MN - Justine Damond, 40, fatally shot by Minneapolis LE, 15 July 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that the cyclist has come forward we can get a much better idea of what did and did not happen. It has taken him a few days to come forward......he would have been panicking about coming forward and getting involved - but it is good that he has.
At least now Officer Matthew Harrity isn't standing on his own, this cyclist can now shed some light on what happened.

The Mayor was holding a press conference and some protestors came in and I am listening to it...this city has some deep problems....way more than police. She can't continue and radio feed gone due to language. She is nominating the asst. chief to be the chief.

Just watched the press c onference and wow all I can say is Amen Brother!

They have stopped broadcasting now. Is it still going?

Wow, that was amazing! Big problems in Minneapolis.

They have stopped broadcasting now. Is it still going?

morrisa...no I can't get anything...what link are you watching it at ...alll i got was radio stream

For those who weren't watching live

Hodges was reading a statement about the departure of Chief Janee (juh-NAY’) Harteau (har-TOH’) when a small group of protesters walked in and disrupted the event Friday night. They waved signs with the phrases “Messy Betsy” and “You are next” on them and chanted “Bye-bye Betsy.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...53480672286_story.html?utm_term=.45d3c2287a83

For those who weren't watching live

Hodges was reading a statement about the departure of Chief Janee (juh-NAY’) Harteau (har-TOH’) when a small group of protesters walked in and disrupted the event Friday night. They waved signs with the phrases “Messy Betsy” and “You are next” on them and chanted “Bye-bye Betsy.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...53480672286_story.html?utm_term=.45d3c2287a83

"mistaken shooting"

This is what I was watching.....

ABC News‏Verified account @abcnews [video=twitter;888571267862876163]https://twitter.com/abcnews/status/888571267862876163[/video]More

'Bye Bye Betsy': Minneapolis mayor faces calls to resign at extraordinary press conference interrupted by protesters

'Bye Bye Betsy': Minneapolis mayor faces calls to resign
Protesters interrupt Betsy Hodges' press conference, where she announces the replacement for sacked police chief Janee Harteau in the wake of Justine Damond's shooting death. @abcnews

0 replies0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

Direct message

Mayor's press conference has resumed. I wonder how they got rid of the protesters. They're probably marching down Interstate 35W right now.

How many others have noticed what the Mayor said........Minneapolis Police Chief Harteau says she agreed to resign following the mistaken shooting of a 911 caller.

Grammieto5 - you have noticed to too.

Protests erupt at Minneapolis mayor's press conference announcing police chief resignation

The presser quickly turned into a back and forth debate with a protester who was in attendance.

“We do not want you as the mayor," a man said to Hodges. "We do not want you as the mayor of Minneapolis! You have been ineffective. We do not want you as the mayor, Betsy Hodges!”
Hodges initially attempted to engage the protester, saying she would be “happy to sit down and talk with people about the future of policing in Minneapolis.” But the protester continued to yell while others in attendance joined the dialogue.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/2...ollowing-fatal-shooting-australian-woman.html

How many others have noticed what the Mayor said........Minneapolis Police Chief Harteau says she agreed to resign following the mistaken shooting of a 911 caller.

Grammieto5 - you have noticed to too.

Mistaken shooting? What in the world does that even mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500