Misty admits why she and Ron got married!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Exactly AutomaticAuttie. But, you know Misty and her understanding of the law!

Oh, Misty understands the power of the law when it comes to disenchantment with boy friends and sexual misconduct, her parents do too. I believe that when Ron and clan learned of the Croslin's propensity to defend Misty with the full weight of the law, they moved verrry quickly to close that little incarceration loophole.

Misty groomed as the fall girl and retaining Junior's custody running as bonuses. jmo

IIRC....Didn't RC lie about his age to Misty's parents? Like, minus 2 years?

IIRC....Didn't RC lie about his age to Misty's parents? Like, minus 2 years?

I do recall hearing something about that but i was in the rumor thread for a long time and now can't figure out what was rumor or not, not that this is all that helpful, but i do recall hearing about this.

I remember thinking to myself, like lying about the two years in age made a difference, he would still be a legal adult messing with an under age female.... i kinda laughed at it, JMO

Hank Croslin Sr. said it in a media article somewhere, although I don't have the link handy. It was close to their wedding, IIRC.

Since MC said that they got married to keep RC out of jail, I can live with that because it makes sense. RC said it was to keep his enemies closer and I can live with that too, as it makes sense. But what makes NO sense is the honeymoon in NY. They could have stayed right there next to the search and do a video interview with whatever show they went to NY to be on. It was no time for honeymooning when there was an active search going on in FL for Haleigh. JMO.

At the court house, RC looked angry & bothered by the media.
Misty was as jubulant as any 17 year old could be.

At the outdoor party, RC didn't seem to be going along with things.

IMO It was all very awkward.

Got it:
http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...eigh_cummings_family_life_unstable_from_start
Her father, Hank Croslin Sr., told the Times-Union that Cummings told him he was 19 and later that he was 21.

Though Hank Croslin said he was angry at first about the lie, he said it is no longer an issue.

It is against Florida law for a person 24 or older to have relations with anyone 17 or younger, but investigators said they are not looking into the issue during the search for Haleigh. Find the little girl is their priority, they said.

At the court house, RC looked angry & bothered by the media.
Misty was as jubulant as any 17 year old could be.

At the outdoor party, RC didn't seem to be going along with things.

IMO It was all very awkward.

The timing of the marriage was a very difficult thing to swallow, and the spin had to really be swirling to cover for this. Thus all the statements made about how great Misty was, and Haleigh would have wanted it etc. I remember that there was a large search being done at the very time the wedding (and kitchen reception) were being held, just felt bad (and sad).
I think part of the urgency might have been because it was pointed out to them that if they both went to the Today Show interview together, this would be a clear violation of the Mann Act (taking minor over state lines etc) and because of all the "national attention", LE would have to take action...I remember Hardy was asked about the issue of RC and Misty's ages early on, and he dismissed it by saying LE's focus was on finding HaLeigh and they would just have to deal with that later-
But RC, Misty (and TN) wanted to go to the show ($)...

Well they may have gotten married thinking it would look better to the public, and/or LE, and media.. BUT that is where my hinky meter went off. I really did not know what to think of any of the players in the beginning.(I had not started reading here yet, and got info from Ng, which I refuse to even watch anymore..due to her acting like RC was an innocent victim in all this, innocent grown men DO NOT SLEEP WITH 16/17 yr old girls!!) After they wed, I still did not understand what happened or where Haleigh was, but I did feel they were doing it to protect each other, and innocent people dont need protected.

IMHO their wedding stamped GUILTY all over them!!!!

Hank Croslin Sr. said it in a media article somewhere, although I don't have the link handy. It was close to their wedding, IIRC.

Thanks, I thought it was after he claimed Ron tried to kill him or after the fight Ron C and Croslins had in GGMS' front yard... For me It's been a long year especially when trying to remember who said what and when it was said...JMO

Thanks, I thought it was after he claimed Ron tried to kill him or after the fight Ron C and Croslins had in GGMS' front yard... For me It's been a long year especially when trying to remember who said what and when it was said...JMO

...........and why.

and here's a little more info...
http://staugustine.com/stories/021809/news_021809_024.shtml

"Misty is going through a lot," he said. "You can't expect her to say everything right."

Croslin said his daughter and Cummings have been together for several months, and at first he did not like the arrangement. He did not initially like that Cummings first said he was 19, then 21.

As he has watched the couple, his opinion has changed, he said.

"I'd rather see my daughter with someone like him," he said. "You don't see too many 25-year-old men take care of two kids."

He said his daughter and Cummings were dedicated to Haleigh and Cummings' son.

"I've never seen that girl without a smile," he said of Haleigh. "Both of those kids were happy."

Also note that the pink shirt is discussed in this piece....:)

OT--sorry but don't we have a shirt thread--I cannot find it :banghead: these comments are interesting if we add them to CJ's "drawer" comment? If anyone can help find it...much appreciation...:blowkiss:

Well, unless Misty is lying (again), serve me up a big dish of crow. With ketchup on top. Sheesh. I should know better than to think the best of these folks.

OT--sorry but don't we have a shirt thread--I cannot find it :banghead: these comments are interesting if we add them to CJ's "drawer" comment? If anyone can help find it...much appreciation...:blowkiss:

this one is about what Misty has claimed happened before putting Haleigh to bed. Don't know if the pink shirt is mentioned but it should be if Misty swears that what she was wearing *huge eyeroll*
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79853&page=4

Since MC said that they got married to keep RC out of jail, I can live with that because it makes sense. RC said it was to keep his enemies closer and I can live with that too, as it makes sense. But what makes NO sense is the honeymoon in NY. They could have stayed right there next to the search and do a video interview with whatever show they went to NY to be on. It was no time for honeymooning when there was an active search going on in FL for Haleigh. JMO.

You mean that post-wedding, all expenses paid trip to NYC? With the fancy hotel, exclusive restaurants, limo service, etc?? Oh, that was all about Haleigh... it's what she would've wanted. ;)

:puke:

Seriously, the only thing that shocked me was how they agreed to travel by airplane... how'd they carry their drugs?

Well, unless Misty is lying (again), serve me up a big dish of crow. With ketchup on top. Sheesh. I should know better than to think the best of these folks.
Hey that's alright. Trying to look for the best in folks isn't necessarily a bad thing. :)

You mean that post-wedding, all expenses paid trip to NYC? With the fancy hotel, exclusive restaurants, limo service, etc?? Oh, that was all about Haleigh... it's what she would've wanted. ;)

:puke:

Seriously, the only thing that shocked me was how they agreed to travel by airplane... how'd they carry their drugs?

Hey that's alright. Trying to look for the best in folks isn't necessarily a bad thing. :)

Plus the Today Show got exclusive video of the wedding and then of pictures shown during the interview. I'm sure a lot of money changed hands. In my opinion.

I'm not too concerned about why they got married.... My question is, why the divorce? Apparently, they're still together, or were until they got arrested.... so divorcing doesn't make sense to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kmkd
Back