MN MN - Joshua Guimond, 20, Collegeville, 9 Nov 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re Dan Zamlen-Are we to believe that "nothing" happened!!!!

Zamlen was intelligent, down-to-earth and “just the most caring person ever,” St. Thomas first-year Audette said. He met Zamlen the first day of school, and they became pretty close friends.

They were running buddies, and Audette laughed as he told the story of the time they ran to the Capitol and decided to check out the Republican National Convention but got lost and ended up running for three and a half hours.

EVELETH, MINN. - On Easters past, Dan Zamlen loved to serve mass at Resurrection Catholic Church in this Iron Range town.

Thanks Human ... it was Chris Jenkins who I was thinking of when I got him confused with Josh. Phantom makes very good points about why some cases get all the publicity and others like Josh's receive so little. All I can do is read & research here with all of you here. I don't know if it will make a difference but I'm willing to try. I just can't get St John's out of my head. The idea there's been some kinda coverup going on just makes me feel ill.

Thanks Human ... it was Chris Jenkins who I was thinking of when I got him confused with Josh. Phantom makes very good points about why some cases get all the publicity and others like Josh's receive so little. All I can do is read & research here with all of you here. I don't know if it will make a difference but I'm willing to try. I just can't get St John's out of my head. The idea there's been some kinda coverup going on just makes me feel ill.

I'm with you on St. John's. Now I wonder if we need to add St. Thomas, another really expensive school.

Well, we know that there are numerous, documented cases of abuse at St. John's. The troubling part is that every time a new victim steps forward, the abbey/school will deny the allegation, and then when confronted with some kind of evidence (basically when they're forced to), the abbey/school will then acknowledge that they knew about the history of the perpetrator. So my stance is, if the abbey and school are willing to continually lie and decieve about these issues, what else do they know that they are not revealing about Joshua? I am certain they know something, but it is up to us to follow the trail and assemble the puzzle pieces. I had always hoped that someone at the abbey or university would have a change of heart over the years and come forward. That may still happen, but in the meantime, so much damage has been done, so much anguish and sorrow has basically ruined the lives of the Guimond family. That is just not right, and it is not fair. But you know what's even worse? THIS SCHOOL/ABBEY IS NEVER HELD ACCOUNTABLE -- NOT BY ANY AGENCY, EVER!!! They have been give carte blanche throughout the years to do as they please, by both the Catholic church and by local, state and federal officials. There is a file full of "rejection letters" from all kinds of investigative agencies that say, "I'm sorry, this is not under our jurisdiction, we cannot help you." Explain to me again how a person without money or power finds justice in our country?

Actually, the opposite thought has always intrigued me on these cases. When one thinks of what kind of person all of these smart, accomplished, athletic young men would have trusted enough as a stranger to easily get into a car with when offered help.....who better than a priest? This is even more likely than a LE type person offering help, because these young men would have balked at that, for fear of getting in trouble due to being drunk. BUT, if a priest offered help or a ride home.....who would think to question their good intentions? The other thing that connects this possibility is that the young men are found in water.....a connection to cleansing and baptism and saving of their souls. This is just a weird theory of mine, but the fact that Chris Jenkin's scent was also found by dogs in the abby, as was Josh's----when Chris had no association with that place or St. John's....well, that is just too hinky to be ignored.

jmoo
jmo

I apologize for not reading the entire thread before I posted. Raeann made the connection I was trying to remember between Chris, St John's & Josh. It makes sense there would be no sign of an abduction if Josh went willingly with someone (priest or professor) he was familiar with. I agree it all leads back to St John's.

I feel terrible for Josh's parents. They deserve answers. I'm sure I first read about his disappearance when I was following the theory about the SFK. I can't agree with all I've read about that theory but there could be something else going on here resulting in the deaths/disappearances of several young men.

