GUILTY MO - Angie Housman, 9, kidnapped, held then murdered, St Louis, 18 Nov 1993

Maybe you should call???!!

I am not comfortable in calling anyone, let alone LE........unless they ask me to after receiving a email from me........i sent the email, so they could answer when time permitted, i guess that time has not come about..........I wont be sending again.
There probably not interested in what someone from a sleuthing site has to say about an on going investigation, with them being the professionals.
Its strange though, on many cases, such as this, they always are asking for the public's help in solving a case, and yet when one try's to help, they get no response.
So why even bother in asking, or if they are looking for just something particular from the public, then ask for that information......

add on...
the lack of a direct communication with LE, is the biggest problem one has while trying to help on a case, without the connection, theirs really no one else whom would be in a position to verify anything.........no one to let one know what path he or she may be on with there information.
we can post theories all day, but unless someone connected directly to the case responds, we don't know if anything connects or not.......were just tossing horseshoes and hoping for a ringer.

I agree with you MrT, apparently LE is too busy tasering 72 year old grandmothers to care about missing people..

they will listen one day!
i keep seeing her tied to a tree, when i revisit this thread.
It will be solved, one way or the other, with or without LE help!
I just don't understand why they cant simple visit this thread, when they have time, and let us know if anything may apply, or be used to open up a different path, then the one they have been traveling down.
If they have already, then just let us know, we are not asking for much here.

Has anyone else gotten a chance to see the sketch of the man seen in the area around the time Angie was murdered? My stepdad got a book about crimes in and around St.Louis and it included a picture of the sketch. I'll post it as soon as I find the memory card I saved a copy of it to.

Has anyone else gotten a chance to see the sketch of the man seen in the area around the time Angie was murdered? My stepdad got a book about crimes in and around St.Louis and it included a picture of the sketch. I'll post it as soon as I find the memory card I saved a copy of it to.

any luck in finding that photo?.....and if that book had angies home address at the time, plus where she was found exactly, that information would be wonderful to know........thanks................

Its going to be 16 years this fall, and still nothing!.....but as long as persons continue to view and study this case, eventually will get something...........WE ARE GOING TO SOLVE THIS ONE DAY!!!!!!!........sooner then later!!

Sure, we may not have access to LE files, crime scene photos etc......we may not have any direct communications with LE.......that's fine, we will supply that tip, that information they need to solve this...........its coming!!

OT....every time i go outside, I always think about Angie when i see a tree.......i think about her all excited , about going out to the country that day, and how much she looked forward to it when she got home......she got off the bus, and got into a vehicle with someone whom pretended to be a friend to this 9 year old girl.....instead of a friend, he was a ........a monster.............:mad:...........images, keep playing over and over in my mind, her excitement turned to fear......... she trying to understand what was going on, at the age of 9!!!!!!!!!!!

It was someone in the community, and it may have been someone whom did live in the country, i remember reading somewhere, she mention that to a teacher i believe it was, but not for certain, that she was going out to the country with a friend...........i wish we knew what else she may had said to that teacher about that so called friend......i wish that teacher was on this board, this thread and could tell us what she remembered..what she told the police etc..............he was waiting right there, when she got off the bus.......got off the bus, and went right to him........i bet this person lived no more then a hour away, from where he left her.....took her out there, early in the morning, so no one would see him, then left and went home and waited, waited till they found her, so he could watch it develop on TV.....sicko!!.................
all that DNA, and no match......had a big conference with LE from around the world........and nothing helped........
to keep her a week, he may had lived alone, without neighbors close by to bother him....maybe a shed shack or one of those private dungeons some perverts have built..........does anyone back then, remember being paid, to build a basement or additional room, underground, like a new room, addition.......that could have been used for confinements i wondered!!

forgot to add.........ALL MOO, NOTHING FACTUAL OR FOR CERTAIN, ALL SPECULATION AND ASSUMPTIONS ON MY PART.

:confused:

Still waiting for renewed interest from local press, news media on a national or local level to bring this case back in the spot light.

Dont bother sending email with questions to LE, you wont get a response.

anyone living in the area at this time on here, whom can en-lighten us with some information?
anything, on the current investigation?
TIA

add on...
I just sent a email, to a reporter at a st.Louis newspaper asking for help in getting this cold case warm again.
ill post anything i can, if i get a reply.

Hello.
I was skimming through the net for cases about the Angie Housman Murder after watching the news and the mention of Jean Benet Ramsey. Once they said that name, Angie's face popped into mind and the year it happened in the community I still live in.
I came across this forum thread and after seeing the comments you had to say, I got one of my own.
I remember the day when they lowered that American flag half way down the pole at Buder Elementary School when the news strangled us all. I was in the third grade if I remember correctly. She was one year older than me, and she rode the same bus I did.
I can still remember(being twenty one now) the crayon and colored pencil fragrance in the school hall ways and the words traveling around the school from student to student, and teacher to teacher about Angie. I only have a second image glimpse of her face in the corner of my peripheral vision while riding the bus as a memory when she was still alive. I do, however, remember the funeral. Being only eight years old I still knew the pain and sorrow her mother must have been going through, and may very well still be going through. I went to the funeral as a matter of respect, and being a part of the
immediate community. I wanted only to see Angie's face for memories sake and to say good bye to a person my age who's chance to live and grow up was brutally ruined by some...well, the insult I'm thinking of is an understatement. A word can not possibly be uttered from my lips strong enough to kill the person who murdered Angie and murder by words is all I believe I can ever do. Her murder was only on the news for a week or so, but that Ramsey case was on for a long time, and is strangely still being talked about on the news today. How come they don't mention Angie anymore. Have they forgotten? I still haven't and never will, especially after seeing the overwhelming sorrow on Angie's mother's face, forget about it. A tear wants to squeeze its way out of my eye just thinking about it, still. That look on her face...so heart breaking. That funeral was like a kristallnaucht from all the hearts breaking, and her mothers heart took the prize for the loudest shatter.

It's a damn shame, that's what it is. A funeral for a child is different. It's an inexplicable shame when we have to see child in a coffin, and think about what she/he went through after knowing what happened.
At least they found her. That's the only thing that calms me down when I think about that time and Angie's mother. A barely knew that family but I have the respect for them. Being eight year's old I still understood it. We were about to leave the funeral and I had forgotten one important thing. I stopped, turned around, and made my way back up to the coffin where Angie lay. Her face was placid and calm and she was at piece. Her arms were crossed over her chest as if she was sleeping. I said one word, with my big innocent brown eyes tearing up. "Bye." Do you think it's weird to have such feelings for somebody you barely know when your that young?
They also have a tree up there at Buder in memory of Angie Housman. I have not been up there in about half of a year. The last time I visited was when I wanted to see one of my teacher's again.
After seeing Angie's picture it then makes my heart bleed when I imagine what she could have grown up to be. A nurse, a model, an actress, a writer, a dancer, a singer, or anything. Anything. That's one good innocent person taken from us in this tainted world. That's one more child to add to the list of hundreds of kidnappings and murders. I'm a twenty one year old man and I'm sitting here right now crying just thinking about it. I barely knew Angie Housman when this happened and have no chance of knowing her now. Perhaps, maybe, I don't have the right to talk about Angie because I didn't know her. I knew of her. But I don't care. It's still one of the biggest shames that has dug itself into my sub conscience over these last thirteen years and I'm compelled to let people know about it, and to hope that her mother knows about this site. Perhaps, she may have gotten over it. In any case, this is for her, even though I don't know her at all. Even though I don't know them, I still love them.

In memory of Angie Housman.

Later...

Wow. Your post was beautiful. Especially coming from a 21 year old man.
Thank u for sharing.
I don't know what else to say...
So sad....
And i'm pretty sure her mom has not "gotten over it"....she probably never will. :(
I'm sure she would appreciate the words you wrote.

I haven't and won't forget about Angie. It's the one case that sticks in my mind. I lived in St. Ann at the time she was abducted with a youngster of my own. Those were tense times. I lived just a half mile from the family and drove right past their duplex routinely on my way to work in Olivette. I remember that bus stop quite well. I remember detectives coming by and asking if we had seen anything suspicious in the area around the time she disappeared.

I believe they have DNA evidence and the technology for creating better signatures is advancing rapidly. The CODIS database continues to grow as well. I can only hope that this perp is still alive and eventually we get a match. The one troubling matter with this case is that this may have been an individual with a history of sexual assault, pedophila, etc, but not necessarily a cold-blooded killer. I say this because I'm not convinced he intended for Angie to die. He may have left her bound at Busch Wildlife Area with the thought that she would be found relatively quickly, but not so quickly that he couldn't first flee the St. Louis area, which may have been the case if just pushed her out of his car. He left her in an area very close to a place that was frequented by people and left her belongings there as well. It may be that this perp had never committed an actual murder before this or since, hence his ability to fly under the radar both criminally and forensically.

with the situation going on in Washington state, with the killer whom walked away from the state fair.. Can someone in MO find out if the state hospitals there, for the criminal insane, have a similar policy, in allowing those whom have been found not guilty by reason of insanity, had been released during a re-integration period, back around the time Angie was murdered.. it would have been during the re-integration period, when the hospital started to believe the patience, was no longer becoming a threat to themselves or to the general public, and they started to re-integrate this individual back into society as was being done with Paul out in Washington state......
ITS just another possible, a new path perhaps to at least look at, on this cold case, and since we have plenty of DNA from Angie, to match with someone whom so far has not been match with anyone, i want to know, if there may be a patience, we can compare that DNA with, without running into a doctor patience privilege situation, that would prevent that comparison.
there is one more case, i am interested in asking the same question, and im going to do that now after bumping this one.

For those on this post....I know that the Angie Housman case is getting a fresh review right now! If you have any new information to add, please go ahead and post it, even if it seems trivial.

Maybe I am missing something. A man confessed to her murder on his death bed and what became of that??? Did the police just blow it off?

Daisy1975...where did you hear that a man confessed to her murder on his death bed? I don't remember reading anything about that. Are you sure it was Angie's murder? What was the man's name?

Daisy1975...where did you hear that a man confessed to her murder on his death bed? I don't remember reading anything about that. Are you sure it was Angie's murder? What was the man's name?

LEAD SURFACES IN HOUSMAN KILLING - DEATHBED CONFESSION TO NURSE COULD BE BREAKTHROUGH

St. Louis Post-Dispatch - Thursday, November 20, 1997
Author: Bill Bryan ; Of The Post-Dispatch ; 1997, St. Louis Post-Dispatch

You can read it all in post 91 thanks to UMAN.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back