MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting picture:
1. Did you take the picture yourself? If not, then where/when is it from?
2. The vantage point seems to be high above the ground.....any explanation for this?

Ha Ha Ha no thats not me sitting in a tree with a 300mm nikon lens spying on the 2009 search. The picture is linked fron a site i was reading this morning.

Whoa!!!!!! How did they compromise the driveway until 3 am looking for a car that DR told them about?!?!?!?!?!? They never talked to DR that evening about anything other then the conversation he had with the officer at the woodpile. A link is needed to where you have documented proof that LE spook with DR the evening of the abduction about a car turning around in his driveway.

Investigators have admitted the scene may have been compromised because searchers were out until 3 am the night of the abduction searching for Jacob, and they were originally looking for a car that had left the area with Jacob because DR told them he had seen a small car turn around in his driveway shortly before the abduction. They did make casts the next morning (Monday) but as trackergd has seen in photos, there were horse hooves and other assorted tracks in the driveway by then. They do appear to have that one clear print of Jacob's shoe though, and that has been released.

(Just a side note, also, if you click on "reply with quote", instead of just "reply" - it's easier to tell what post you are commenting on.) Thanks!

Whoa!!!!!! How did they compromise the driveway until 3 am looking for a car that DR told them about?!?!?!?!?!? They never talked to DR that evening about anything other then the conversation he had with the officer at the woodpile. A link is needed to where you have documented proof that LE spook with DR the evening of the abduction about a car turning around in his driveway.

There are links on here about that or you could put in search words into google.

Since people have done the work on this already, I do not feel it is fair to ask them to work again.

It is quite fair to ask someone to repost their findings. Just a page ago Sasquatch321 made a reference that Jacob is dead. There is no proof Jacob is deceased. Your telling me that DR informed LE about the car? I don't ever recall that being disclosed. This is the only documented interaction between LE and DR the night of the abduction according to DR.

"For the most part, he has stayed quiet about the two cars he witnessed that day. He figured it was important eye-witness testimony, and he didn’t want to compromise the investigation by sharing it with the media. Now, however, he just wants answers. And he’s lost faith that law enforcement will ever solve this crime."
http://www.joybaker.com/?s=two+cars

“They told me it was a kidnapping, and I go, ‘Oh, really?’ That was pretty much it, and I walked up the hill and talked to one of the sheriff’s people,” Rassier said.
http://www.joybaker.com/?s=woodpile

There are links on here about that or you could put in search words into google.

Since people have done the work on this already, I do not feel it is fair to ask them to work again.

It is quite fair to ask someone to repost their findings. Just a page ago Sasquatch321 made a reference that Jacob is dead. There is no proof Jacob is deceased. Your telling me that DR informed LE about the car? I don't ever recall that being disclosed. This is the only documented interaction between LE and DR the night of the abduction according to DR.

"For the most part, he has stayed quiet about the two cars he witnessed that day. He figured it was important eye-witness testimony, and he didn’t want to compromise the investigation by sharing it with the media. Now, however, he just wants answers. And he’s lost faith that law enforcement will ever solve this crime."
http://www.joybaker.com/?s=two+cars

“They told me it was a kidnapping, and I go, ‘Oh, really?’ That was pretty much it, and I walked up the hill and talked to one of the sheriff’s people,” Rassier said.
http://www.joybaker.com/?s=woodpile

If you google or search with terms on WS, I imagine you will find the quotes . They are here.

(Shortened and bolded by me)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Joseph-22-Oct-1989-7&p=10285123#post10285123

"No, they didn't just take Kevin's word for it. LE had a witness that saw a small car in the Rassier driveway about the time of the abduction.

This witness came forward right away, saying "I saw lights kind of close together, like a small car. It caught my attention because it's unusual for a car to be out here at that time." - source: October 24, 1989 St. Cloud Times.

Oh, and that witness who was quoted in the newspaper was Dan Rassier. He said he saw a car. The driver of that car, IMO, came forward 14 years later, and that car was thus accounted for and ruled out. LE said that all cars had been accounted for once Kevin came forward.

Rassier now says he saw two cars in his driveway - one during the day, and one at the time of the abduction, neither of which were Kevin's car according to him. And, in the few minutes between Rassier "seeing" the "second" car and Kevin coming into his driveway, Rassier had fallen asleep. He "slept" for the next 2 hours while police sped past his house and a helicopter hovered around the area of his home. He was finally "awaken" about 11:15-11:20pm when his dog alerted him to people by the woodpile.

Until 2010 (to my knowledge), there was never any mention by LE or the media about other cars in the Rassier driveway.

Furthermore, FBI supervisor in charge of the investigation, has said that he was not aware of more than one car reported as being in the Rassier driveway. That FBI agent was on the scene by 9:00am on Monday after the abduction, and he remained in St. Joseph heading up for weeks. I would think he would know if multiple cars had been reported."

I'm also for certain a grown man could lift an 11 boy without making a crater in the ground.

I'm also for certain a grown man could lift an 11 boy without making a crater in the ground.