The Catholic Church is guilty of covering up a multitude of abuse cases. For that reason it's easy for me to believe St John's has many secrets to hide. It's even more disturbing law enformement officials refuse to intervene. I remember clearly when Jacob Wetterling went missing. Josh's name came up while I was reading the latest on his case. I have a 26 yr old son myself, perhaps that's why Josh's case gets to me. I'll keep reading & looking for more information. No family should be denied justice and I'm sorry Josh's parents have suffered so much for so long.

add Dan Zamlen. His parents think LE botched the job as well.

Any abuse at St. Thomas?

Does Dan Zamlan have a thread on WS or a website to provide further information ? I'm still new & finding my way around the site so sorry if I missed something.

o/t I am familiar with the Iron Range as we vacationed in NE Minn many summers.

I intend to stay focused on Josh but there are a few similarities here which reminded me of Jonathan Lacina, the Iowa State student who went missing in January & was later found dead, ruled as no foul play involved. It may just be me but I think Josh & Jon not only had similar builds, they resemble one another.

I intend to stay focused on Josh but there are a few similarities here which reminded me of Jonathan Lacina, the Iowa State student who went missing in January & was later found dead, ruled as no foul play involved. It may just be me but I think Josh & Jon not only had similar builds, they resemble one another.

I think Dan may resemble them as well. There is info about him here on WS.

All thoughts, comments, analysis is more than welcomed. You can also communicate with the Guimond family advocate, Carrie Henson. Her email address is listed in one of the posts on the Guimond board. She can help answer questions and bring you up to date on the case. The more people keep asking questions and pressing for answers, the more nervous certain other parties become -- because I am sure their most fervent hope was that Joshua would be quietly forgotten. And he would have been, save for about a dozen people, including his family.

St John's response to Josh's family beginning their march for Josh on campus was not only unreasonable (considering the circumstances) but heartless as well. I will continue to read the family's website. It's good to know they (or their rep) are so willing to answer questions. I would never want to cause the family any more grief than they've already had to live with.

Is the band director referred to in this thread the same one who has been named as a POI in the Jacob Wetterling case ?

Yes, he is Mandy. If the band director was involved in Jacob's disappearance, and that's a big "if," I think it might be possible that he may have been in collusion with another person -- someone closely affiliated with the abbey. As Professor Immelman has pointed out -- three abductions (Jacob, Jared, Joshua-- the perp raped Jared but let him go) within such a close radius defies probability for it being a "coincidence."

I've started reading over the information compiled on the Immelman website. I agree there is too much here to just call it a coincidence. It makes perfect sense that the man who abducted Jared is the same one who abducted Jacob. From what I've read the crimes of the repeat offenders tend to escalate. One interesting note from a news article I read about Jared was the detail he mentioned about being driven around by the abductor and he did have some awareness of his whereabouts. Apparently at the time, investigators also drove him around and he did point out a light in an area he thought was familiar. It didn't say where this was located but it would be really interesting to know that location. I'm sorry I didn't save the link. I'll go back & find it if you like.

One of the reasons the band director interested me was the fact he would seem to be comfortable on college campuses and also have reason to do some traveling in the midwest. I'm certainly not reaching any conclusions yet, but I can't ignore he's been named as a POI in Jacob's abduction and the close proximity to Josh's disappearance.

I'll keep reading. Thanks for all the links.

Mandy, thank you for your time and attention to this case. I am most grateful and I know the Guimonds would be too.

As a lapsed Catholic, it infuriates me to no end how these pedophile priests are coddled. I do not understand how the Catholic hierarchy seems to shield these wanton perverts. After ONE concrete, verifiable offense they should all have been instantly defrocked and handed over to the authorities.:banghead:

I am looking at this through the eyes of a parent. Fortunately my children are safe & healthy. I can't imagine the constant pain the parent of a missing or murdered child must live with each day. I'll do whatever little I can if there's a chance it helps.

BTW ... I found the link to the article where Jared recounts his abduction. Wanted to add it ... I'm trying to do all this the right way.

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=63324

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member