MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, really? Why?
Testimony offered by witnesses said all Sid did was bring her coffee, etc. She was scared of Tammy. Hopefully they have the video up on their website, I was a little distracted when listening.

Those two factors (fishing buddy and juror friend) infuriate me. How is that justice? I remember when I had jury duty at that courthouse and a few potential jurors, who knew about one of the cases, were asked if they could be impartial. I just don't understand that. If a person has any ties to anyone in the case or has any knowledge of the case, that person has no business helping decide the outcome of the case. Don't ask them if they can be impartial. Thank them for their time and send them home. There were hundreds of people in that jury pool. Why did one of the TWELVE chosen have to be friends with the defense attorney? That is a miscarriage of justice. OOOOOOH, I'M MAD!

I totally agree. There were about 200 in the jury pool for the one big case I was a juror for - and there were many people dismissed for way lesser things!! I believe if there was a different judge this whole thing would've gone MUCH BETTER than it has.

Wow, really? Why?

Maybe because her motive was so much more evident. If you recall, it was even stated at trial that SM had never spoken to her unkindly or threatened her in any way, and he 'cared" for her. TM's hatred of Heather is well-documented, and often by TM herself.

Me too. He treated her like carp in front of the jury daily in this trial. Did not treat the make attorney's that way?

Ya know - there really is a "good ol' boy" way of things -- 'specially down in the low country (where I believe this Judge is from) -- women should remain quiet and let the men handle any business.

There were two people who didn't agree with us, but the evidence was plainly in our face and the law was explained to us to be able to understand the evidence.

~Juror on WMBF

i agree picture of heather was mandatory.

My guess is that if they (Solicitor) used any photos of Heather - then the Defense would be allowed to also present photos of Heather - and they'd probably choose the ones that would paint a picture of her being wild/rebellious/out of control????? Who knows.

It is times like these that I have to remind myself that God is the ultimate Judge and Jury. I feel like I must be bad luck for cases... I followed the CA trial, which undoubtedly should have rendered a guilty verdict (IMO), and well we knew how that turned out. Then this case it comes to a deadlock.

I consider myself a pretty objective person and I have tried to consider the various different scenarios and possibilities - all of which still point to SM and TM being responsible for the disappearance of HE. I truly wonder what the holdouts were for. Did they believe that SM was guilty but just didn't feel like the state proved the kidnapping to have taken place at PTL? I guess that is what frustrates me SOOO much about not only this case but society in general. They confuse reasonable doubt and without a shadow of a doubt. My husband (who had no knowledge of this case prior to this week) believes that he is guilty of whatever ultimately happened to HE; HOWEVER, says that he does not feel the state proved it either. The way he explained his rationale was that they no greater proved she was kidnapped as they might have proved he could have paid her off to disappear from the area. Of course, that is poppycock to me. Point being, some people think this way. Darn those people, husband included - LOL! He won't have a happy wife tonight, I'm afraid.

I had asked my husband last night, considering he would vote NG, if he were the only one or two holding out with NG vote, would he switch since he truly feels SM is guilty of whatever ultimately happened to HE, his response was that he wasn't sure but possibly. Makes you want to bang your head against the wall, doesn't it?

I am looking forward to a retrial, hoping and praying they go forward with one. I think this case was pretty much doomed with bias to begin with considering the Judge knew the defendant and the history there, in addition to KT's friend. The only silver lining is that it wasn't a NG verdict.

Can't wait for happy hour.

^^^^***
^^^^
^^
Great Post !!!

Maybe - just maybe - This was enough to scare Sydney into how close he was to being convicted. If it was TM - maybe he will re-think backing her up anymore? Or at least tell the truth so he's more of an accessory than the actual killer? One can only hope.

Maybe they should have tried them together.

I'm sure there are people smarter than I on this topic -- but I totally agree the Judge did them a favor by allowing them separate trials. ....and now we are once again back to the Judge knowing SM's parents.

I'm sure there are people smarter than I on this topic -- but I totally agree the Judge did them a favor by allowing them separate trials. ....and now we are once again back to the Judge knowing SM's parents.

Totally agree. If these two had been charged together, they would have both been found guilty in this trial.

There are many cases connected to Myrtle Beach and 99% of them are either dismissed or ends up this way. Disgraceful and pitiful.

So very true! And even when found guilty, they are given a ridiculously light sentence. Some guy was found guilty of kidnapping and armed robbery in 2013 because he held his freaking babysitter at gunpoint when he dropped her back off at her apartment and stole money from her home. About a month ago, he had apparently already been released because he was arrested AGAIN for armed robbery and attempted murder when he shot the homeowner who walked in on him robbing place. That incident took place on my street!!! I was LIVID when I found out about the crime that happened in 2013.

Local attorney/legal expert on WMBF just said that Sidney's retrial will postpone Tammy's trial even more.

News just had another local attorney on:

Basically he said that he would think with a 10-2 - the state will retry ----- and that means that TM's trial will have to be pushed to later.

Not sure I understand - if they're being tried seperately - why SM's trial has to be first - or that they couldn't even be tried at the same time for that matter? Or - if SM is found guilty - does that mean they have to drop the kidnapping case against TM?

Anyone out there who can explain how that works?

Tammy must be posting wildly on social media. Now she can photoshop to her heart's content.

I think the judge said that if there's a retrial, he'll confer with the administrative judge as to wether or not the he'll be the preciding judge. I can't imagine he'd be assigned to the retrial.

Given the "good old boys club" down there I would not be surprised at all if he will be there again. I cannot watch him again. Just awful.

So very true! And even when found guilty, they are given a ridiculously light sentence. Some guy was found guilty of kidnapping and armed robbery in 2013 because he held his freaking babysitter at gunpoint when he dropped her back off at her apartment and stole money from her home. About a month ago, he had apparently already been released because he was arrested AGAIN for armed robbery and attempted murder when he shot the homeowner who walked in on him robbing place. That incident took place on my street!!! I was LIVID when I found out about the crime that happened in 2013.

I've vacationed in MB three times in my life, and I'm pretty confident I'll never go back since I became aware of Heather Elvis and have read many stories like yours since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox