GUILTY MN - Nicole Beecroft for murder of newborn, Oakdale, 10 April 2007

Someone somewhere else made a good point, IMO. What if she was raped? It has been said she probably knew who the father was, but that doesn't have to be her boyfriend.
Even if she was raped she did not have the 'right' to do this to an innocent baby. Don't even try to tell me I am sticking up for her. With what she did, that would be impossible.
But if this child was conceived through rape, possibly violent, to me that would be an explanation of her behaviour. Again: it would not be an excuse.

She definately wasn't raped! She was a cold blooded murderer!
The father was her boyfriend. She has shown no emotion at all & calls the baby "IT"!!!

I don't mean to be a simpleton here but it truly sounds to me as though the girl has some mental health issues. I suppose Post Partum Psychosis (which is way worse than Post Partum Depression) is a possibility. If PPP can be proven and she gets a good attorney, she might get off fairly lightly.

I just can't imagine 135 wounds on an infant and wonder if the ME didn't confuse some exit wounds as entrance wounds. Newborns can cry, did the baby not cry out? And once she admitted to LE that she had given birth, did she not think they would search for the body and then know she had murdered her own child?

I don't mean to be a simpleton here but it truly sounds to me as though the girl has some mental health issues. I suppose Post Partum Psychosis (which is way worse than Post Partum Depression) is a possibility. If PPP can be proven and she gets a good attorney, she might get off fairly lightly.

I just can't imagine 135 wounds on an infant and wonder if the ME didn't confuse some exit wounds as entrance wounds. Newborns can cry, did the baby not cry out? And once she admitted to LE that she had given birth, did she not think they would search for the body and then know she had murdered her own child?

To date she has never acknowledged the fact she had a baby. She told LE that she never went to work or school because she'd had a stomach ache. According to her family members.... LE drilled her, to admit she had a baby & it was ok that she never went to work & school she'd just had a baby. She told LE she never had a baby! At no point has she admitted to having the baby. She did admit to being pregnant at one point in time but said she had miscarried.

!st reports stated 100 stab wounds but the autopsy said 135. She has a court appointed lawyer. From what I understand she refuses to tell anyone if the baby cried or not. Nobody in the family knew she was pregnant.

Her Mom can't say anything about the baby because Nikki gets so ugly with her. Sounds like she is a insolant spoiled brat.

You're not being a simpleton! Of course this child has mental health issues! As I stated in an earlier post, PPP can occur immediately after giving birth.

I had not read before what Cheko1 just posted, so it does make me wonder. Is this girl an "insolent spoiled brat" who is smart enough to not even admit she had a baby or does she truly have "mental health issues"? I've known alot of spoiled brats but not one that could stab a baby 135 times and then act as if nothing had happened. I haven't read how LE got the tip in the first place. Did she tell someone she gave birth and threw the baby in the trash or did she call in the tip herself?

I had not read before what Cheko1 just posted, so it does make me wonder. Is this girl an "insolent spoiled brat" who is smart enough to not even admit she had a baby or does she truly have "mental health issues"? I've known alot of spoiled brats but not one that could stab a baby 135 times and then act as if nothing had happened. I haven't read how LE got the tip in the first place. Did she tell someone she gave birth and threw the baby in the trash or did she call in the tip herself?

Possibly she did suffer from PPP as southcitymom has stated.
What I've written is not on the net to read. I know a close friend of the family...Her Mom said, LE ruled out many things because of Nikki's attitude. She was adament she never had the baby / never knew nothing about it. LE couldn't break her & she had to of known she was pregnant because she had EPT tests in her house, but stated they were negative. She wasn't a big girl as some have described & not that overweight.

Insanity defense may not fly in this case. She is being held on a 1 million dollar bond. The murder was horrific & she never shed a tear, no remorse / no nothing / possibly hostility for her Mom. The Dad of Nikki had went to the house yrs ago & had a gun & was going to kill them all. So maybe the defense will be insanity / using the Dad as an example.

