MN MN - Joshua Guimond, 20, Collegeville, 9 Nov 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read on another site that there is a running path near the farm where Jacob disappeared that leads to the abbey. Is this true?

BBM
Chris Jenkins had been at a Halloween party in downtown Minneapolis, Chris' body was found in the Mississippi River in downtown Minneapolis. He was nowhere near the abby which would be around 100 miles from Minnepolis.

At one time there was a so called witness who said he saw Chris thown off a bridge in Mpls by a man who is in prison for another matter, but when I just went to google that it seems as though it hasn't been proven as fact.

No one knows where Chris was for days/weeks after he disappeared. Nor has there ever been confirmation of exactly WHEN he might have died. A trip of a 100 miles or more is not out of the question by any means. HOWEVER, I am just going by a large number of sources that confirm his scent WAS identified within the abbey. Whether that scent came directly from him, or someone who might have been in close contact with him before or after death, I have no speculation. jmo

what is the story with Chris Jenkins? His scent really was at the abby???????? There is plenty wrong st St. John's for sure. It costs about $40,000/yr to go there and is considered a premier college.

There are a LOT of sources out there about Chris' case, but one of the best ones that covers many of these cases, including both Josh and Chris, is this one:

http://footprintsattheriversedge.blogspot.com/

I am not speaking as a "conspiracy theorist" when I tell you, the Guimond case is one of the biggest cases f cover up for a crime, ever. I am eager to read the book Chris Jenkins' mother wrote. She has a Facebook page too. I would like to learn more aobut her son. Part of me thinks there may be some kind of "ring" in Minnesota and the surrounding states -- a loose network of sadistic, fetish driven perverts who seek young men as their prey. It is possible certain monks from the abbey may have been involved in this. The sheriff, politicians and community have seriously avoided delving deeper into this case -- when pressed, they say it's an "active case;" however, I've noticed throughout the past seven years they have assiduously avoided drawing any attention to it. 95% of the work done to investigate, publicize and finance resources for Josh's case has come from his family and a small group of people resolved to get to the bottom of what happened. The old saying, "You can't fight the system," is apropo for this case -- however, someone on this websleuths has a profoundly true quote as part of their signature -- "All that evil needs to succeed is for good men to do nothing." Amen.

There are a LOT of sources out there about Chris' case, but one of the best ones that covers many of these cases, including both Josh and Chris, is this one:

http://footprintsattheriversedge.blogspot.com/

I read this.

a comment, but I have never heard this, but that doesn't mean anything.

Comment from Chris Jenkins on the above site.

Josh Guimonds' scent and chris Jenkins' scent traced by a bloodhound to the abbey at St. John's University-

6 Disappearances: Coincidence Or Serial Killer?

(The Father of Chris ) Jenkins said a Milwaukee-based bloodhound tracked the scents of two of the missing to the abbey at St. John's University, where Guimond disappeared. Hoover identified Guimond's scent and the scent of Chris Jenkins, who had no known connection to the school.

(For this to be dismissed as meaning nothing , with no further investigation is an outrage )

The tracking dog was named "Hoover" and owned by Penny Bell. A group of people, mainly the sheriff and others initially involved in Josh's disappearance, have declared that Ms. Bell was inappropriately leading the dog. There are many, many people who stand to lose votes, income, business, employment and pride if the decades of nefarious activity within the walls of St. John's is fully exposed. It is like scaling a mountain -- with authorities throwing walls up left and right, dispensing mistruth and spun truth and no truth. The BehindthePineCurtain lists numerous incidences of deceitfulness and deception on the part of the abbey. My feeling is that it seems that the sheriff's dept. has been in some kind of clandestine collusion with the abbey for many, many years. Let's not forget about St. John's amazing football team, rah, rah, rah, sis, boom, bah!! Large numbers of alumni from St. John's in Minnesota politics and other positions of authority. This presents a serious conflict of interest on the part of many who have ignored their responsibility to thoroughly review Josh's disappearance. I have only one comfort -- in the fullness of time, the truth will out. Pride and self interest prevent people from doing the right thing -- at the expense of victims, and justice.

