Missing 8 mth pregnant Marine Maria Frances Lauterbach- NC #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's possible I guess that CL or his wife could've gotten inside her house and left the note to make it seem she'd written it since the roommate was in California. Maybe I'm being too practical, but I can't see why a young woman who's about ready to give birth would even think of taking a cross-country bus trip and for what reason? Her mother was planning on coming to visit that weekend.

I'm also having some issues with LE and CL, but CL had lawyered up and I guess no one came forward and said they smelled burning in the yard, or saw him driving her car, until after he left.

But, her disappearance alone should have warranted LE to act. I read in an article, the Maria's family had been questioning the police, and they wait until he leaves town and get a phony letter to act. Stupid!! :bang:

When did the roomate find this note? I wonder if there was an opportunity for someone else to place the note there after killed her and before the roomate found it.

If it was found after the roomate returned from Cali. to answer questions, it could have even been placed there by whoever screwed up the investigation...maybe a buddy of ?

Susan

When did the roomate find this note? I wonder if there was an opportunity for someone else to place the note there after killed her and before the roomate found it.

If it was found after the roomate returned from Cali. to answer questions, it could have even been placed there by whoever screwed up the investigation...maybe a buddy of ?

Susan

Sure, if they had her ATM, they very easily could have had her keyes. Hence enter the apartment. I think they tried to cover up, but the family wasn't buying their lies. I really think Christina is involved and hope she gets charges pressed against her, for enabling a criminal investigation.

I'm still trying to transcribe the presser from earlier... I keep getting interrupted by either the phone, hubby, or kidlet... we never made it out to dinner because of the phone, but such is life!

As soon as I can I'll get a transcript up!

Thank you for doing that for us!
Aren't we pitiful? I love my WS friends!
Gotta go do real-life stuff but I'll be back when the kids go to sleep.

Susan

Susan
Sure someone else had opportunity to leave the note ~ roommate was away and "" (I love it! :clap: ) had her house keys along with her car, ATM card and whatnot. I think the whole thing with the note that Maria supposedly wrote and the bus ticket were decoys to cover her disappearance.

But, her disappearance alone should have warranted LE to act. I read in an article, the Maria's family had been questioning the police, and they wait until he leaves town and get a phony letter to act. Stupid!! :bang:
Oh I agree, and I think local LE wouldve acted more quickly if she'd been a civilian and if not impeded by the military protocol.

Sure someone else had opportunity to leave the note ~ roommate was away and "" (I love it! :clap: ) had her house keys along with her car, ATM card and whatnot. I think the whole thing with the note that Maria supposedly wrote and the bus ticket were decoys to cover her disappearance.

The clerk at the bus station supposedly ID'd Maria. What does Christina look like? And does Cpl have a friend that looks like Maria? Because the bus ticket does not make sense. It didn't to anyone else either because no one could say who she was supposedly going to visit in texas, etc. The bus ticket fits right in with making Maria look like she ran off.

The clerk at the bus station supposedly ID'd Maria. What does Christina look like? And does Cpl have a friend that looks like Maria? Because the bus ticket does not make sense. It didn't to anyone else either because no one could say who she was supposedly going to visit in texas, etc. The bus ticket fits right in with making Maria look like she ran off.
I haven't seen a picture of Christina. But let's say that she's about the same size as Maria. Put Maria's uniform and cap on, put her hair under the cap, big pillow under the shirt ~ she or someone else could pass themselves off as her.

Unless, Maria was scared and ready to run because her MOM wanted the baby to be adopted!

I haven't seen a picture of Christina. But let's say that she's about the same size as Maria. Put Maria's uniform and cap on, put her hair under the cap, big pillow under the shirt ~ she or someone else could pass themselves off as her.

When will we find out the day she was killed I wonder? That would make it easier for us to say that it was an imposter buying a ticket.

When will we find out the day she was killed I wonder? That would make it easier for us to say that it was an imposter buying a ticket.
I agree, and what date was the ticket bought? Dec. 14?

Maybe she bought the ticket to El Paso and left the note for her roommate because she was scared and wanted to run? Since I think he did end up killing her I could see how it would be possible that he had threatened her and/or the baby. Maybe she thought El Paso was a place she could hide out?

I know that they think she was killed at his house but has it been ruled out that she was taken there by force?

Maybe she bought the ticket to El Paso and left the note for her roommate because she was scared and wanted to run? Since I think he did end up killing her I could see how it would be possible that he had threatened her and/or the baby. Maybe she thought El Paso was a place she could hide out?

I know that they think she was killed at his house but has it been ruled out that she was taken there by force?
Don't know if she went there voluntarily or was abducted from somewhere and taken there. I could see her being scared and wanting to run, but at that late stage of pregnancy when her roommate said she didn't hardly go out doesn't seem right to me that she was going to get on a bus to Texas.

The below linked article explains how LE dropped the ball. Military never contacted local LE. Local LE saw her case in a national database and contacted the Military on Dec. 19. A sheriff employee went on vacation on Dec 22 and someone told the family not to come to NC as Maria was on her way to Dayton. After the holidays her family wouldn't wait any longer and showed up in NC and got the ball rolling. Sheriff Brown only learned of the case last Monday and the Order of Protections on Friday.
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=157&sid=2459392

IPSwitch said:
I'm trying to rewatch the presser...but I'm having a hard time hearing all of it thru the computer speakers.

Same here IPSwitch. I had unexpected company today and couldn't watch the news conference.
Now that I can see it online, I can't hear a word.
Is there a link for the transcript to the news conference somewhere?

Same way I felt with Laci Peterson, same way I've felt with all these other soon-to-be-Moms....I just can't wrap my mind around what's happening.
The killing of anyone is horrendous in my book but to kill a Soon-To-Be-Mom....I just can't grasp, wrap my mind around it.
It hurts.

Ami

i like the theory that wife killed hubby-you guys are workin it, and I mean that in a good way! I am confused how hubby could slip away so easily, but this case has been Keystone Cops from the get-go, at least from the 30000 foot view...maybe it is more organized on the ground.

well I have finally awoken from being sick for two days. *blah*

I am so sorry to hear this ended so sadly :(
I have to see, this is what I first thought as soon as I saw the headline of "pregnant marine missing". That's almost a given now that the woman will be found dead or not found at all :(
Such a damned shame.

Still mad at the stupid mother for saying she was a compulsive liar. Is that was stalled the investigation to find her?

I need to catch up on reading here.

Thanks, everyone, for keeping the posts so up-to-date.

Comment on the bus ticket-perhaps fugitive Marine told her he wanted to run away with her and get the hell out of dodge...she went to the house to meet him and he killed her? I am still unclear about what their relationship really was...he could have said, ok honey you buy your bus ticket and I'll buy mine...am I making sense? Then he came and picked her up and brought her home...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
medievalratattack