MN MN - Amy Pagnac, 13, Osseo, 5 Aug 1989

I am also wondering about the publicity. I went to a forum held by Patty. There was the father of Kevin Collins, a woman whose child had been taken by the ex to Mexico and the parents of Aaron Anderson.

Amy's parents were not aware of the Wetterling resources that were being offered to people all over the US?

This can also be explained by information that is available to the public. There have been numerous public references to severe health issues that both parents have suffered requiring hospitalization. It's not out of the question that they missed some events due to hospitalization or recovery.

I have been present at numerous forums where both Amy's mom and dad have been present. In fact, I saw them at a few before actually formally meeting them at one held by the BCA.

At the last Squeaky Wheel Tour event, both Amy's mom and dad were present and took part, as well as Patty Wetterling. I know, because I saw a reporter nearly trample Amy's mom in an effort to get to Patty. Amy's mom was opening a locked door so that Patty could enter, and she barely kept upright as the reporter shoved her aside to get to Patty.

I also overheard Amy's mom introducing herself to a reporter, and the reporter replying that she knew who Susan was, and that her daughter had had enough press.

The things that parents are willing to endure to help their children is just amazing.

This can also be explained by information that is available to the public. There have been numerous public references to severe health issues that both parents have suffered requiring hospitalization. It's not out of the question that they missed some events due to hospitalization or recovery.

I have been present at numerous forums where both Amy's mom and dad have been present. In fact, I saw them at a few before actually formally meeting them at one held by the BCA.

At the last Squeaky Wheel Tour event, both Amy's mom and dad were present and took part, as well as Patty Wetterling. I know, because I saw a reporter nearly trample Amy's mom in an effort to get to Patty. Amy's mom was opening a locked door so that Patty could enter, and she barely kept upright as the reporter shoved her aside to get to Patty.

I also overheard Amy's mom introducing herself to a reporter, and the reporter replying that she knew who Susan was, and that her daughter had had enough press.

The things that parents are willing to endure to help their children is just amazing.

I'm also wondering what on earth this question about publicity has to do with finding Amy? I have been at lots of events where the Aaron Anderson family has not been present, yet I would not think to ask about it - since it is clear that nobody can make it to all of these events. Missing one here or there just doesn't seem like it should be noteworthy at all.

I just went back and read the hundreds of posts again. Second time through. What struck me this time is that there is an obsession with a few (as far as I can tell, completely meaningless) questions that are asked and answered again and again.

Coupled with the fact that there are constant demands for copies of evidence and specific information that have been given to Law Enforcement, yet not released to the public by Law Enforcement...

Hmmm...it just seems like there is some weird interest in this case on the part of some folks.

Clearly, the family is not going to be able to share anything that they gave to Law Enforcement. Especially if Law Enforcement has not made the information public.

I'm also wondering what on earth this question about publicity has to do with finding Amy? I have been at lots of events where the Aaron Anderson family has not been present, yet I would not think to ask about it - since it is clear that nobody can make it to all of these events. Missing one here or there just doesn't seem like it should be noteworthy at all.

The question is because someone stated that Amy had no publicity. I am wondering why the opportunity for publicity was not taken or known? The event for Aaron Amderson and the others I mentioned must have been in 1990. The means was available as the Wetterlings helped people all over the US maybe as early as late 1989.

I guess asking questions as to where Amy would go,when she was missing before are classified info for some reason. And the info of what was found when Amy was thought to be a stripper is classified as well.

The question is because someone stated that Amy had no publicity. I am wondering why the opportunity for publicity was not taken or known? The event for Aaron Amderson and the others I mentioned must have been in 1990. The means was available as the Wetterlings helped people all over the US maybe as early as late 1989.

What makes you think that there were no opportunities taken for publicity? Just because a family wants to be interviewed doesn't mean they will be. Just because Jacob Wetterling Foundation (Now Jacob Wetterling Resource Center) and Missing Children Minnesota, and NCMEC promoted the case does not mean that the press would pick it up. If they aren't interested, they aren't interested.

Yes, the family has worked with all of these organizations from fairly early on. But that does not mean that the press would respond necessarily. After all, there are still missing child press releases that go largely unnoticed or only cause local ripples.

I guess asking questions as to where Amy would go,when she was missing before are classified info for some reason. And the info of what was found when Amy was thought to be a stripper is classified as well.

I was thinking more about demands for the gas receipt and the corrected report written by Lt. Markgraf, but since you mention it, yes, specific information about the follow-up of Law Enforcement, and specific information about what they may have learned would certainly be kept under wraps. What the family knows (according to comments) is that investigators working with a child-find agency observed and reported a sighting, and that information was handed off to LE.

That's not really a mysterious chain of events. Information is sought, information is found. Information is reported to Law Enforcement. Law Enforcement does whatever they do with it, and maybe let people know what that is when the investigation is over.

My guess is, that if it were something Law Enforcement wanted released, they would have released it. Since they have not; they probably don't want to release it. Also, not a tremendous leap of logic. But your mileage may vary.

As for the question of publicity, I'm astonished that this is even a question. Look at the list of people missing on this website alone. Look at the list of individuals on NAMUS. There's so many people that are out there, lost, missing, and just because I didn't personally know about each and every one of them, doesn't mean that I assume that there weren't people working desperately hard to get their name out there to find them.
Amy's case was highlighted on one of the versions of the Runaway train video - not all cases were. There was obviously work done to promote publicity of the case to get national coverage. In 1990, the case was highlighted on the local news with the whole family, I believe there was a link posted to that story on this specific forum. There's been multiple age progressions done and missing posters working in conjunction with Missing Children Minnesota and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children - even a new one last week.
In June, there was a large, highly publicized, event hosted at the Mall of America in conjunction with the Wetterling Resource Center which highlighted several cases, including Amy's. The event barely got any coverage on the local media, and certainly no national coverage. Several family members of individuals who are missing attended, including Amy's family, but none were interviewed or shown on the story. Just because those stories weren't put on the news, doesn't mean the event and those stories weren't publicized and people working hard to get the information out. Stating otherwise is insulting to those working so hard at the Wetterling Resource Center, Missing Children Minnesota, The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension, etc. and all law enforcement working on those cases.

As for the question of publicity, I'm astonished that this is even a question. Look at the list of people missing on this website alone. Look at the list of individuals on NAMUS. There's so many people that are out there, lost, missing, and just because I didn't personally know about each and every one of them, doesn't mean that I assume that there weren't people working desperately hard to get their name out there to find them.
Amy's case was highlighted on one of the versions of the Runaway train video - not all cases were. There was obviously work done to promote publicity of the case to get national coverage. In 1990, the case was highlighted on the local news with the whole family, I believe there was a link posted to that story on this specific forum. There's been multiple age progressions done and missing posters working in conjunction with Missing Children Minnesota and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children - even a new one last week.
In June, there was a large, highly publicized, event hosted at the Mall of America in conjunction with the Wetterling Resource Center which highlighted several cases, including Amy's. The event barely got any coverage on the local media, and certainly no national coverage. Several family members of individuals who are missing attended, including Amy's family, but none were interviewed or shown on the story. Just because those stories weren't put on the news, doesn't mean the event and those stories weren't publicized and people working hard to get the information out. Stating otherwise is insulting to those working so hard at the Wetterling Resource Center, Missing Children Minnesota, The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension, etc. and all law enforcement working on those cases.

Exactly. Not all cases are treated equally in the press. Luckily, Patty Wetterling has worked hard to use her platform to lift up all cases and the cause. Not all parents would do as much as she has for other people's cases, if given the same opportunities that she has had.

There is no doubt that the press prefers Jacob's case, and as things go, that is largely positive because the family has used their recognition to help others. Still, other families do have to work harder to be heard. So making it sound like they are to blame for not being heard as much as a case that is the media favorite is pretty unfair.

