GUILTY MO - Caleb Lundgren for child abuse, Linn Creek, 2010

My personal philosophy is that when a child is here, we celebrate that child, for better or worse. We do what we can to keep her safe. We deal with the reality for that one child. The reality for this little girl seems to be that she is improving. That is cause for great celebration.

Helping children means work...on both the big scale and the human scale. It means lots of letters to legislators, voting, researching best practice, speaking up, volunteering, sitting on boring non-profit and school boards, being a "reading buddy", getting your background check to do relief child care, or just being available to sit on the porch and listen and laugh.

Anything done for a child with kindness and a caring heart will never be forgotten.

bbm- I might feel sorry for that puppy, but I wouldn't breed him nor leave him alone with my child. And if he attacked someone I would put him down, plain and simple.

Oh, I want him put down. Why he is what he is, doesn't change what he is.
But, he is a product of his environment and IMO he was a victim. That all changed when he became an abuser.
I can't explain how I feel. I feel sorry for the hand he was dealt in life, but it doesn't excuse what he did.

This child has already gone through the unthinkable. I hope she survives and can be led to a feeling of safety. I think so many demons that people try to escape are either from fear or lonliness. I know that the physical and emotional abuses I experienced in my childhood, left me with a lot of both.
Some you never get over, you lrarn to coincide with them.

This is a million dollar topic and if only there was one answer there sure would be a remedy.

Many variables are true and I agree with both Kbl and MissIzzy.
It is true that if a child has known only abuse from early on - that child is more then likely going to become an abuser, because of all the rage that exists in them, and because of all the times they felt helpless against the adult.
But if there was one person who did show that child love, compassion, and understanding it is very possible that child may have very deep feeling of understanding how that may feel and not want to do anything to harm anyone.

It is also true that Choices one makes to heal - are the most powerful of all.

Then there is also the question of chemistry...Yes it does play a part in the human spirit. As I know for sure, mental imbalance is now showing up on my ex husbands side of the family in many of the cousins.

IT IS NOT FAIR to diagnose anyone unless you have met them. It is fair to use the knowledge you have from past to express your view BUT NOT AS absolute. because one variation can change the entire scenario.
It is not fair to defend abusers, as they are sick and they do not know better, they need to be re mended somewhere where they can not harm anyone.
It it is not fair to project anything because of a persons personal experience because it is not one fix fits all.

When it comes to mental illness, and or abusers there is NO one fix fits all.
There are only variations. and the sick need to be re mended where they can not longer harm another person.
JMHO

Having said all of this my parents were concentration camp survivors and their idea of love was to be exceedingly strict, o course, we did not get that it is love, of course, we felt abuse. and of course my parents have already suffered enough (May they RIP) so again that is another scenario different but still part of how we all view abuse, love, insane etc......

Well said. ITA

thanks for kind words mz iz :).

but i mean what are we saying here, lets take this case individually. are we saying that this 2 month old girl, who cant even crawl, let alone walk or talk, is ruined cause of the scum that has been around her since before she was born? i cannot think that way. i refuse to think that way. lets say she makes a full physical recovery. lets pray she has someone there to lift her up emotionally.....

hugs

Of course she's not ruined.
I'm not thinking too clearly tonight. Young children who are abused long term often develop attachment disorders. If this baby makes it and is cared for and loved from this point on, there's no reason for anyone to think she's predestined to follow in her father's footsteps.
I'm not expressing myself too well tonight, this link explains what I'm trying to say.

http://www.childtrauma.org/CTAMATERIALS/AttCar4_03_v2.pdf

Casenet gives his address in Mack's Creek. The true crime story said his mother Alice was born and raised in Mack's Creek.

Of course she's not ruined.
I'm not thinking too clearly tonight. Young children who are abused long term often develop attachment disorders. If this baby makes it and is cared for and loved from this point on, there's no reason for anyone to think she's predestined to follow in her father's footsteps.
I'm not expressing myself too well tonight, this link explains what I'm trying to say.

http://www.childtrauma.org/CTAMATERIALS/AttCar4_03_v2.pdf

I don't personally think that most people who are abused as children going on to be abusers. Being abused changes everyone, in ways that are both identifiable and in ways we will never even know about because it changes who you are and who you become by scarring you emotionally and imprinting you with trust issues.

But I think there is a HUGE difference between acknowledging that most abusers have been victims and jumping to the conclusion that most victims will become abusers.

I don't personally think that most people who are abused as children going on to be abusers. Being abused changes everyone, in ways that are both identifiable and in ways we will never even know about because it changes who you are and who you become by scarring you emotionally and imprinting you with trust issues.

But I think there is a HUGE difference between acknowledging that most abusers have been victims and jumping to the conclusion that most victims will become abusers.

You said exactly what I was thinking, but couldn't put into words.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back