She had the baby on the laundry room floor. But told LE it was from a previous miscarriage. I'm not certain how the call to 911 came about but will try to find out. I want to know too. I'll try to post it later tonight. Her poor Mom is devastated.....

What a whack job. She had 9 months to come up with some plan. If she went to school I'm sure she had access to the internet and could have found resources without telling anyone. Who would keep a knife in the laundry room. Doesn't it sound like she planned to kill her after she was born? Like it was premeditated just a little?

I'm typing this nursing my 2 month old baby boy. Looking at him as any other than perfect is beyond me. Who knows what the hell went on in her head. I don't understand people. I really don't....If you look at her booking picture it's as if she seems miffed to be there or scared. I don't see the red faced crying mess that I would be.

Possibly she did suffer from PPP as southcitymom has stated.
What I've written is not on the net to read. I know a close friend of the family...Her Mom said, LE ruled out many things because of Nikki's attitude. She was adament she never had the baby / never knew nothing about it. LE couldn't break her & she had to of known she was pregnant because she had EPT tests in her house, but stated they were negative. She wasn't a big girl as some have described & not that overweight.

Insanity defense may not fly in this case. She is being held on a 1 million dollar bond. The murder was horrific & she never shed a tear, no remorse / no nothing / possibly hostility for her Mom. The Dad of Nikki had went to the house yrs ago & had a gun & was going to kill them all. So maybe the defense will be insanity / using the Dad as an example.

She had the baby on the laundry room floor. But told LE it was from a previous miscarriage. I'm not certain how the call to 911 came about but will try to find out. I want to know too. I'll try to post it later tonight. Her poor Mom is devastated.....

It is very sad, cheko1, but everything I have read leads me to believe that this young girl suffers from some sort of mental illness. Heartbreaking for everyone, regardless of the "whys." My prayers to everyone harmed by this tragedy.

Just to update everyone I was unable to get ahold of my friend tonight to see if she knew who called LE. She works tomorrow but she'll return my call when she returns home.

What a whack job. She had 9 months to come up with some plan. If she went to school I'm sure she had access to the internet and could have found resources without telling anyone. Who would keep a knife in the laundry room. Doesn't it sound like she planned to kill her after she was born? Like it was premeditated just a little?

I'm typing this nursing my 2 month old baby boy. Looking at him as any other than perfect is beyond me. Who knows what the hell went on in her head. I don't understand people. I really don't....If you look at her booking picture it's as if she seems miffed to be there or scared. I don't see the red faced crying mess that I would be.

Welcome to WS mammasweets!
Yes she definately had plenty of time to make a plan. She could of given the baby up for adoption. My gosh plenty of people are willing to pay lots of money to get a baby. In Mn they have a law you can drop a baby off at the hospital up to 3 days after birth & your never questioned. She only lived a few miles from the hospital.

My understanding is she was mad because she never wanted to go to jail & expected her Mom to pay the 1 million bail. She needed to go get her nails done! Mom never had the money & Nikki threw a complete tizzy fit. She hasn't shed a tear.....my son knows a LE who was on duty & at the scene. Sounds like LE feels it was premeditated too.

Congratulations on your baby boy!

It is very sad, cheko1, but everything I have read leads me to believe that this young girl suffers from some sort of mental illness. Heartbreaking for everyone, regardless of the "whys." My prayers to everyone harmed by this tragedy.

I don't doubt she suffers from mental illness. She knew right from wrong & only cared about herself. It is very heartbreaking. The babies Dad is suffering the worst.

LE says premeditation. She admitted to knowing about the 3 day law to drop a baby at the hospital & never being questioned. She did a massive over kill then threw it away in the garbage. With that law the defense is really going to have its work cut out for them.

I don't doubt she suffers from mental illness. She knew right from wrong & only cared about herself. It is very heartbreaking. The babies Dad is suffering the worst.

