Misty C #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to say albeit not very eloquently that if Ron was impaired then SURELY it would be on the first report the night Haleigh went missing, right?
So do those who feel adamantly that it would be on the report if Ron was impaired feel like MIsty was sober? If so, I dont buy that. But it wasnt on the report that night, right? Dont need a link ;)

I am trying to say albeit not very eloquently that if Ron was impaired then SURELY it would be on the first report the night Haleigh went missing, right?
So do those who feel adamantly that it would be on the report if Ron was impaired feel like MIsty was sober? If so, I dont buy that. But it wasnt on the report that night, right? Dont need a link ;)
Yeah, IMO, she was not intoxicated or did not appear to be to LE or that would have been noted. By Misty's account she would have been asleep for around 5 hours so, imo, she was prob. a bit sobered up if she was high earlier. Like I said in a prior post it would be nice if drug screens were routine at a missing child incident.

I assure you in a criminal investigation report if someone involved at the scene of an alleged crime appearsto be intoxicated it will be noted in the report. I can only speak from experience of NC LE, but I would think this is SP in any department.

BBM

Again, appearances are key here. Listen to the 911 call, without bias or attachment. It could be distress in his voice, it could be dramatics with a touch of intoxication thrown in for believability.

And again, NO, responding officers would NOT do a blood alcohol test for two reasons. The first is that the "incapacitating" distress being exhibited by RC could easily mask intoxication, and secondly, it is not illegal to be intoxicated in one's own home. Even those arrested in their OWN HOMES and charged with domestic violence are NOT charged with intoxication, even if they ARE clearly intoxicated.

In solving crimes, it helps a great deal to follow reality as it IS rather than struggling to make reality fit what you WANT it to be!

And again, for the record, I have quite a bit of personal experience seeing intoxication pass undetected by LE, judges, and attorneys, even in the courtroom under questioning. Would be a piece of cake for RC, who has learned how to function in the world under the influence of several kinds of intoxicants.

Yeah, IMO, she was not intoxicated or did not appear to be to LE or that would have been noted. By Misty's account she would have been asleep for around 5 hours so, imo, she was prob. a bit sobered up if she was high earlier. Like I said in a prior post it would be nice if drug screens were routine at a missing child incident.

BBM

Along with alcohol testing, I'm sure you'll agree. For ALL involved parties.

BBM

Again, appearances are key here. Listen to the 911 call, without bias or attachment. It could be distress in his voice, it could be dramatics with a touch of intoxication thrown in for believability.

And again, NO, responding officers would NOT do a blood alcohol test for two reasons. The first is that the "incapacitating" distress being exhibited by RC could easily mask intoxication, and secondly, it is not illegal to be intoxicated in one's own home. Even those arrested in their OWN HOMES and charged with domestic violence are NOT charged with intoxication, even if they ARE clearly intoxicated.

In solving crimes, it helps a great deal to follow reality as it IS rather than struggling to make reality fit what you WANT it to be!

And again, for the record, I have quite a bit of personal experience seeing intoxication pass undetected by LE, judges, and attorneys, even in the courtroom under questioning. Would be a piece of cake for RC, who has learned how to function in the world under the influence of several kinds of intoxicants.
We will have to agree to disagree. The officers I work with here in NC would have been able to detect if RC was intoxicated, no problem. It is what they are trained to do. Maybe where you live officers are not as well trained in detecting intoxication, IDK.

As far as the statement I bolded, I agree. I see that happen everyday. But people have their own reality on which they base their interpretations, so I do not tell them what I think there opinions should be. I share what MY opinions are and my reasoning behind them.

There is no proof RC "has learned to function in a world under the influenece". That is an opinion.

As debs stated before it is not iilegal to be intoxicated in your own home, so someone charged w/ DO in the home would NOT be charged w/ being intoxicated, it's not a crime. But here, it would be noted in the responding officer's report.

Curvecuti, From what I have read that Putnam LE deals with daily they have constant, constant, interactions with persons under the influence of drugs or alcohol. I would say they probably have had more on the job training, than most larger cities. I like the sentence you bolded from OneLove:
" In solving crimes, it helps a great deal to follow reality as it IS rather than struggling to make reality fit what you WANT it to be!"

This forum is the only forum I have received alerts from the past few days.

KNOCK IT OFF

I am thinking about closing it down. It's not worth it.

All we want at Websleuths is for you to discuss the cases you are interested in. Discuss cases in a mature manner, no hidden insults, no writing something in such a way the it's insulting but you can dance around it somehow, no making cracks about the educational system and on and on and on and on. . .

KNOCK IT OFF

KNOCK IT OFF

KNOCK IT OFF

In case you missed it the first time:

KNOCK IT OFF

KNOCK IT OFF

KNOCK IT OFF

KNOCK IT OFF

KNOCK IT OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online