GUILTY MN - Barway Collins, 10, Crystal, 18 March 2015 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
At one point when I had thought maybe mom was the step mom I toyed with the possibility that this was a custody issue. Now I am just confused.

He had very recently moved to Crystal from another town near Minneapolis. I wonder if he really missed his friends and someone picked him up to take him back? It seems much more likely if the child were in mid teens than 10 years old - because his friends wouldn't be able to drive and few adults will participate in kidnapping their kid's friend.

I am hoping the police know something they're not saying because this doesn't make the least bit sense to me. Even if he ran off voluntarily to be with someone he knows he could be in all kinds of danger regardless. Anybody who lets a ten year old stay for days without checking with the parents has questionable judgment at best and unspeakable motives at worst.

It is 33 degrees in St Paul, and we are expecting 3-5 inches of snow tomorrow. Please let this boy have an angel.

From your link, statement from detectives:

"We do not have information that would lead us to believe this is a stranger abduction. We do have information that leads us to believe he is with someone he may know," Revering said.

I really hope this seeming nonchalance is based on more than Barway looking back and looking like his attention was caught by someone he knew. I wonder if LE have seen something on surveillance that they have not shared with the family. I don't know. Family facebook accounts are eerily devoid of almost any mention of this child.

Article also says BCA and FBI have been brought in.

Strange it went from "he may know" to "he knows" :waitasec:

Especially since THEY don't know who he is with or where he is.

How would they know either way if he "may know" or "knows" someone if they don't know who he is with? Let alone know he is safe?

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/28562143/10-year-old-boy-missing-from-crystal-minn

Updated as of 8pm Friday March 20

From link:

"... news conference to make another plea for the public's help in finding Barway. Police said they believe the boy is with someone he knows and that he is safe. However, they do not know who he's with, or where he is. "

And it's just shocking they're going with "they believe" him to be with someone he knows and "they believe" that he is safe...

It's a 10 year old in winter/spring and they don't know who he's with or where he is!

You'd think they want "to know" that he is safe and with someone he knows...not just that "they believe" that. :banghead:

Has anyone seen information regarding his biological mom? From what I've read, it appears he lives with dad and step- mom, and another article talked to previous step-mom that was married to dad until about two years ago.

I keep feeling like that's a piece of the puzzle that could possibly fit in...?

Has anyone seen information regarding his biological mom? From what I've read, it appears he lives with dad and step- mom, and another article talked to previous step-mom that was married to dad until about two years ago.

I keep feeling like that's a piece of the puzzle that could possibly fit in...?
My mind is stuck on this as well. Does bio moms family have him? Bio mom herself? Nothing seems clear cut.

I really don't like the press on this. Basically, everything we are hearing is "there's a boy missing for four days but no big deal." Statements by LE are going to do nothing but cause the public to forget about this child.

Sad. I looked at star tribune online today and NOTHING on the front pages, even in the west metro area section. Why is this not front page? And why no immediate search? Sounds like the family is frantic. I am really hoping they are purposely keeping quiet because maybe they know where he is and are planning a rescue or something. If it is not that, then I am really disappointed. it's like the Jacob Wetterling investigation only now it is 2015 and we should know to jump on it, search, and make it front page, top priority, until he is found. Trying to trust that LE knows and are working hard on it. Hopefully! If I lived near there I'd be out searching myself. Prayers for this boy. Maybe bio mom or someone took him out of country or something.

I really hope that LE is correct because if they are wrong then they have really let this little boy and his family down. I am going to share his sweet baby face on my Facebook page. God forbid they are wrong.

This is so bad. A missing 10yr old and there's nothing out there about him?

How can police say they think he's with someone and he's safe, then say they don't know who he's with or where he is? Makes no sence, of course he's not safe, he's missing from home!

Unless bio mum or her family have him, but you would hope the police have checked this out already.
Shocking that there's no news.
Praying he's safe and home soon x

At one point the police said they thought it wasn't a custody issue which would tend to rule out bio mom but this police has said a lot of weird things so who knows if this is one of them.

http://bringmethenews.com/2015/03/19/10-year-old-reported-missing-police-ask-for-publics-help/

Yep, this is just the oddest reaction from police that I can remember for a missing child case. I sure hope it's a custody issue and that they have information leading that way because otherwise this makes about zero sense. Praying to hear something good soon.

So obviously they've shown this photo to his family and they don't recognize the pair, so that rules out family abduction.

Can anyone think of a couple abducting a 10 year old boy - a stranger - and harming him?

I wonder what time this video was taken - moments before he went missing, or hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda