MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. I am ready. I think each offender should get to live with the judge. When his home runs out of room,other fanily members can put them up.

What constitutional rights do these perps have? I feel they lost them when they raped toddlers, or raped children or when they raped adults.
How about the victims? No rights?

Loose Cannons...(AKA-serial pedophiles)= more Jacob Wetterling situations.
These monsters who rape children deserve a life sentence, and should be thrown in prison---> In the general population. Then they will take care of the rest. Many of those in prison, who are in for other crimes have been sexually abused as children, and they hate child rapists.

It's my understanding, that if a child predator has served a prison sentence, and they were bad enough to continue on in Moose Lake, they should have never been released from jail in the first place.

I have grave concerns with those that aren't even on a sex offenders list. If some of them had been in 1989, Jacob may be here now.

This part scares me though:

"They are dangerous because if state lawmakers don't make recommended changes, the judge may order the program shut down and all its residents released."

Seems like this puts the community in a damned if you do, or damned if you don't situation.

So what is this game they play with children's lives?

It seems victims rights are not thought about at all in this process.

There was no sex offenders list in 89. Patty got that going

I wonder about the Wobegone Trail. Apparently it is still very rough and rustic? How did it come to be? Was there some kind of path there forever and the trail was built on that ?

I've looked in time lines and can't find anything showing he was out on furlough or pass, but does anyone know if there is any possibility of Joseph Duncan being out of the hospital he was in during the time of Jacobs abduction? From my searches it looks like he was locked up and not on furlough but I don't know if there's another way to be sure. He has committed offenses in MN, ID, CA (including an abduction and murder of a boy similar age as Jacob), and I think other states. Just a thought and wondering if there is any possibility. Guy was a major killer and very scary.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I've looked in time lines and can't find anything showing he was out on furlough or pass, but does anyone know if there is any possibility of Joseph Duncan being out of the hospital he was in during the time of Jacobs abduction? From my searches it looks like he was locked up and not on furlough but I don't know if there's another way to be sure. He has committed offenses in MN, ID, CA (including an abduction and murder of a boy similar age as Jacob), and I think other states. Just a thought and wondering if there is any possibility. Guy was a major killer and very scary.

In prison till 94, so not him

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_E._Duncan_III

He was in a state hospital I believe but there were times he had home passes. Just a thought but yeah probably wasn't on pass. He was considered for home pass for that thanksgiving

He was in a state hospital I believe but there were times he had home passes. Just a thought but yeah probably wasn't on pass. He was considered for home pass for that thanksgiving

Born in Tacoma, Washington, Duncan's criminal history dates to when he was 15 years old. In 1980, he was sentenced to 20 years in prison for sexually assaulting a boy in Tacoma and as a result has spent all but six years of his adult life in prison. He was paroled in 1994 but was returned to prison in 1997 for violating the terms of his parole.[3]

I wonder about the Wobegone Trail. Apparently it is still very rough and rustic? How did it come to be? Was there some kind of path there forever and the trail was built on that ?

The Wobegon Trail is not rough and rustic. It's very well used and has lots of traffic, especially bicyclists. There are also several organized rides that use the trail. The Lake Wobegon Marathon is also on the trail and runners use it. Many towns along the trail are about 5 miles apart. I've inline skated, as well as bicycled the trail many times and have always felt safe. The trail was a former railroad line, as are most trails in MN. The St Joseph section was added to the original Wobegon Trail.

The Wobegon Trail is not rough and rustic. It's very well used and has lots of traffic, especially bicyclists. There are also several organized rides that use the trail. The Lake Wobegon Marathon is also on the trail and runners use it. Many towns along the trail are about 5 miles apart. I've inline skated, as well as bicycled the trail many times and have always felt safe. The trail was a former railroad line, as are most trails in MN. The St Joseph section was added to the original Wobegon Trail.

Here is a map. My understanding is that it is not all paved? It is a long long trail. Do you go on the part by St. Joe Trino?

http://www.co.stearns.mn.us/Portals/0/docs/Department Files/Parks/LakeWobegontrailfinal14.pdf

What is the relationship between that trail and the R farm? Was there some kind of deer trail or path?

If the Bahners did this and this Ben witness did and saw what they say they did in these joke of a YouTube tapes, this case would have been solved 20 years ago. It makes me mad to listen to them again. I just wish someone would talk or a clue would be found already!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the Bahners did this and this Ben witness did and saw what they say they did in these joke of a YouTube tapes, this case would have been solved 20 years ago. It makes me mad to listen to them again. I just wish someone would talk or a clue would be found already!

Why do you think they said the stuff they did? Is it something like the guy who confessed to JonBenet Ramsey?

I think LE has kept details back and the confessors have not stated the things that would cooroborate their story. They may have even given incorrect facts that made it so LE knew the stories were BS.

To me it is very telling when it appears that the POI is not even interested nor are the parents of Jacob or even the adult siblings.

It sounds like everyone is eager to talk except MB, she clearly coaches him. I think the others involved are looking for reduced sentences plain and simple.

Thanks for the tips Shergal! Now that this info is on an old thread I'll paste it below. I think the key to solving this case is in finding who was in those cars that passed the kids that evening. With at least two vehicles passing the boys on the way to the Tom Thumb it's certainly possible that the perp was one of them.

Minneapolis Star Tribune
October 24, 1989
St. Joseph boy, 11, kidnapped at gunpoint
Pat Doyle, Staff Writer
[Stearns County Sheriff Charlie] Grafft said an account of the abduction provided by Jacob’s brother, Trevor, 10, is credible and authorities assume the boy has been kidnapped. Trevor said that he, Jacob, and Aaron Larson, 11, were returning on bicycles from a convenience store a mile from home where they had rented a videotaped movie. The area is about 5 miles west of St. Cloud.
They were about halfway home when a man wearing dark clothing, black boots and carrying a pistol walked out of a long gravel driveway leading to a farm.
“He had a mask; it looked like pantyhose, on his head,” Trevor said. “He told us to get off our bikes or he’d shoot. We did what he said. We laid in a ditch and he asked our ages.”
After the boys told their ages, “He looked at Aaron’s face and he told me to run to the woods as fast as I could,” Trevor said.
Said Aaron, “He told me to run, too, or else he’d shoot.”
Just before they began running, “We saw him grab him (Jacob) by the arm,” Trevor said. Several minutes later, he said, they looked around, but Jacob and the masked man were gone.
Trevor said several cars passed the trio on their way to the store but no vehicles passed them as they rode their bicycles back toward home. He said they heard rustling in the weeds along the road at one point but thought nothing unusual. Trevor and Aaron said they didn’t hear or see a vehicle, but a person who lives nearby told police he heard tires squealing at about 9 p.m.
“I have a very sick feeling there was a car and he was taken away,” Jerry Wetterling said.

Interesting information about the neighbor hearing "tires squealing at about 9 pm". Squealing tires on a dirt road??? Really???

Wonder if that neighbor was DR?

Interesting information about the neighbor hearing "tires squealing at about 9 pm". Squealing tires on a dirt road??? Really???

Wonder if that neighbor was DR?

DR's driveway is dirt, but I guess the street was paved. What neighbor could it be as there were none for aways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes