Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone was just stalking Sherrill how would they know Stacy wasn't a 6 foot tall 200 lbs man? The number of cars in a driveway won't tell you how many people are in a house but it can give you an idea.
Risk they were willing to take.

There were likely more than one perps and one likely knew them.

That same theory applies to Suzie and Stacy being the target, how do they know who is in the Delmar house if they are tracking them back? Except that's even riskier.

How many living people do you think know for sure who did this crime?
Hmm....

I imagine probably, at the time, at least 30 people had a good idea. Why didn't they cash in on a reward? Outlaw bikers - to give an example - just don't. Others? Money's no good to you if you wind up dead. Police? Perhaps the perp was on the payroll as an informant, and matters would have gotten very dicey if the crime were solved....

Twenty-six years later? Attrition cuts the number by maybe a third - lifestyles take tolls. I still think there are well over a dozen people, perps included, who could testify truthfully under oath much of what went down that night.

So you cross out transient.

Then it was a person in the Levitt background likely.

As Ron Worsham of SPD said. Doubt it was in the Suzie and Stacy background because of changed plans. I doubt detective Asher would be family friends with Janelle if she was being nefarious in her actions. Unless you think the cops are playing some 26+ year game with her. Seems silly.

Shows how botched the case was that cops involved in the crime are now friends with people involved in the case. As I said nobody has been charged with the crime so to me nobody is off the table as a suspect especially when some people’s behaviour defies logic.

At 19 years of age she wasn’t a kid she was a adult and unless she has special needs then you can shout it from the roof top that she was acting normally I still don’t buy it and never will. There was a billion red flags that morning that something was wrong and she chose to ignore each and every one and go swimming.

Nigel sounds like a much better friend and loyal friend to me.

If it was somebody in Sherrills background then they certainly fooled a lot of people as she has been painted as a saint by her friends so who on earth would want to hurt her?

Maybe a ex boyfriend I suppose but I’m sure LE looked into them.

Risk they were willing to take.

There were likely more than one perps and one likely knew them.

That same theory applies to Suzie and Stacy being the target, how do they know who is in the Delmar house if they are tracking them back? Except that's even riskier.
If someone thinks there kid is in trouble how hard would it be to get them out of the house?

Hmm....

I imagine probably, at the time, at least 30 people had a good idea. Why didn't they cash in on a reward? Outlaw bikers - to give an example - just don't. Others? Money's no good to you if you wind up dead. Police? Perhaps the perp was on the payroll as an informant, and matters would have gotten very dicey if the crime were solved....

Twenty-six years later? Attrition cuts the number by maybe a third - lifestyles take tolls. I still think there are well over a dozen people, perps included, who could testify truthfully under oath much of what went down that night.
Best post of the day.

And I agree, mostly.

If someone thinks there kid is in trouble how hard would it be to get them out of the house?
If someone is getting Sherrill out of the house--why do you think they're doing that? Also that proves this is in the Sherrill Levitt background.

If someone is getting Sherrill out of the house--why do you think they're doing that? Also that proves this is in the Sherrill Levitt background.
Where did Sherrill go? Was or she in her home all night or did she leave it, like some witnesses say? It's easier to get one person out of a house than three people.

We bait and debate and that's okay, it keeps this thread filling up. We may 'earn' #9 soon! :D I followed Molly Tibbett threadS. It was crazy! One thread a day!
This one has been much much much much s l o w e r (than a snail...) Let's keep this going and going!;)

Who thinks this case CAN be solved?
I do. :cool:

Shows how botched the case was that cops involved in the crime are now friends with people involved in the case. As I said nobody has been charged with the crime so to me nobody is off the table as a suspect especially when some people’s behaviour defies logic.

At 19 years of age she wasn’t a kid she was a adult and unless she has special needs then you can shout it from the roof top that she was acting normally I still don’t buy it and never will. There was a billion red flags that morning that something was wrong and she chose to ignore each and every one and go swimming.

Nigel sounds like a much better friend and loyal friend to me.

If it was somebody in Sherrills background then they certainly fooled a lot of people as she has been painted as a saint by her friends so who on earth would want to hurt her?

Maybe a ex boyfriend I suppose but I’m sure LE looked into them.

Agreed

We bait and debate and that's okay, it keeps this thread filling up. We may 'earn' #9 soon! :D I followed Molly Tibbett threadS. It was crazy! One thread a day!
This one has been much much much much s l o w e r (than a snail...) Let's keep this going and going!;)

Who thinks this case CAN be solved?
I do. :cool:

You rock!

Food for thought :)

If this was a random sexual attack on Sherrill why kidnap all 3 of them?

Surely if you are unknown to these women you just run and keep running. It’s one hell of a gamble to kidnap 3 women and you run a lot bigger risk in getting caught imo.

Food for thought :)

If this was a random sexual attack on Sherrill why kidnap all 3 of them?

Surely if you are unknown to these women you just run and keep running. It’s one hell of a gamble to kidnap 3 women and you run a lot bigger risk in getting caught imo.
I disagree with this premise entirely.

I do not believe a crime like this is simple nor is it executed this precisely without planning for the variance of risks.

1. It wasn't random (IMO)
2. I don't assume the motive is sexual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members