MN MN - LeeAnna Warner, 5, Chisholm, 14 June 2003

I'm sure the stress is unbelievable. They say that when a couple loses a child, they often break-up because of the blaming, guilt and just different, incompatible ways people grieve. In some ways I'm sure this is even more stressful, the not knowing (thank God, I have never been in either situation, so I don't know...).

I was so surprised to find this article today. I do a "google" on Leanna's name every day, and there is never anything at all. It is so frustrating and sad that day after day goes by with no mention of this girl's name in the news. It's like everyone has just accepted that she is gone.

I'm sorry but I have ZERO respect for Montel Williams to support some fruit cake on his show FOR RATINGS at the expense of grieving parents of a still at large, innocent kidnapped and presumed dead child!!!!!! How about a spokesperson for missing and endangered children, A WELL KNOWN INVESTIGATOR that agrees to take on this case, information that may help them, guide them, support them, comfort them. But instead he hires some QUACK to play God?! I'd rather see a minister who is their to give them hope and prayer for support

Yet as sad and disturbing as this story is and how tragic I feel for these parents to lose their 5yr. old..I have heard/seen SQUAT from these parents up till now and finally I hear about them using their time to talk to some NUT?

With all due respect...PUTTING HER PICTURE, DRIVING HER DISAPPEARNCE IN THE NEWS...EXCAVATING that suicidal's pediphile neighbor's home...tracing and retracing every step, contact, friend, family he ever knew to the time he died to find traces of their baby. PUTTING HER FACE AND STORY IN THE HEADLINES NATIONALLY, GLOBALLY would be a much better use of their time.

Phsycics no nothing. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to atleast "assume" this neighbor could have been involved and she is somewhere local. I don't mean to be insensitive. It makes me cry to just imagine the parent's conversations....

This whole case is too tragic for words. It makes me angry. VERY ANGRY at the arse hole police dept. who HAVE SAID AND DONE SQUAT. We hear about this neighbor and STILL SQUAT 4months later. She could be under his house for all we know. But for some reason don't think those twit cops will make any effort as..."she may be innocently lost for all they know".

Ok, I just over reacted (again). Sorry. I do grieve with these parents and how tragic to hear some goof tell them what they probably already know in the name of "crystal ball".

I react out of grief for this little girl and huge frustration for not hearing/seeing anything on her. I don't mean to make it worse for the parents and feel my prior post was too harsh.

But I do have zilch respect for the police for not helping more. And Montel can join the ranks of FLUFF BS HOLLYWOOD GARBAGE for all I care...meaningless hog wash..not journalistic, substance media.

Perhaps he is trying to trail the footprint of John Walsh in an attempt to turn his soap opera fluff show to a show of substance.... geared for information, support and encouragement.

Here's an article that says authorities are draining a lake to look for evidence in Leanna's case:

http://www.virginiamn.com/placed/index.php?sect_rank=1&story_id=154581

I agree with you Bailey regarding Montel Williams. In this article, Chris Warner says that he and his wife were obviously extremely upset after what Sylvia Brown told them regarding Leanna, and they were basically rushed out of the building and sent home after the taping, with no one to talk to or answer questions for them. That is dispicable.

I agree, it's the parents who are the ones that determine if they will speak for their missing children.

It does seem that money helps, because you can rent billboards, radio spots, etc and get the word out.

My hinky meter went off immediately with this case. Maybe the parents know more than they are telling. They may not know who took their child, but maybe they left her home alone or something and don't want to tell. The reason I state that is when I investigated child abuse hotlines, I found out quickly that parents 'forget' to tell investigators what really happened. They'll leave out details.

For example- one of my cases had a little boy who was 3 and burned so badly he's disfigured. His mom took him to the hospital and it was determined that macaroni noodles were burned into his skin. Well, this "mom" had left him alone with his 7 year old sister and they decided to fix a snack. "mom" failed to report that she left these two kids alone for over 5 hours. So, those kids were placed in foster care until she could get her act together.

What I'm saying is that I feel the parents are failing to report that they some how may have erred.

Leaving small kids home alone is common, dangerous and sometimes deadly.

Thank you for that reminder, River. It is so easy to tell yourself "well, I'll only be gone 10 minutes, what can happen?." Well, alot of really bad things can happen in 10 minutes. But what if you are involved in a traffic accident or something else unexpected happens? 10 minutes can turn into hours. I needed that reminder myself. That is one of the reason I am so thankful for this forum - it keeps me vigilent.

Julie

I live in the Twin Cities, haven't heard anything lately about Leanne. The crime occurred in small town American, the parents/community weren't weatlthy. My guess it that these two factors are contributing to the lack of publicity about the case. Patty Wetterling, a nationally known speaker/advocate for missing children, is from MN. It would seem to me that it would be beneficial if she were to emphasize this case.

People live differently on MInnesota's Iron Range. Chisholm. a town of 2,000, was considered a safe place, a working class environment, sort of like Garrison Keillor's Lake Wobegon. It's a place where people felt safe letting kids go alone from one house to another. If Leanne were missing, parents undoubtably, would think she was at a neighbor's home. I believe the parents were doing what everyone else in the community did, and I can't fault them for this. Times, however, have changed, and people are realizing that crime just doesn't occur in cities and that Lake Wobegon is no more.

Originally posted by Juliana
Here's an article that says authorities are draining a lake to look for evidence in Leanna's case:

http://www.virginiamn.com/placed/index.php?sect_rank=1&story_id=154581

I agree with you Bailey regarding Montel Williams. In this article, Chris Warner says that he and his wife were obviously extremely upset after what Sylvia Brown told them regarding Leanna, and they were basically rushed out of the building and sent home after the taping, with no one to talk to or answer questions for them. That is dispicable.

The same thing occurred with the Audrey Herron story (see her thread in the Missing forum too), they did Montel with Sylvia to try and find answers, the one's she gave broke their hearts and left them confused and gave me a lesson about the heart's of these people desperately searching. I don't know that Sylvia is doing much good in these cases.

I wonder if the Mom here has been taking tranquilizers to try and sleep and cope. Her reaction and the emotional distance between her and her husband, seems to point to that. I've had a bit of experience there. If so, they need to get her weaned off of them, she needs to have a clear head now and weeks from now.

http://www.kstp.com/article/view/123798/

This article says that footprints believed to be Leanna's were found around the lake. They are going to lower the lake level soon to see if they can find Leanna. I don't remember reading about these footprints before.

Why are they just now searching the lake if they found footprints believed to be Leanna's?

My question is why did they never question the suicide ped more than once...HE LIVED 2 DOORS DOWN. Now he's dead and the only comment is ...'THEY WANTED TO QUESTION HIM FURTHER BUT NEVER GOT TO IT...??

Does this not sound so much like the Ashley Pond nuts. I think even the common Joe's first thought was the NEIGHBORS. The way these folk's parade their children alone on the streets it doesn't take a full loaf to think a neighbor finally took advantage.

Does anyone remember the name of the lake which Leanna visited with her mom the afternoon she disappeared? The authorities are draining Longyear Lake and I'm wondering if it is the same lake. I can't find any news articles.

I wondered the same thing. Everyone stated on this board early on...why havent they checked the lake where the Mom stayed the day? It did say the lake in question was Chislom if that helps. I think that is the town they live in so it may be a local lake.

I'm not sure what they expect to find 4months later anyway? If she is in there she could be next to nothing by decompisation by now. This happened in the summer so don't think there would be much left.

This is so frustrating the cops don't reveal more on WHAT THEY HAVE FOUND OUT..searching that sob's house, truck...footprints? I am a strong believer that police should NOT w/hold evidence to the public as the public can pick things up and help more than a few cops who's time is divided amongst other things...like parking tickets. Let's face it...a handful of cops is NOT as efficient as the world wide web....

Just revealing tid bits about what THEY HAVE FOUND or is suspicious could trigger the memory of a neighbor, someone that was visiting that w/end for the concert...or even across the nation remembering someone strange who made a comment about being in that exact area around that time? They could put 2 and 2 together that he may be invovledf?

I tried to post the link again. If it is not working, paste this in the browser. I don't know what the heck I'm doing.

I have been messing with this for 45 min. You can go to the site and find your way around from there. Something on here HAS to work!!!!!

This one works.

www.detectivetalk.com

GO IN THIS ORDER

www.detectivetalk.com

Click here to go to our main message boards

Missing Persons / Kidnappings

Leanna 'Beaner' Warner

Chris is signed in as GUEST ON page one he is the 7th post down. Aug/26/2003
His email is after he introduces himself.

A friend emailed him but did not get a reply yet. We think with all that is happening lately he may not have access to a computer.

Susie from Texas please be patient, I am still under construction.:dance:

GO IN THIS ORDER

www.detectivetalk.com

Click here to go to our main message boards

Missing Persons / Kidnappings

Leanna 'Beaner' Warner

Chris is signed in as GUEST ON page one he is the 7th post down. Aug/26/2003
His email is after he introduces himself.

A friend emailed him but did not get a reply yet. We think with all that is happening lately he may not have access to a computer.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back