Found Deceased MN - Madeline Jane Kingsbury, 26, mother of 2, Winona, 31 Mar 2023 *arrest* #2

Hoping we may see some action between now and June 6th. IMO the special prosecutor was brought in to review the case and advise on a no body prosecution. It seems without some cooperation, Maddi is not going to be found. That’s my frustration at the moment speaking.
AF should be doing some squirming between now & then. IMO Not cooperating won't look good. Does AF work? Have seen nothing in regards to a job.

Father of missing Madeline Kingsbury shares message on her birthday​

On Kingsbury's 27th birthday, her father said he is known for singing happy birthday to everyone in their family, and he wasn't going to miss that today.

Finding Madeline Kingsbury

This is heartbreaking. :(
I hope you get your daughter back soon and justice.

Light the way home for Madeline Kingsbury​

WINONA, Minn. (KTTC) – Wednesday marks two months since Madeline Kingsbury went missing on March 31, and Madeline’s birthday is also on Thursday, June 1.

Friends and family are aiming to light up the community with blue to light the way home. To show support for Madeline and her family, place a blue light on the porch or tie a blue ribbon around a tree.

Blue lights are available at the Winona Riverport Inn. You can take one or several to distribute to friends, neighbors, or family. So far, more than 1,200 blue lights have been given out all over Winona.

There are also awareness baskets placed in various locations across Winona, Houston, and Filmore counties.

“Keep putting her name and her face out there anything you can think of, as far as tips the crime stoppers line is still up and running. I know tips are still coming in. we just ask that if you have any information please come forward, you have the option to do it anonymously,” sister Megan Kingsbury said.

The Facebook page dedicated to finding Maddi says volunteers will be conducting a search along the Mississippi River shorelines in Minnesota and Wisconsin on Saturday, June 3. The search won't involve the water as "law enforcement and other volunteer groups have been actively searching the river."

1685742957930.png

Jenni Tuschner, who installed blue lights on the front of her South Baker Street residence Thursday, said people in her life follow the case closely and discuss it daily.

“Something just doesn’t feel right. And she needs to be found,” Tuschner said. “And the lights mean that there’s still hope out there.”

The color blue was chosen because it’s Kingsbury’s favorite color and has become associated with Kingsbury disappearance.

Blue ribbons were also tied up around Winona Thursday night by volunteers, organized by Kingsbury’s sorority sisters.

Samantha Hermanson, who was placing ribbons around Winona, said the goal was to turn Winona blue for both Kingsbury's birthday and to show Kingsbury’s family, who were scheduled to arrive in town soon for next week’s custody trial over her children, that Winona stands with them.

Businesses along East 3rd Street have signs on their windows with Kingsbury's name and a brief description, including when and where she was last seen.

One of the businesses is Red Wing Tattoo where Kingsbury is a client.

The tattoo shop has had signs outside its windows since she went missing.

Owner Zephyr Morason says Kingsbury was scheduled for an appointment a few days ago. She tells News 8 Now her disappearance is having an impact.

Sad, I wonder what kind of tattoo Maddie was going to get?

MOO wondering if the police are waiting for the child custody hearing before making an arrest. If they do have a person of interest, getting them on the stand can only benefit their case. Kind of a gift really, IMO.
I'm curious how that would work in light of what's stated in the attached article.

FRAVEL, ADAM TAYLOR Court Room 2 06/05/2023 9:00 AM Leahy, Mary C. Pre-trial Father 85-JV-23-57
Fravel, EJ Court Room 2 06/05/2023 9:00 AM Leahy, Mary C. Pre-trial Child (Family/Juv) 85-JV-23-57
Fravel, NL Court Room 2 06/05/2023 9:00 AM Leahy, Mary C. Pre-trial Child (Family/Juv) 85-JV-23-57

Another pre-trial hearing is listed on the court calendar for Monday, 6/5. I edited the kids names to initals for privacy and the Kingsbury's and Madeline are also listed.

I'm curious how that would work in light of what's stated in the attached article.

All MOO-

Sorry, I meant to say trial rather than hearing.

The article says in court the judge and attys acknowledge AF is being “investigated for Maddi’s disappearance.” At the child custody trial, he is almost certainly going to be on the stand and since the safety of the children is at stake, there is going to be questioning regarding the home environment, relationship status, etc. Since nobody knows what the police already know (I.e. the redacted documents) it’s going to be a mighty dance on the stand to not say the wrong thing.

Everyone knows when you’re close to a (potential) crime of this magnitude, it’s best to have a lawyer and not talk to the police. Getting up on the stand under the threat of perjuring yourself when you don’t even know what info the police already have is a ballsy move. Again, all MOO. I realize the police have not named a suspect, I’m basing my thoughts on the article acknowledging he’s being investigated.

All MOO-

Sorry, I meant to say trial rather than hearing.

The article says in court the judge and attys acknowledge AF is being “investigated for Maddi’s disappearance.” At the child custody trial, he is almost certainly going to be on the stand and since the safety of the children is at stake, there is going to be questioning regarding the home environment, relationship status, etc. Since nobody knows what the police already know (I.e. the redacted documents) it’s going to be a mighty dance on the stand to not say the wrong thing.

Everyone knows when you’re close to a (potential) crime of this magnitude, it’s best to have a lawyer and not talk to the police. Getting up on the stand under the threat of perjuring yourself when you don’t even know what info the police already have is a ballsy move. Again, all MOO. I realize the police have not named a suspect, I’m basing my thoughts on the article acknowledging he’s being investigated.
I'm not a lawyer, nor well versed in these type of matters. But I'm thinking about his right not to incriminate himself in answering certain questions, related to Maddi's disappearance. Couldn't he just plead the fifth if questions strayed into what his attorney perceived as dangerous territory?

Fravel has had enough time to perfect his timeline of events to prevent a slip-up, further- Maddi's not here to dispute anything he says. He's a ballsy kind of guy, IMO. We'll see what, if anything, comes of the pre-trial hearing on Monday.

I'm not a lawyer, nor well versed in these type of matters. But I'm thinking about his right not to incriminate himself in answering certain questions, related to Maddi's disappearance. Couldn't he just plead the fifth if questions strayed into what his attorney perceived as dangerous territory?

Fravel has had enough time to perfect his timeline of events to prevent a slip-up, further- Maddi's not here to dispute anything he says. He's a ballsy kind of guy, IMO. We'll see what, if anything, comes of the pre-trial hearing on Monday.

I’m not a lawyer and don’t know much about child custody disputes either so I could be way off track here.

I guess I’m thinking more of circumstantial questions not directly related to Maddi’s disappearance, but related to their relationship and day to day life. I.e. have the 2 of you ever argued, has it ever gotten physical, have the kids ever witnessed arguments, have you ever used drugs, have you ever made threatening comments, were you guys in the process of breaking up, etc. Things like that don’t directly have to do with her disappearance, but does pertain to someone’s suitability to care for kids, and it provides circumstantial information that could aid in the missing person investigation for Maddi. Again, totally MOO!

The Facebook page dedicated to finding Maddi says volunteers will be conducting a search along the Mississippi River shorelines in Minnesota and Wisconsin on Saturday, June 3. The search won't involve the water as "law enforcement and other volunteer groups have been actively searching the river."

Why have they not searched the Root river? And I just learned tonight that not too far from Winona in Fillmore County, there are sinkholes. People have been throwing junk in them for years. The town is Fountain, MN., it's referred to as the "Sinkhole Capital !" What if she was thrown in one. They would never find her. <modsnip: not victim friendly>

Last edited by a moderator:
MOO wondering if the police are waiting for the child custody hearing before making an arrest. If they do have a person of interest, getting them on the stand can only benefit their case. Kind of a gift really, IMO.
My thoughts exactly!! There would be no question of where he would be at a given time!!! Cynic me thinks that would be a wonderfully perfect time for that to happen.

Why have they not searched the Root river? And I just learned tonight that not too far from Winona in Fillmore County, there are sinkholes. People have been throwing junk in them for years. The town is Fountain, MN., it's referred to as the "Sinkhole Capital !".

People have searched the Root River. In April the area was searched and in May teams of kayakers went down the river. Similarly sink hole areas have been searched. Many of the sink holes are already known and mapped, and there was a public call to report any sink holes or springs to local officials.

It is my understanding these searches are continuing by volunteers, family, friends, and LE. They are searching the Mississippi River shoreline now because water levels have recently gone down making it safer for searchers.

You can see links regarding these items in previous posts and in MSM. The Finding Madeline Kingsbury Facebook page is where organized searches are announced.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back