in the ground first, then Maria face down on top... That way it could (in some perverted twisted way of thinking) that once everything burned, Maria's body would almost look like she was still pregnant (ok, that really doesn't sound right, but I can't explain it properly... ie if all skin and soft tissue, muscles, etc were gone, and it was just skeletal remains, then it would still *look* to the untrained eye that she was still pregnant) Does that make any sense?

I'm still trying to transcribe the presser from earlier... I keep getting interrupted by either the phone, hubby, or kidlet... we never made it out to dinner because of the phone, but such is life!

As soon as I can I'll get a transcript up!

I just found something that I hadn't heard of earlier, in this article:

"Hill said that Lauterbach also left her roommate a note saying she was "going away" and apologized for "the inconvenience." "

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jLAxQfkotgyOSgs3LXmXYW6hy6PgD8U4L8JG0

Now, I wonder if she really did plan to run away? Or did someone else write the note? :confused:

Hard to tell. Doesn't have much credibility, just as Laurean writing in a note that she committed suicide.

What I find hard to believe, if the Sheriff was aware of this Monday, why didn't they do a search warrant on Laurean Monday/Tuesday.

Why did they wait until he got away???

Susan,

ITA. If this Cpl was a member of my family (shudder at the thought) I'd be pleading for him to turn himself in.

Also, I saw your theory about the baby being placed after it was born. I think it is a viable possibility.

If that were the case, I would tend to think that the baby would have been placed in the ground first, then Maria face down on top... That way it could (in some perverted twisted way of thinking) that once everything burned, Maria's body would almost look like she was still pregnant (ok, that really doesn't sound right, but I can't explain it properly... ie if all skin and soft tissue, muscles, etc were gone, and it was just skeletal remains, then it would still *look* to the untrained eye that she was still pregnant) Does that make any sense?

It makes sense to me. Like if she delivered the baby and then took the baby to 's house and he knowing no Laci Law in NC, so made it look like the baby hadn't been born?

But then we woulda heard from hospitals that she gave birth....

Hard to tell. Doesn't have much credibility, just as Laurean writing in a note that she committed suicide.

What I find hard to believe, if the Sheriff was aware of this Monday, why didn't they do a search warrant on Laurean Monday/Tuesday.

Why did they wait until he got away???
It's possible I guess that CL or his wife could've gotten inside her house and left the note to make it seem she'd written it since the roommate was in California. Maybe I'm being too practical, but I can't see why a young woman who's about ready to give birth would even think of taking a cross-country bus trip and for what reason? Her mother was planning on coming to visit that weekend.

I'm also having some issues with LE and CL, but CL had lawyered up and I guess no one came forward and said they smelled burning in the yard, or saw him driving her car, until after he left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Betts79