Yes, and according to his official missing description, Jacob was 75 pounds, not 85 pounds as FT stated.

It sounds like the reporter who stood on rassiers driveway for 12 hours began to see the light in this case as well.

That was in 2010. What if today he happened to be standing on the spot(s) of the abductions in the nearby towns. Would he change his mind? He mentions 6 dump trucks taking dirt out. Apparently, nothing was found in those 6 dump truck loads.

I went back and re-read all of Joy Baker's blog last night and found something that I don't recall seeing before. Dan Rassier stated that when cops went back to interview him the very next day after the abduction while he was in the school that the cops:

#1 Did NOT use dogs to search his car
#2 Did not search his band room

Why did Dan think it strange that his band room was not searched? Maybe because whatever (whoever) he smuggled out in the 'boxes' or instrument cases was put there temporarily? Just speculation but that comment seems super off to me.

Also, someone was asking if Jared's crime was published...yes, the details were made public 10 months before Jacob was abducted both on the news and in the paper if I recall correctly.

Really? I'm quite certain that based on the visual evidence of a young boy making easily viewable prints that an individual who would be heavier than him would make deeper prints, and would have their deepest prints while attempting to lift another person.

This doesn't back your statement up. You noted he told police the night Jacob was taken. That quote is from the St. Cloud Times and is from two days after the abduction.

Also, it's been reported on Joy's blog that sirens may not have been used. When did the helicopter arrive? That would probably have been when Dan's dog started barking.

Does anyone here have any of the newspapers from the couple days after the abduction?

(Shortened and bolded by me)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Joseph-22-Oct-1989-7&p=10285123#post10285123

"No, they didn't just take Kevin's word for it. LE had a witness that saw a small car in the Rassier driveway about the time of the abduction.

This witness came forward right away, saying "I saw lights kind of close together, like a small car. It caught my attention because it's unusual for a car to be out here at that time." - source: October 24, 1989 St. Cloud Times.

Oh, and that witness who was quoted in the newspaper was Dan Rassier. He said he saw a car. The driver of that car, IMO, came forward 14 years later, and that car was thus accounted for and ruled out. LE said that all cars had been accounted for once Kevin came forward.

Rassier now says he saw two cars in his driveway - one during the day, and one at the time of the abduction, neither of which were Kevin's car according to him. And, in the few minutes between Rassier "seeing" the "second" car and Kevin coming into his driveway, Rassier had fallen asleep. He "slept" for the next 2 hours while police sped past his house and a helicopter hovered around the area of his home. He was finally "awaken" about 11:15-11:20pm when his dog alerted him to people by the woodpile.

Until 2010 (to my knowledge), there was never any mention by LE or the media about other cars in the Rassier driveway.

Furthermore, FBI supervisor in charge of the investigation, has said that he was not aware of more than one car reported as being in the Rassier driveway. That FBI agent was on the scene by 9:00am on Monday after the abduction, and he remained in St. Joseph heading up for weeks. I would think he would know if multiple cars had been reported."

I went back and re-read all of Joy Baker's blog last night and found something that I don't recall seeing before. Dan Rassier stated that when cops went back to interview him the very next day after the abduction while he was in the school that the cops:

Why did Dan think it strange that his band room was not searched? Maybe because whatever (whoever) he smuggled out in the 'boxes' or instrument cases was put there temporarily? Just speculation but that comment seems super off to me.

Also, someone was asking if Jared's crime was published...yes, the details were made public 10 months before Jacob was abducted both on the news and in the paper if I recall correctly.

I got the same reaction from those comments. He's essentially telling LE that he could have just driven past them with Jacob in the trunk, and then put him in the band room.

Maybe he thought it was odd about not searching the band room because that was his classroom at the school, and a place where he spends most of his time. It'd be like if a chemistry teacher was under suspicion and they never bothered to search the chem lab.

Who wouldn't have the same reaction? LE has pestered this man and his family for decades. It's kind of hard to take the high road when they've basically disrupted his whole life. I too would look back at how inept their initial evidence collecting was done and have questions.

I got the same reaction from those comments. He's essentially telling LE that he could have just driven past them with Jacob in the trunk, and then put him in the band room.

On the above image they would have been coming down the hill when the perp stepped out from the Rassier driveway. They discarded their bikes across the street I believe.

There was some discussion about whether or not the road was paved in 89 in which it was proven it was. It also makes sense as one of the kids was riding one of those standup scooter bikes and those are really hard to use on gravel.

On Joy's blog she noted the following:

This young man also had a few other interesting tidbits to share. First, regarding the party spot back in the woods… he remembers where that was. It was back by Palmerscheid Pond and Klinefelter Park. There was a road back there where people would party. He also mentioned it was possible to get a car through there… it was all woods, but with a little off-roading, you could weasel your way out. http://www.joybaker.com/page/2/

Where is this located in proximity to the Rassier property?

Also, it's been reported on Joy's blog that sirens may not have been used.

BBM

A blog is not a credible source of information. Joy's blog, in particular, is full of glaring errors and fabrications IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74