The tracking dog was named "Hoover" and owned by Penny Bell. A group of people, mainly the sheriff and others initially involved in Josh's disappearance, have declared that Ms. Bell was inappropriately leading the dog. There are many, many people who stand to lose votes, income, business, employment and pride if the decades of nefarious activity within the walls of St. John's is fully exposed. It is like scaling a mountain -- with authorities throwing walls up left and right, dispensing mistruth and spun truth and no truth. The BehindthePineCurtain lists numerous incidences of deceitfulness and deception on the part of the abbey. My feeling is that it seems that the sheriff's dept. has been in some kind of clandestine collusion with the abbey for many, many years. Let's not forget about St. John's amazing football team, rah, rah, rah, sis, boom, bah!! Large numbers of alumni from St. John's in Minnesota politics and other positions of authority. This presents a serious conflict of interest on the part of many who have ignored their responsibility to thoroughly review Josh's disappearance. I have only one comfort -- in the fullness of time, the truth will out. Pride and self interest prevent people from doing the right thing -- at the expense of victims, and justice.

I hope you are right. There is SO much money involved. So MUCH!!!! And let's not forget that the greatest source of that money comes from overseas.

I do remember reading about the hair found in Chris' hands and thinking, "
What!!!"

I have read about the priests, but since I am from Greater MN, not much. I never knew about the extent, and I think I am pretty good on looking at news.

I just can't imagine people sending their kids off to those institutions. I wish more people knew about this stuff. especially ones with a lot of money that have no self interest in it.

But I can see loud and clear what you are saying about the MONEY!

I never understood how our society, including law enforcement, could know that sexual abuse was occuring in schools such as St. John's, and just pretend like it wasn't happening or didn't matter.

In researching Josh's disappearance, you will see that in the weeks prior to him vanishing, he was googling such terms as "statute of limitations on sexual abuse at St. John's University."

Evidence in cases like Josh's wind up being circumstantial because the perpetrators are so well versed in their criminal ways, and meticulous in the execution of their evil deeds.

And, as one poster so astutely pointed out, who would have been a better "lure" for a young person than a priest asking for help with something, etc.

To me, the worst offenders are people who abuse their positions of power in order to satisfy their own perverse agendas. And the most horrible thing of all -- other people allow them to do it, with no accountability.

I never understood how our society, including law enforcement, could know that sexual abuse was occuring in schools such as St. John's, and just pretend like it wasn't happening or didn't matter.

In researching Josh's disappearance, you will see that in the weeks prior to him vanishing, he was googling such terms as "statute of limitations on sexual abuse at St. John's University."

Evidence in cases like Josh's wind up being circumstantial because the perpetrators are so well versed in their criminal ways, and meticulous in the execution of their evil deeds.

And, as one poster so astutely pointed out, who would have been a better "lure" for a young person than a priest asking for help with something, etc.

To me, the worst offenders are people who abuse their positions of power in order to satisfy their own perverse agendas. And the most horrible thing of all -- other people allow them to do it, with no accountability.

Wow! I just never paid that much attention to Josh's case. Actually, I only found this website because of Jaycee Dugard. I wanted to see why the perp's wife was such a cipher-no friends ever, apparently.

I am so with you on this ! I hope that this gets busted wide open!

Or another lure could have been his band director.

The band director was a colleague of several monks living at St. John's who were on "supervision" for have committed sexual offenses. How thoroughly has the band director's alibis for the night/morning of Nov. 9 & 10 been checked -- and -- how thoroughly has the relationship between him and the monks with sex offense histories been checked? This is like a complex puzzle with many blanks to fill in, and numerous dots to be connected. With everyone working together, it can be solved -- but with individuals sabatoging, hiding, dodging, denying, twist and spinning information - namely St. John's, the Abbey, the sheriff's dept, etc. -- the puzzle is much more difficult to solve...which doesn't mean we can't solve it, I know we will, it's just going to take a lot longer. Shame on every person who has stood in the way of truth and justice!!

Very interesting profile at this link:

http://www.immelman.us/news/missing-person-joshua-guimond/

Sidebar: Profile of Joshua Guimond’s Abductor

The offender responsible for Joshua Guimond’s disappearance, if foul play is involved, would have the following personal characteristics: above average intelligence; socially competent, with good interpersonal skills; employed in a skilled occupation; high birth-order status (e.g., first-born son); a poor relationship with his father, who humiliated him in childhood; a childhood history of inconsistent discipline; a reliable means of transportation, most likely a late-model car in good condition; and a precipitating situational stress prior to the victim’s disappearance.

