MN - Daunte Wright, 20, fatally shot by police during traffic stop, Brooklyn Center, 11 April 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
An interesting comment indicating this happened because the CM indicated the officer should receive due process like any other American. Hopefully there’s more to it than that. We don’t need Salem Witch Trials v.2.
What more to it could we have?The higher ups said she shot him with a gun instead of a taser like she planned.It's totally her fault.

I think that when the male officer goes to put the cuffs on Wright is what makes him break away. You can see the cuffs in his hand. Wright maybe was thinking that he had to make his move before the cuffs went on or he would have no chance.

The officer actually struggles with the cuffs for a few seconds, and he stands still. He doesn't make a break for it until after she approached him and grabs the card as the other officer steps aside (to get out of her way)? Getting the card wasn't necessary at that moment (was it?). I seriously question this "very senior officer's" judgment.

I watched it again. What would she have been reaching for? The situation looked manageable until she grabs at him, which gives him an opening, or maybe scared him into thinking she was planting something on him.
Exactly. He got out of the car, put his hands behind his back, was being cuffed and then BOOM----she steps in, puts her hands on him and everything goes to hell. It kind of looked like she was reaching in his pocket. I don't know what she was doing .

Exactly. He got out of the car, put his hands behind his back, was being cuffed and then BOOM----she steps in, puts her hands on him and everything goes to hell. It kind of looked like she was reaching in his pocket. I don't know what she was doing .
I feel like it started there - she may have realized she (and the other officer, by moving in response to her) gave him an opening. They inadvertently escalated things. Then she panicked, trying to regain control. Then all h*** breaks loose.

It is gut-wrenching to watch his mother on the news.

I don't know why cities enact curfews anymore. They are ignored and then when the police finally move it to enforce it (against people that are usually there to protest police violence) the stage is set for trouble. Why even bother to begin with?

I don't know why cities enact curfews anymore. They are ignored and then when the police finally move it to enforce it (against people that are usually there to protest police violence) the stage is set for trouble. Why even bother to begin with?
I think midnight would have been reasonable.
7pm seems outrageous to me.

That's an unnecessarily inflammatory headline from Sky News in my opinion.

I thought the exact same.
The quotes around the word "accidentally" and the descriptive skin color of this young man, give the opposite impression of an accident, and that this cop intentionally shot not just any man, but specifically a black man.

And, I believe that's exactly what they meant to imply.
These folks get paid to write good headlines. They know what they're doing.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member