LE says premeditation. She admitted to knowing about the 3 day law to drop a baby at the hospital & never being questioned. She did a massive over kill then threw it away in the garbage. With that law the defense is really going to have its work cut out for them.

But how is she caring about herself and selfishly taking care of herself by stabbing the baby so many times and throwing the baby away? The selfish only caring about herself course of action would be to take advantage of the 3-day law and get on with her life, never to be bothered by the baby again. The mentally ill course of action would be to do what she did and end up in prison and ruin the rest of her life.

I am interested to hear more about what law enforcement finds out.

Welcome to WS mammasweets!
Yes she definately had plenty of time to make a plan. She could of given the baby up for adoption. My gosh plenty of people are willing to pay lots of money to get a baby. In Mn they have a law you can drop a baby off at the hospital up to 3 days after birth & your never questioned. She only lived a few miles from the hospital.

My understanding is she was mad because she never wanted to go to jail & expected her Mom to pay the 1 million bail. She needed to go get her nails done! Mom never had the money & Nikki threw a complete tizzy fit. She hasn't shed a tear.....my son knows a LE who was on duty & at the scene. Sounds like LE feels it was premeditated too.

Congratulations on your baby boy!

Thanks so much for the warm welcome. I've been coming here for 2 years and feel like I know you all already.

It just burns my biscuits since I have 4 children (all boys) and would welcome another if it meant stopping something like this from happening. Keep us posted. Or tell me where I can find her so she can suffer the same fate.:D

She stabbed that poor child 135 times, threw the baby in the trash, and then has the gall to be upset because her mother couldn't post the 1 million dollar bail! Someone needs to bail her out, turn her over a knee and give her 135 busts across the behind. I'll bet she'd shed a tear or two then!

Kellee,
Even that's too good for her. She should be locked up for life.

But how is she caring about herself and selfishly taking care of herself by stabbing the baby so many times and throwing the baby away? The selfish only caring about herself course of action would be to take advantage of the 3-day law and get on with her life, never to be bothered by the baby again. The mentally ill course of action would be to do what she did and end up in prison and ruin the rest of her life.

She'd of been totally unselfish to give the baby away & let the baby have a chance to live.

What she did was mentally ill your correct.....she deserves to spend the rest of her life in jail. Killing the baby was brutal & she deserves her fate at the hands of a jury.

Thanks so much for the warm welcome. I've been coming here for 2 years and feel like I know you all already.

It just burns my biscuits since I have 4 children (all boys) and would welcome another if it meant stopping something like this from happening. Keep us posted. Or tell me where I can find her so she can suffer the same fate.:D

You'd probably have to stand in line & take a number to get at her.

Kellee,
Even that's too good for her. She should be locked up for life.

She'll probably end up getting life!

I've got my friend working on getting the info about who made the 911 call. Will post it as soon as she tells me.

She'd of been totally unselfish to give the baby away & let the baby have a chance to live.

What she did was mentally ill your correct.....she deserves to spend the rest of her life in jail. Killing the baby was brutal & she deserves her fate at the hands of a jury.

I don't doubt she'll spend some real time in jail or a psychiatric unit. My only point was that she's mentally ill, not evil. Her mental illness has led to ruin of her own life and the lives of others. Very sad.

Appeal in baby's death heard in Washington County

By JIM ANDERSON, Star Tribune
Last update: February 19, 2010 - 9:25 PM

Nicole Beecroft, sentenced to life in prison in 2008 for the stabbing death of her newborn baby, was back in Washington County District Court on Friday, seeking to have new evidence reviewed in her appeal.
Washington County District Judge Mary Hannon -- who decided the case after Beecroft waived her right to a jury trial -- ruled in December 2008 that Beecroft had planned the baby's death and lied to investigators. Hannon found Beecroft guilty of first-degree murder and sentenced her to life in prison without parole.

more here

http://www.startribune.com/local/east/84823952.html?elr=KArks:DCiUHc3E7_V_nDaycUiacyKUUr

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie
Back