Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
And the jury saw this same video?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

They sure did. It was horrible.

Everyone started out calm, then the officer suddenly freaked out.

Yep. Not really shocked but outraged and sad. I couldn't even open this thread until now. I've been devastated.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

that is how I was a couple of days ago I don't even wanna talk about it

it has haunted me - so I decided I need to find out what their nonsense was

repulsive

Zero surprise. I don't know why anyone is surprised. The police in this country are not about law enforcement. They are a group of people who operate above the law and do whatever they want, with almost total immunity. They pull people over and search their cars without warrants, in violation of the Fourth Amendment. They beat, torture, and kill men, women, children, and 99% of the time they are not even charged. This is just more empowerment for them to continue doing it, and they will. Nothing ever changes in this country. :mad:

oh I was surprised/ I thought I had the wrong case in my head for a minute

IMI there is no doubt if the exact same thing happened and their skin color was white he would not be dead.

It is not OK IMO

what did they not prove

he not only killed him once he shot like he was being assaulting by a team of 8

he firing away and their is a child 5 feet away

on the cop can you can clearly hear him asking to see the stuff -- people can not wish things out of their pocket

it takes a movement- he complied and is now 6 feet under

the cop was mentally unstable 15 seconds after - he clearly needed a day off or something

he is obviously not emotionally prepared to be a cop --

This is a very scary country we live in, and it is not because of criminals. No other country in the world would allow this type of thing to happen. :mad:

“Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men, even when they exercise influence and not authority; still more when you superadd the tendency of the certainty of corruption by authority.” - Lord Acton

Apparently some federal officials were assessing the verdict on Friday, so they might still bring federal charges against Yanez.

I'm embarrassed to even be an American these days. :mad:

[video=youtube;jpAmK_G8Ffs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpAmK_G8Ffs[/video]

3202d77f.gif

The officer who fatally shot Philando Castile during a traffic stop last year told investigators that the smell of "burnt marijuana" in Castile's car made him believe his life was in danger.

"I thought, I was gonna die," Officer Jeronimo Yanez told investigators from the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension fifteen hours after the shooting. "And I thought if he’s, if he has the, the guts and the audacity to smoke marijuana in front of the five year old girl and risk her lungs and risk her life by giving her secondhand smoke and the front seat passenger doing the same thing then what, what care does he give about me. And, I let off the rounds and then after the rounds were off, the little girls was screaming."

EYESR_zps1dff9e53.gif

Washington Post

No way federal charges will be brought. It would have to be charged as a "hate crime" or a "civil rights" issue. There is no way they will bring charges under those circumstances-- they can't prove either. OJY has no history of that, and there is no evidence from the crime scene to support that. Federal charges are a pipe dream, and even more so because the verdict from the state case IS admissible.

I hope OJY pursues some civil lawsuits. The first one being against the Governor, as representative of the State of MN in his comments.

3202d77f.gif

The officer who fatally shot Philando Castile during a traffic stop last year told investigators that the smell of "burnt marijuana" in Castile's car made him believe his life was in danger.

"I thought, I was gonna die," Officer Jeronimo Yanez told investigators from the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension fifteen hours after the shooting. "And I thought if he’s, if he has the, the guts and the audacity to smoke marijuana in front of the five year old girl and risk her lungs and risk her life by giving her secondhand smoke and the front seat passenger doing the same thing then what, what care does he give about me. And, I let off the rounds and then after the rounds were off, the little girls was screaming."

EYESR_zps1dff9e53.gif

Washington Post

Yeah, this makes perfect sense!

The other day, I was at the beach. And there was this lady, and she didn't put any sunblock on her kid, and I was sitting right next to her, and I realized that since she doesn't care about whether her kid gets skin cancer, she clearly doesn't care about ME. Who knows what she could have done to me! My life was in danger, so I killed her. I mean, what else to do?

3202d77f.gif

EYESR_zps1dff9e53.gif

Washington Post

That's... not how marijuana works though and as an officer he should know that. Cigarettes are FAR more dangerous to the lungs of a child but I promise you if he'd seen cigarettes, he wouldn't be saying this.

Yeah, this makes perfect sense!

The other day, I was at the beach. And there was this lady, and she didn't put any sunblock on her kid, and I was sitting right next to her, and I realized that since she doesn't care about whether her kid gets skin cancer, she clearly doesn't care about ME. Who knows what she could have done to me! My life was in danger, so I killed her. I mean, what else to do?

I almost got mad at you then I choked.

I'm embarrassed to even be an American these days. :mad:

[video=youtube;jpAmK_G8Ffs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpAmK_G8Ffs[/video]

Yeah, that's her, probably after the shock wore off. She sure looks like she didn't care at all that her boyfriend was shot, doesn't she?

And right now, this isn't about her or her reaction. I'm talking about Philando and what happened to him.

Obviously she has serious issues, since she later attacked someone with a hammer. I'm not saying she's a wonderful person and I hope that she, unlike Officer Yanez, is punished for what she did.

But just maybe she was enraged by the total lack of empathy from some people and maybe she was sick of hearing her boyfriend called horrible names like the N word in an attempt to dehumanize him and hearing that he deserved to die repeatedly when he was going out of his way to be polite and compliant. I know I'm getting sick of reading comments like that and I'm white and I didn't know Philando personally. I can only imagine that it's a hundred times worse if you did know him or if he was family.His only mistake was not immediately responding to a hysterical police officer's sudden crazed mood swing.

From what I can tell, the pot smell didn't make a difference because Yanez remained calm when he first approached the vehicle. I think what caused Yanez to freak out was the preconceived notion that he was dealing with an armed robber.

