MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is completely unrelated to where the line of questioning is right now, but this was clipped from Kevin's Story on Joy's Blog where she is interviewing him. For whoever it was that was wondering if Kevin existed and why no one remembers him. This is where he was living in 1989 so someone from the area should remember him.

"...so they just decide to go back home to Kevin’s place. (Kevin had his own place behind Kay’s Kitchen.)"

So mmogren., what do you think of the fact that the road Kevin talks about did not exist?

So mmogren., what do you think of the fact that the road Kevin talks about did not exist?

I find it very curious. I wonder why no one knows who he is. The media can find out who anyone is. Why don't we know who he is. I think there could be a lot more to this.

I can't speak for Aaron and Trevor, but Patty and Jared sure think so.

“Some of these were taken from a group of boys. That is really rare,” Patty Wetterling said. “The threat of a gun, the age of the victims, they were close to Jacob’s age. I do think there is a strong possibility they are connected to Jacob’s case.”

Do you have anything that shows this?

Have you proven this? Please provide a plat map circa 1989 to back up your assertion.

One very simple thing to think about regarding the Hubers and Jared's case....I highly doubt they drove a newer type of Celebrity or Century car like the one described by Jared...much less have any kind of expensive scanner for the time in it. These guys supposedly didn't have a sewer and murdered a guy over 50 bucks. I'm guessing they were not very well off.

This is completely unrelated to where the line of questioning is right now, but this was clipped from Kevin's Story on Joy's Blog where she is interviewing him. For whoever it was that was wondering if Kevin existed and why no one remembers him. This is where he was living in 1989 so someone from the area should remember him.

"...so they just decide to go back home to Kevin’s place. (Kevin had his own place behind Kay’s Kitchen.)"

It was me that was questioning Kevin's "existence." Keep in mind that I have been in St. Joseph for 20 years. The local folks I have discussed this case with really are confused by the Kevin story. No one I've talked to knows who he, the girlfriend, or her family is. I will add, however, that not many of them lived here when it happened either, and all the older people that I used to pick the brains of have unfortunately passed away.

I'm not doubting Joy actually did interview Kevin, just was putting it out there that maybe he is undercover (for lack of a better word!)

I find it very curious. I wonder why no one knows who he is. The media can find out who anyone is. Why don't we know who he is. I think there could be a lot more to this.

Good point. Although Joy Baker knows who he is. But obviously she is keeping his last name confidential.

Have you proven this? Please provide a plat map circa 1989 to back up your assertion.

Yes, I am going to attempt to find a plat map from 1989. But I do have first-hand knowledge of the construction/housing developments in that area.

If you look at a current mapquest of St. Joseph, all the houses to the east of 91st Avenue (other than the ones immediately on 91st Ave) are new within the last 10-15 years. Minnesota Street has been re-configured since 1989 as well.

My memory of 91st Ave from "way back when" are: narrow, slightly hilly, dark, dead-end, quiet.

It was me that was questioning Kevin's "existence." Keep in mind that I have been in St. Joseph for 20 years. The local folks I have discussed this case with really are confused by the Kevin story. No one I've talked to knows who he, the girlfriend, or her family is. I will add, however, that not many of them lived here when it happened either, and all the older people that I used to pick the brains of have unfortunately passed away.

I'm not doubting Joy actually did interview Kevin, just was putting it out there that maybe he is undercover (for lack of a better word!)

I have a feeling that his name isn't Kevin. I wonder if anyone remembers a 21 year old kid living behind Kay's Kitchen in 1989?

BTW Shay, I wasn't doubting you, just pondering on how curious it is that he could go undetected in such a small town and have no one recognize him as "Kevin." Odd.

BTW Shay, I wasn't doubting you, just pondering on how curious it is that he could go undetected in such a small town and have no one recognize him as "Kevin." Odd.

In October, there's more college kids from St. Johns and St. Bens that live in the area of Kay's Kitchen than local residents!

And I agree...Kevin might be an alias.

One very simple thing to think about regarding the Hubers and Jared's case....I highly doubt they drove a newer type of Celebrity or Century car like the one described by Jared...much less have any kind of expensive scanner for the time in it. These guys supposedly didn't have a sewer and murdered a guy over 50 bucks. I'm guessing they were not very well off.

One never knows who may have money but they do appear destitute and their coarseness + seemingly lack of intelligence don't mesh with a sophisticated kidnapper. However, their brashness, quickness to anger + violence, and brazen attitude towards LE sure fit the criminal act. I wonder about the 50 bucks + stolen farm parts...sounds like a cover story giving DH an excuse to shoot TL....did DH shoot him for other reasons? Perhaps regarding accusations of DH abducting JW?

Just an observation....840 posts in 15 days on a case that's 25 years old. Amazing :)

One never knows who may have money but they do appear destitute and their coarseness + seemingly lack of intelligence don't mesh with a sophisticated kidnapper. However, their brashness, quickness to anger + violence, and brazen attitude towards LE sure fit the criminal act. I wonder about the 50 bucks + stolen farm parts...sounds like a cover story giving DH an excuse to shoot TL....did DH shoot him for other reasons? Perhaps regarding accusations of DH abducting JW?

Funny u asked, that's exactly what Delbert said at his sentencing hearing

In October, there's more college kids from St. Johns and St. Bens that live in the area of Kay's Kitchen than local residents!

And I agree...Kevin might be an alias.

That's why having local people involved is so important! I wouldn't have thought about the college kid angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann