MN MN - Amy Pagnac, 13, Osseo, 5 Aug 1989

I know this has been mentioned before, but the police want to know who Amy’s biological dad is. So, I can only think two things here, 1. Susan (Amy’s Mom) doesn’t know who Amy’s Dad is or 2. Susan is purposefully withholding his name by saying she doesn’t know who he is or actually doesn’t know who he is.

If she really doesn’t know who Amy’s Dad is, no judgement there. But if she is pretending to not know or choosing to not release his name for some reason, that is a big deal. That would speak about her character or lack thereof.

Does anyone know if Amy’s sister is her full sister (same mom and Dad)?

I really don’t believe that Amy’s Dad swooped in out of nowhere and abducted her. Especially not at that random day, place and time.

Finding out who her dad is might be helpful. He might know something about Susan or Marshall (Amy’s stepdad) that could help find Amy.

This case just haunts me. Where is Amy????

"If you have recurrent seizures, you have epilepsy." Seizures - Symptoms and causes

I live about 5 minutes outside of Osseo. I also doubt Amy was at the gas station unless it was in a different location than it is now. One time, I was sitting in Panera Bread in Maple Grove and a retired cop who worked on Amy's case was in there. He overheard me talking about my law enforcement training and struck up a conversation with me. The retired cop doesn't think Amy was at the gas station, either.

Was the Isanti County Boy's Ranch running in 1989? I have a classmate who lives on a farm in Isanti County, not far from where the Boy's Ranch was located. And, she said, boys run away from the ranch and knock on people's doors looking for a place to stay. I wonder if a boy did something to Amy or if it really was her dad/step-dad. Or, Amy was doing something with a boy, her dad freaked out and accidentally killed Amy. I don't know.

There are a lot of scenarios of what could have happened to Amy. I think she didn't leave the farm. The parents have lived in the same house all of these years. Their backyard (never their front yard) has been dug up and sifted through for evidence. I remember them tearing up their backyard 4 or 5 years ago, and watching Kare 11 live streaming the front of the Pagnac's front yard.

Isanti County youth ranch closing

I agree medically defining what epilepsy is your absolutely correct.
However there is no proof outside of her mother's word that she actually was prone to seizure.
I hate to say, I'm on the same page as you with my thoughts. I believe she didn't make it off that property. And with the time that's passed I think she has probably been moved from one location to the next.
There is no way they are going to bring her justice if certain key people pass on.
Since you live close it would be fun to sit and have a brain storm session . Maybe we get the retired cop to sit down and we could have some questions answered.

I agree medically defining what epilepsy is your absolutely correct.
However there is no proof outside of her mother's word that she actually was prone to seizure.
I hate to say, I'm on the same page as you with my thoughts. I believe she didn't make it off that property. And with the time that's passed I think she has probably been moved from one location to the next.
There is no way they are going to bring her justice if certain key people pass on.
Since you live close it would be fun to sit and have a brain storm session . Maybe we get the retired cop to sit down and we could have some questions answered.

Sounds like the three of us live very close. Wouldn't that be something to be able to pick the retired officers brain?

Sounds like the three of us live very close. Wouldn't that be something to be able to pick the retired officers brain?

I bet more than anything that the retired detective still is wondering when this case will be cracked.
It saddens me to no end that there is no one talking about her case. I see countless other cold cases being solved.. why not hers?
Why is she not being featured on YouTube channels dedicated to missing persons cases? Just frustrating. I feel like every one gave up on her :(

The only way to call attention to something like this is maybe someone creates their own youtube channel and creates a compelling video that might go viral in unresolved mystery circles to try and inspire further searching.

I know the subreddit "unresolved mysteries" has inspired some of the podcast/videoblog people to revisit cases like this.

The only way to call attention to something like this is maybe someone creates their own youtube channel and creates a compelling video that might go viral in unresolved mystery circles to try and inspire further searching.

I know the subreddit "unresolved mysteries" has inspired some of the podcast/videoblog people to revisit cases like this.

I have seriously thought about.
Her case eats at me, she needs a voice .

I believe both Amy and Racine JD have DNA in the system, which usually indicates a rule out by default, so Amy wouldn't appear on the list.
Also, Amy has blue eyes and RJD doesn't. I know this possibility has been discussed on one of their threads.

This is where she went missing, it's in the middle of the small town of Osseo,MN with a population of around 2000. I always imagined it being in the middle of nowhere along a route, but it's actually very central

Google Maps

If she indeed had a seizure and run away, she would still be in the middle of the town an there would beplenty of people around. No body of water, mountain top or whatever nd I suppose her body would've been found if she had an accident.

Soif she did run off, she may have met the wrong person and was met with foul play. It seems unlikely but its possible. A crime of opportunity.

Or, the father made up stories about this to hide what really hppened. Perhaps she died by accident because of her erratic behavior.

According to charleyproject:

Her case received additional attention in the spring of 2014, after authorities searched her parents' farm and their residence in the 9700 block of Hemlock Lane north for information in her case, but the search turned up nothing of interest.

So, i believe her father may still be a suspect.

Any chance Amy had any high school friends who were boys? IF the gas station story is true, a car with one or more high school boys could have pulled up, Amy got in, something happened, and they hid her body.

Do we have any verified insiders in this case?

Any chance Amy had any high school friends who were boys? IF the gas station story is true, a car with one or more high school boys could have pulled up, Amy got in, something happened, and they hid her body.

Do we have any verified insiders in this case?

@Renu (Verified insider - Amy Sue Pagnac case) was last seen: Dec 11, 2015

@sguru26 (Amy's sister, never verified) was last seen: Feb 27, 2013

@spagnac (Amy's mother, never verified) was last seen: Aug 23, 2015

ETA: I had just spent the wee hours of this morning going back over this thread. These, along with another member (Whisper2112 was last seen: Jun 15, 2017) were the only people who purported to have insider knowledge. Whisper seemed to be an avid supporter of the family, though not claiming to be related in any fashion. Perplexing.

Last edited:
I know there are many different theories as to what happened to her, but I’m leaning towards an accidental death. I think she had a seizure, wandered into the road and was struck by a car. The driver panicked and believed they killed her or actually did. Then they hid her body and it’s just not been found yet.

Did Amy to to The Bridge and The Bridge aftercare group around February or March or so of 1989? She looks so familiar, buy her name is not familiar other than in the news stories. She looks like a girl who was in my aftercare group at the bridge. Many years ago and I was 14 and I thought I remembered the name Rachelle, but Amy looks similar. I sure hope this case is solved. So sad. My guess is she never made it out of the farm or wherever she was out of town.

Amy Sue Pagnac disappeared two months before Jacob Wetterling, but she still hasn't been found. On the 30th anniversary of her disappearance, her mother holds out hope this mystery will be solved.

...SBM

Over the years, posters have shown what Amy would look like as she gets older, and investigators have even served a search warrant on her parents’ home in Maple Grove. But, there's still no sign of the missing teenager, and family members believe she was taken against her will.

...SBM

Maple Grove police said Amy's disappearance is still an open and active missing person's case, and they will thoroughly investigate all leads. They also ask anyone with information about Amy's whereabouts to give them a call.

After 30 years, officials still looking for answers in Amy Sue Pagnac disappearance

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back