MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they left after #5 left--he said they were alive after he left after midnight--but by then the snowstorm was moving in, so they didn't actually leave but went back to the family room where they had been watching tv/playing video games while JW passed out on the living room couch. From the photos, the door to the backyard patio is in the family room.

Why they left to go outside into the backyard is the unknown question. While JW was friends with several of them from high school, I seriously doubt he is a recreational drug user. I remember when I was in college not far from Kansas City and I never dared to try drugs because if I got caught, I would be expelled from college and my father would have been very angry. To this day neither me nor my spouse has ever tried weed but I have smelled it, and it stinks. Recreational weed didn't become legal in Missouri until Dec. 22, 2022.

I believe the three men used weed not purchased from a legal dispensary and it was laced with something extremely toxic. That--on top of whatever alcohol they consumed at the sports bar and in the home, plus the extremely cold weather--led to their tragic deaths.

JMO

So, you can believe that the other 3 are occasional drug users, but not JW?

I can buy that JW was unaware his friends were dead in the back yard but if cause of death is laced illegal drugs then I could imagine JW trying to avoid criminal charges and so could be lying to avoid being charged.

I can absolutely see this as the most plausible scenario, yet we still don’t know enough, IMO.

If the cause is indeed illegal drugs laced with something even more deadly, we still don’t know how those drugs were acquired.

It could be JW who provided it, but it also could be the 5th man, or even one of the three who died. If it is one of the three then we may never know who was the source of the drugs.

I do wonder along with everyone that if JW knew nothing about it, and did not provide any drugs, does he bear any culpability for hosting this party in which his friends did these drugs, IF they did?

JMO

I can absolutely see this as the most plausible scenario, yet we still don’t know enough, IMO.

If the cause is indeed illegal drugs laced with something even more deadly, we still don’t know how those drugs were acquired.

It could be JW who provided it, but it also could be the 5th man, or even one of the three who died. If it is one of the three then we may never know who was the source of the drugs.

I do wonder along with everyone that if JW knew nothing about it, and did not provide any drugs, does he bear any culpability for hosting this party in which his friends did these drugs, IF they did?

JMO
JMO, but I don't think he could form intent if he had no knowledge. But his behavior afterwards, to me, indicates he knows a great deal more than he's saying.

20 Minutes of Door Pounding?
One male family member pounded on the door for 20 minutes shortly before the fiancee got no answer at the door and eventually broke into the home.
@GoBuckeyes
I recall reading this ^ (almost verbatim) in the first day or two of MSM coverage of these tragic deaths. IIRC MSM article quoted multiple posts of two FB'ers' pages, so who knows about accuracy of the stated "20 minutes."

For anyone knocking on door in these circumstances, even 60 sec's could seem like hours, but I doubt it was clocked w a stop watch.
Not saying anyone (ETA: FB post) deliberately exaggerated.

But if resident was running a fan or white noise device & wore noise cancelling headphones (also was listening to music, playing vid game, as his atty said (I think he said), then door knocking or pounding may not have registered w resident. IDK.
imo

Last edited:
The last article that I read specified that he's a data scientist who works for a company that develops HIV treatments, among others.
Willis is an accomplished scientist, whose research into COVID and HIV has been praised in the medical world. In interviews, he described his two pit-bull mixes - Sadie and Daisy, as the 'light of his life'.

According to an interview that Willis gave to the International AIDS Vaccine Initiative's website in 2022, he is the senior principal scientist at the IAVI Neutralizing Antibody Center in Kansas City.

Willis said in the interview that he conducts data analysis and interpretation for the IAVI's HIV vaccine trials. He also compared the search for an effective HIV vaccine to Covid-19 vaccine research.

I've not been able to keep up with this thread for a few days - so regrets if this article already was posted. In one of the pictures posted at link, one of the victims appears to be wearing an Apple Watch. I've said it before, the electronics are going to be an important factor in this case, besides of course, the autopsy and toxicology results. Imo, it's unfortunately, some type of substance abuse, idk. Hoping the families get answers. Suspect that not much will be revealed or reported, unless it was malicious, which would be hard to prove, but, again the electronics may play a key role to determine something? again, idk, jmo.

A fifth friend who was at the gathering has also come forward and said that when he left Willis’ home around midnight Sunday, all four were alive and watching “Jeopardy!”

Police confirmed that Willis allowed officers to search his home.

Clayton McGeeney, 36; Ricky Johnson, 38; and David Harrington, 37, were reportedly found by one of the victim's fiancée the night of Jan. 9.

"I'm not looking for anyone's head or anything, but my cousin was frozen to the dirt for two days," Alan McGeeney, Clayton's cousin, told KCTV," a family member of one of the victims told CBS affiliate KCTV. "It's gotten a lot of attention from everyone having questions but not a lot of attention from anyone having any action; it just seems strange."

John Picerno, an attorney of Willis, told CBS News that his client went to sleep after his friends left his house and doesn't know what happened afterward.

"Jordan had absolutely nothing to do with their deaths. He does not know the timing or manner of their deaths, nor does he know how or when they exited his house," the attorney, John Picerno, said in a statement to CBS News. "He had no knowledge that they remained in his backyard or that they needed medical attention. Had he known, he certainly would have called for help. The last time he saw them was when they left his house, and he went to bed."

@GoBuckeyes
I recall reading this ^ (almost verbatim) in the first day or two of MSM coverage of these tragic deaths. IIRC MSM article quoted multiple posts of two FB'ers' pages, so who knows about accuracy of the stated "20 minutes."

For anyone knocking on door in these circumstances, even 60 sec's could seem like hours, but I doubt it was clocked w a stop watch.
Not saying anyone deliberately exaggerated.

But if resident was running a fan or white noise device & wore noise cancelling headphones (also was listening to music, playing vid game, as his atty said (I think he said), then door knocking or pounding may not have registered. IDK.
imo
how about the text messages he was sent?

Why is this case getting so much <modsnip> coverage? Cases with an obvious lack of foul play seem to get more attention than genuine murder cases these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
If they all had ingested a drug that had been laced with a lethal substance, I think they all would have ended up dead. We still don't know what the ME has determined.

JMO
Their deaths could have been from being unconscious in freezing temps. Fentanyl can cause unconsciousness. Other person could have survived from passing out indoors.

@GoBuckeyes

Not saying anyone deliberately exaggerated.

But if resident was running a fan or white noise device & wore noise cancelling headphones (also was listening to music, playing vid game, as his atty said (I think he said), then door knocking or pounding may not have registered w resident. IDK.
imo
You could be right about the white noise, etc. It's just strange that immediately after someone inside his home (at that point) is calling his name, he responds to LE's knocking.

I actually thought by their saying absolutely no evidence of foul play and NOT being investigated as a homicide SO early and so adamantly before the cause of death had been found, that they were saying that to throw a killer off the trail.
I could see that. If that's the case, I wish they could somehow convey it to the lawyer that the one family has hired, even if in a subtle round about way. I know they probably couldn't though.

Like a crime in progress!
When is it Legal to Search Your Home In Missouri?
A search warrant is required if a law enforcement officer wants to search your home and property. However, it is legal for law enforcement agents to search your Missouri home without a search warrant in the following situations:

You freely give your consent without being tricked or coerced into it. You should note that the police officer is under no obligation to inform you that you have the right to refuse a search
If police officers observe illegal activity or illegal objects in plain view
If you are arrested for a crime, police officers have the legal authority to search your property without a warrant for evidence or protect themselves if they believe there are weapons in or on the property
Suppose the police believe that evidence is being destroyed, that the suspect is attempting to flee, or that someone is being injured. In those cases, the need for a search warrant may be neglected since the risk of losing evidence outweighs it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500