If people were interested in knowing if the Pagnacs are working with the Jacob Wetterling Resource Center, NCMEC, Missing Children Minnesota, all they would need to do is see if those organizations have created posters for Amy. After all, the posters and the press releases that they do for clients involve a signed release, and the cooperation of the parents.

Weren't some of the interviews that the family did done at the Missing Children Minnesota offices? I thought at least a few of them looked like they were in their conference room.

So it is pretty clear that the family is using resources and working hard to get Amy in the press, making themselves as available as possible. The most recent statement by Maple Grove Captain Lindquist is that they have been pushing and asking for more, and that they have been very cooperative, inviting the police into their home, etc.

They seem to have done everything they can especially considering major health issues.

I was just reminded that some of the interviews with the press happened at the Jacob Wetterling Resource Center Offices as well. And, as we can all see, NCMEC has created three age progression photos of Amy over the years which requires the cooperation of the immediate family members; so the conclusion must be made that of course, the family is working with Jacob Wetterling Resource Center, NCMEC, and Missing Children Minnesota and taking advantage of their help.

There are two new detectives on Amy's case, Detective Jon Wetternach received a promotion and is no longer the contact for the case.
Investigator Missy Parker and Detective Angela Tschida are now the contacts for the case. When the poster is updated, I'll pass it along.

There are two new detectives on Amy's case, Detective Jon Wetternach received a promotion and is no longer the contact for the case.
Investigator Missy Parker and Detective Angela Tschida are now the contacts for the case. When the poster is updated, I'll pass it along.
Good to know - thank you!

Bumping for Amy...nothing new? I grew up near there and would have been 16 when she disappeared. This story is just heartbreaking 😢

We all wait together, Tabirey

I think they need to take the same approach with this case as they did with Jacob Wetterling. Blow the case file open and publish the name(s) of any POI's so the public can provide some information. This case won't be solved with the boxes sitting on the shelves.

I read through this thread and was very curious about this case. I also must say, I am not sure how we can help. There appears to be questions asked and most have been labeled as the report was incorrect by the police department reports or reports front MSN, or irrelevent. Although the information was stated in the police records, we are told the police say, it's things that can't be discussed, when all that is being asked is the corrected version. This I have never heard of. There was a list of things that CAN be done to connect with former classmates and I see no posts saying anything was attempted.

Some of the responses appear to be from an insider, but as far as I see actually do not match up to what the mother has stated here in this thread. Such as: about the Dr appointment out of town. Mother initially gave the whole Amy had an appointment post, then after numerous attempts the mother stated she thought they were asking about Amy's appointment she misunderstood. But, still avoided that question.

So as excited as I was to dig into this case, I don't think there is anything much to offer. I feel, I need to get answers to some questions posted here, but if the truth isn't in the police reports (which I find it far-fetched to think if the reports were as erroneous as we are being led to believe) the FBI would have had corrections and demanded more investigation years ago. The FBI wants to solve cases, not hamper them. I also never heard where their was any contact made to contact the FBI with the incorrect info. At this point I am not sure there has been anything on the police reports has been truthful, and I find it difficult to believe they could make such glaring mistakes yet, we are supposed to think they are restricting the release of a fact as simple as, was the stripper lead ever followed up on. Especially, since we sill would have no idea the name of the club, where it is or if in fact the police were ever given this information.

It breaks my spirit to know, this case has been going on for now 26 yrs. and we still have no information to help. I guess that could be why some cases go cold for so long.

Still praying for Amy's safe return.

Maple Grove mother searches for daughter missing almost 27 years

http://www.kare11.com/news/maple-grove-mother-searches-for-daughter-missing-almost-27-years/215264137

Amy's mom recently talked with KARE 11 as she prepared to mark her daughter's 40th birthday on June 15.

Amy hasn't been home for her birthday in 27 years.

"We missed her graduation. We missed her first date. We missed her going to college," said Susan Pagnac.

She added, "It would be wonderful if we could have her 40th birthday with her. The last birthday we had was when she turned thirteen. We lost a whole lot of birthdays."

Reporter Caroline Lowe: "What keeps you going after all these years?"

Susan Pagnac: "I know if there's a way to survive, Amy will find it. And I know she's depending on us."

Lowe: "And, if unfortunately, she's isn't alive, what would it mean to know? Why is it important to know versus not knowing?"

Pagnac: "I know there's a very good chance she isn't alive. I know that.
Then I will belong to the next club that nobody wants to belong to. Instead of being just a parent of a missing child, I'd be the parent of a murdered child."

Lowe: "You need to know?"

Pagnac: "We need justice! Amy needs justice. The community needs justice."

Hi all new here, I will try to tread lightly here because she does have family on here following this forum. However I will admit that Marshall's involvement in the case is peculiar.
I have been following this case since 2014, I would of been 5 when Amy went missing. I have no clue to why I am so drawn to her case however I feel like her case is truly much more solvable than other cases. I have been creeping on websleuths for a while before joining and posting my thoughts and questions. Especially after the most recent interview done with Amy's mother Susan. I can't understand how Susan would have came to the conclusion that if Amy was found deceased it would be at the hands of a murderer...See post from 5-26-2016 by Justice will be served. If her daughter was truly suffering from medical conditions I would more so suspect she feel victim to the elements or a medical emergency verses a murderer. AS far as the theory that she was kidnapped and part of a sex trafficking ring as stated by the PI investigating her case was that claimed to have seen her in 1990 at a strip club at the age of 14 I call BS.

So let me start at the beginning of the disappearance with my theories and questions....

So if Amy and Marshall left the farm together, and the farm sat on a 140 acres how was a neighbor supposedly able to that Amy was in the car? I mean I can hardly tell you who leaves in the car of my neighbor's who live directly above me.
Was there a pit stop at the neighbors before they headed back home to Maple Grove? Are the neighbors that supposedly saw Amy with Marshall before they left for Maple Grove any relation/Kin to Susan Pagnac or Marshall Midden?
Was there any rest stops along the way from the farm to Holiday gas station in Osseo? If so where those rest stops checked for signs of Amy? ( Often time I remember not only stopping at a gas station a 1/4 into the trip but 1/2 way through the trip my mom would stop at a rest stop that way she could get out and stretch her egs, and we only where going camping about an hour away from home ..)
Say that Amy did make it to Oseeo with Marshall, why in the world would anyone suspect that she a 13 year old girl would be taken into a sex trafficking ring considering Osseo is a small farming community who has not seen any other type of disappearances or kidnappings before or after Amy's disappearance.
Is there any truth to the fact that Marshall would have had to drive out of his way to use the restroom at the gas station? How many gallons where pumped at the gas station and how many gallons did the vehicles gas tank hold? Would have there been enough gas to make it home to go to the bathroom at home which was no more than 15 minutes away from the gas station? The other theory that was offered up was that she might have had a seizure making her wander off , and wasn't abducted however she just was out there to survive on her own (which is something that her mom believed she could somehow manage as she has stated previously that if there is anyone that could survive it was Amy ) Why was she never found wandering within the Osseo area ?Does anyone know wether or not Osseo had their own police department? Where the cops truly called from the gas station in Osseo or once Marshall returned home? I know all reports I have read through news stations it was stated that he was sent home to wait for an officer.
Say the PI really did see her at a strip club in 1990 that would have made her 14, was the club closed down , was the manager arrested in connection to her disappearance because he would have been committing the crime of exploiting a minor in a sexual manor? Was this strip cl If marshall has truly been cleared as SPagnac has stated in this forum previously than why do they continue to look at the properties that are owned by Marshall and Susan?
Do they still own the 140 Acre farm?
Was the search warrant from 2014 unsealed yet and viewable to the public?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back