If people want to claim that it's the simple fact that Philando had a gun on him that he was legally authorized to carry, I don't see how shooting him is not a violation of his civil rights.

I'm convinced that there's absolutely nothing Philando could have done right to please these naysayers.

If Philando hadn't reported that he had a gun and the police officer had seen it while he was reaching for his ID and shot him, these same people would be saying that he was obviously up to no good because he didn't immediately inform the officer that he had a weapon on him.

IMO, that turn of events would have even made a much stronger case in favor of Yanez.

No way federal charges will be brought. It would have to be charged as a "hate crime" or a "civil rights" issue. There is no way they will bring charges under those circumstances-- they can't prove either. OJY has no history of that, and there is no evidence from the crime scene to support that. Federal charges are a pipe dream, and even more so because the verdict from the state case IS admissible.

I hope OJY pursues some civil lawsuits. The first one being against the Governor, as representative of the State of MN in his comments.

Of course you do.

Anyway, I could see it filed as a violation of Philando's civil rights. He was licensed to carry the firearm and the officer pulled him over, not only for the busted taillight, but because he thought he resembled an armed robber.

Yanez should have followed police procedure for a high risk traffic stop if he was that concerned "he was going to die" because he saw a black man reach towards his pocket after he asked him to get his ID. He went from calm to hysterical in less than three seconds. He barely gave Philando time to react to his orders before he fired seven shots into his car.

Let me also point out that Philando had his seatbelt on and he was reaching around into his pocket. Diamond later stated that his seatbelt was getting in his way and he was kind of tangled in it. Could he have even untangled himself from that awkward position fast enough to please Officer Yanez before he started shooting? Maybe he did want to put both his hands up, but he couldn't do it fast enough.

IMO no federal charges.
1. According to federal reports, only 4 percent of civil rights complaints against police officers have been prosecuted since 1995.
2. Federal civil rights charges: No discrimination against a person because of their race, color, gender. Yanez has no history of discrimination. He is Hispanic.

This is a very scary country we live in, and it is not because of criminals. No other country in the world would allow this type of thing to happen. :mad:

“Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men, even when they exercise influence and not authority; still more when you superadd the tendency of the certainty of corruption by authority.” - Lord Acton

There are plenty of countries where these things happen. Maybe not with guns or maybe with guns, There are middle eastern, African, perhaps Russia, and so on

There are plenty of countries where these things happen. Maybe not with guns or maybe with guns, There are middle eastern, African, perhaps Russia, and so on

If you have a specific example of a LEO in any other country going berserk and escalating a minor issue (like a burned out car tail light) to the point of killing the citizen in front of his girlfriend and child, and then getting away with it, I would love to hear about it. I believe the US is the only country this can happen in.

Theoretically any person in any country could be murdered by a LEO, but I believe the US is the only country they can do it on video and get off scot-free. Googling it myself, some of the countries with the highest levels of police violence, would be the Philippines, El Salvador, and Kenya. The problem in Kenya is extremely disturbing, but even it doesn't compare the the random violence Americans are subject to by the police. And yes the police in Kenya deal with all the same problems American cops deal with from dangerous gangs to terrorism, but there is no published reports of Kenyan police killing anybody over a burned out taillight, and when the police there do kill innocent people, the government does convict them.

There is no other country in the world where police can and do kill innocent people (even young children) over absolutely nothing, and most Americans are perfectly happy to find them not guilty, no matter how bizarre the killing is. It doesn't matter how many innocent citizens have to die, as long as LEOs are safe. :facepalm:

Again if I'm wrong, and you have examples of this happening in other countries, I'd like to hear about it. But I don't think it does happen in any other country.

IMO no federal charges.
1. According to federal reports, only 4 percent of civil rights complaints against police officers have been prosecuted since 1995.
2. Federal civil rights charges: No discrimination against a person because of their race, color, gender. Yanez has no history of discrimination. He is Hispanic.

I agree that everything i've read today indicates that it isn't likely.

I will be sickened, however, if Yanez starts pursuing a bunch of civil lawsuits against the governor and the State for rightfully calling him out for his irresponsible and negligent actions like someone else on this thread was talking about. If he does that, I'm putting him at the same level of as George Zimmerman.

If Yanez has any sense, he should be very sorry that he freaked out and shot someone he probably didn't need to shoot and thankful that he didn't get convicted of manslaughter because people are reluctant to view the police, (even the cowardly ones who were operating under noticeable bias, like him) as wrong.

He would also be drawing attention to the fact that the police department "let him go" and exactly why they did so.

This is sort of interesting. I bet they were praying that he was somehow connected to that armed robbery.

On July 7th, 2016, just one day after Diamond Reynolds streamed video of a police officer shooting and killing her boyfriend, Philando Castile, the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension began working to obtain records from Reynolds’s phone. The BCA, which was in charge of investigating Castile’s death, submitted a preservation request to Facebook for Reynolds’ accounts, and obtained a search warrant one day later. The BCA also served a search warrant on Sprint for Reynold’s cell phone records.
BCA took things one step further—they ordered Facebook and Sprint not to tell Reynolds that investigators intended to rifle through her accounts.
Facebook opposed the gag order and, after weeks of discussion between the BCA and a lawyer at Facebook, the warrant was rescinded altogether.

http://gizmodo.com/after-philando-castiles-death-investigators-tried-to-s-1796335848

This is sort of interesting. I bet they were praying that he was somehow connected to that armed robbery.

It feels SO bad in my heart that they immediately began investigating a victim of their own actions :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ciamor
Back