The offender would be considerably older than traditional-age college students. He would be very familiar with the college campus from which the victim disappeared; it would be part of his territory, his comfort zone. He likely would be familiar with the schedules of campus buses and security officers and would know whether the campus has surveillance cameras and where they are located.

much more at link

also bringing forth this enlarged map of the campus and the sites of interest from that same link:

http://www.csbsju.edu/Documents/About/MapSJ2010.pdf

The Phantom ... I'm curious if you've discovered if Josh had any connections with St John's or why he'd be googling that topic. I'm just beginning to research St. John's myself. TheBehindThePineCurtain website has some very disturbing info.

Mandy, Josh was a sophomore at St. John's when he disappeared. No one really knows what caused Josh to start doing this research. What did he know, or see, I wonder?

Josh was a law student, wasn't he? I can see him looking into what was going on since there have been lawsuits against the abbey from prior victims of these priests and monks. Or he may have known students who had experiences with them.

Thanks so much for your reply The Phantom. I'm sorry, I had Josh confused with another young man who was missing in Minnesota and later found dead in the river, I believe. His name escapes me at the moment. Clearly there is something very wrong at St John's. To be honest, when following the SFK case I totally passed off any connection with St John's. I came across it again while reading the latest news about Jacob Wetterling. It doesn't feel like just a coincidence anymore and I don't think it should be ignored.

Thanks so much for your reply The Phantom. I'm sorry, I had Josh confused with another young man who was missing in Minnesota and later found dead in the river, I believe. His name escapes me at the moment. Clearly there is something very wrong at St John's. To be honest, when following the SFK case I totally passed off any connection with St John's. I came across it again while reading the latest news about Jacob Wetterling. It doesn't feel like just a coincidence anymore and I don't think it should be ignored.

would that be Chris Jenkins or the boy from the Iron Range-what was his name?

He said something like "oh MY God" into his cell phone. I can't remember his name, but it was within the last couple of years.

I think Brandon Swanson may have said "Oh God" before the call abruptly ended. It made me feel like he either fell into a deep ravine (but are there deep ravines in that area??), or, someone grabbed him.

Josh was in his second year at St. John's. He wanted to be a politician. His family was and is so proud of him.

How come some cases garner so much attention, while others languish? I resent that this case has been (deliberately) mishandled from the beginning by people all of whom had/have conflicts of interest regarding St. John's.

This is unprofessional, unethical, unfair and unjust.

This leaves the family, and those who are willing to get involved, to solve the case. And so, by the grace of God, and in the fullness of time, that's what we'll do. Liars can't hide their lies forever, even with as many enablers as St. John's has.

I think Brandon Swanson may have said "Oh God" before the call abruptly ended. It made me feel like he either fell into a deep ravine (but are there deep ravines in that area??), or, someone grabbed him.

Josh was in his second year at St. John's. He wanted to be a politician. His family was and is so proud of him.

How come some cases garner so much attention, while others languish? I resent that this case has been (deliberately) mishandled from the beginning by people all of whom had/have conflicts of interest regarding St. John's.

This is unprofessional, unethical, unfair and unjust.

This leaves the family, and those who are willing to get involved, to solve the case. And so, by the grace of God, and in the fullness of time, that's what we'll do. Liars can't hide their lies forever, even with as many enablers as St. John's has.

Brandon is from Marshall so it's not him. I'll try to find who it is.

Iron Range church keeps faith for missing St. Thomas student

EVELETH, MINN. - On Easters past, Dan Zamlen loved to serve mass at Resurrection Catholic Church in this Iron Range town.

But Sunday, church members gathered to say prayers for Zamlen, who has been missing for more than a week. The University of St. Thomas freshman was walking along the Mississippi River bluffs in St. Paul when he disappeared in the early morning hours of April 5.

Zamlen was last heard from early Sunday. He had been on the phone with a friend when he said, "Oh, my God. Where are you? Help." And then the phone went dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong