MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the link for the home sale showing sold 2021, pictures are 3 years old. In the pictures you can see doogie/kiddy gates all through the house. I think the doggie door door is in the large room with red concrete floor which I think is no longer the garage. The home being sold in 2021 seems to have had some changes. Me thinks.

Jmo

The basement and top floor layout are proving difficult for me to figure out, but I think I've mostly figured out the ground floor layout.

Not to scale and may have some errors, but I think it's mostly correct.

The area I'm most unsure of is the area around the stairs. The toilet seems to sit under the main stairs and over the stairs down to the basement. The laundry seems to be accessed through the toilet:

ground floor.jpg

At the link for the home sale showing sold 2021, pictures are 3 years old. In the pictures you can see doogie/kiddy gates all through the house. I think the doggie door door is in the large room with red concrete floor which I think is no longer the garage. The home being sold in 2021 seems to have had some changes. Me thinks.

Jmo
Not very important, but I am fairly certain the red floor is the basement.

The amount of times I’ve had to find things for the men in my life that were sitting in plain sight is astounding. It really would not shock me at all if he didn’t notice a thing. We don’t know if there’s blinds on those windows now, we really don’t know anything.

I think we should remind ourselves that we have no proof of foul play yet and that accusations against him without any foundation could have severe and dire consequences.

The police do not suspect JW of any foul play. So I'm wondering why this is even a debate? He didn't see them through any window, big or small, sliding or fixed. IMO.
FWIW, I don’t recall LE ever reporting that he didn’t see them outside.
Also, it’s not unusual for LE to not believe everything someone tells them.
Is there a link stating they definitely concluded that ? Maybe my memory is just failing me, which would come as no surprise these days, lol.

The amount of times I’ve had to find things for the men in my life that were sitting in plain sight is astounding. It really would not shock me at all if he didn’t notice a thing. We don’t know if there’s blinds on those windows now, we really don’t know anything.

I think we should remind ourselves that we have no proof of foul play yet and that accusations against him without any foundation could have severe and dire consequences.
Agreed -- regarding the challenge of finding things for someone else that is in plain sight !
And this an apply to women as well.
And it's certainly true that there's no foul play suspected ... although we're all waiting for the autopsy and tox reports.
No one here is accusing -- or has accused -- anyone.
It looks like people are speculating whether or not someone can be seen if the person outside is prone or sitting in a lawn chair ?
Such is the nature of investigations and also we can speculate here .
It sounds like it's difficult to say anything without being there in person ?
I have wondered what the fiance noticed after gaining entrance to the house ?
Were the dogs there ?
Did she call out to alert the renter that she was just looking for her fiance ?
Etc.
So many questions ; but while we wait, we can propose various theories.
Omo.

Last edited:
Is there a link stating they definitely concluded that ? Maybe my memory is just failing me, which would come as no surprise these days, lol.
Bbm.
Ita with entire post.
Re. the bbm; That is true.
I'm waiting (& I'd imagine others here as well !) for LE to make a definitive statement.

I think LE are investigation this as a 'death investigation' and not a 'homicide', as in --LE do not consider the deaths to be foul play at this time ?
In the past, LE can -- and have --changed their direction.
An alcohol related death (i.e., vehicular crash where a drunk driver runs down a pedestrian) is also a 'death investigation', iirc ?
Although that can be changed to manslaughter.
LE haven't said much in this case, either way.
Because there are three dead men, I'd imagine LE are far from being done investigating !
Omo.

Neighbor in that video said sliding door was in the kitchen area and it looks like there's a window looking out at where the chairs were on the patio also.View attachment 479243View attachment 479244

In more recent pictures, posted here recently, there are blinds on all these windows and they appear to be drawn.

No way of knowing if they were always drawn, sometimes drawn, closed or open on January 8-9 or not. However, JW maintains that he did not see his friends in the backyard.

Well it reasons that if he saw them outside, he would have reported it? And he is saying he had no knowledge his high school friends of 20 years were in his back yard. And LE has said definitively 100% at this time there is no foul play. IMO

Something I was thinking about. If JW didn't pay close attention to who arrived in what vehicle, he may have assumed that since they were drinking one person drove the others home. If one is of the belief that all arrived each in his own vehicle, there being two cars remaining parked outside may not be entirely out of the ordinary particularly if you look around the house and no one is there when you wake up the next morning.

nope we don't know ... yet
I think the pushback is simply because he's been so maligned in the press by the family members
otherwise our conversations here might have taken a different path IMO
True.
But I also feel the lawyer he hired, has not represented him very well !
The families are in tremendous pain.
I'll try not to judge them.
Omo.

People's routines are different everywhere, but it's fairly typical for a single person, particularly one with a pet that goes outside, to make coffee in the morning with water from the kitchen sink, then go stand in front of a window that looks out over the back yard and dawdle with their morning coffee and toast.

But there may have been a whole stream of unfortunate circumstances that prevented the resident from seeing his friends out in the back yard. Nothing suggests that he was trying to hide them.
Anything is possible and you are quite right people's routines are different. But I can say I've never stood at my kitchen window drinking coffee and eating toast while my dog went outside. Didn't do it even when I was young. For one thing I don't drink coffee and rarely eat toast for breakfast. For another, any dog I've ever had always needed to go out in the am long before I could have made coffee. If I had done that, I would not have been able to see a dead body sitting in a chair directly below any kitchen window I've had. But any dog I've ever owned would have seen it when outside and let me know I'm sure.

Since JW appears to have had a doggie door, a door that's not in the kitchen area, I'm not sure how likely it is he'd ever watch his dog(s) through that kitchen window in the am. We also don't know if there were any dogs in the house during the critical period. I tend to think not especially with the girlfriend breaking in. And for all the claims of people beating on his door, no one has said they heard barking but no one answered the door.
MOO

Maybe that woman neighbor in that video was only thinking about the floor plan and didn't realize there were blinds on the sliding glass door? The picture I posted shows a more transparent inside covering, just a screen maybe?
I never go in my formal dining room and my hubby lives here with me.

I'm not certain a single male would go into their dning room ... ever; certainly not regularily.

He must go to the kitchen sink once in awhile. I'd venture to say at least twice a day?
For what though? My dishes go in my diswasher and not the sink. I too have a water and ice dispenser in my fridge like JW did (see other kitchen photo -- the one where the stairs are also visible).

Even if he did go to the kitchen sink and happen to look out his window over it, that window is high enough that you'd not see someone sitting in a chair under it. We have no idea where in the back yard the other two deceased were located so I can't even speculate on wther or not they'd be viewable from that window.

It's standard height, of the sink. Do to the width of the counter, it prevents seeing the patio. I was able to enlarge and the grass is the first thing in window view.
I just check my similar view, same size window. My heat pump in directly under my window and I can't see it.
Moo
The counter is only 36 inches high. If you were 4 foot tall, you might not be able to see out, otherwise, you would have a fine view.

<modsnip - off topic>
Does anyone know where the "basement window" that was broken into is actually located? I've examined all the images I can find and all windows seem to be at ground floor level, not basement level.

I don't think there is a basement. The word was introduced by one of the family members, early on.

I think the person who entered is confused and thinks it's "the basement." Perhaps that's the term they use for first story of a two story house. They would not be alone in that. I was recently part of a discussion (I think it was here on WS) about what "attic" really means. I think it is the Idaho Four thread. I was amazed at how differently both words are used around the English-speaking world. I have to say that I would have considered the first floor of 1122 King Road to be a basement - but maybe it isn't? I don't know the technical definition and I don't know how people around the nation use the word. Basements are not a thing in most of the places I've lived.

There's a picture of a screen removed from a window - so I took that to be the "basement" of the house, because the woman said it was a basement and that she removed a screen. However, I do believe she is mistaken about there being a basement and she entered on the first floor, "went to another part of the house" (the rest of the house) and opened the back door, finding the horrifying sight of a dead body - and someone known to her. This was early on, that she said this, and like anyone, in the aftermath of such a close personal tragedy, the mind races and glitches.

If there is a basement, I can see no evidence of it. You can see the screen on the ground at about 0:18 of this video from the New York Post:

It's the first real time picture of the house, from the front, that I know about.

IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip - off topic>

I don't think there is a basement. The word was introduced by one of the family members, early on.

I think the person who entered is confused and thinks it's "the basement." Perhaps that's the term they use for first story of a two story house. They would not be alone in that. I was recently part of a discussion (I think it was here on WS) about what "attic" really means. I think it is the Idaho Four thread. I was amazed at how differently both words are used around the English-speaking world. I have to say that I would have considered the first floor of 1122 King Road to be a basement - but maybe it isn't? I don't know the technical definition and I don't know how people around the nation use the word. Basements are not a thing in most of the places I've lived.

There's a picture of a screen removed from a window - so I took that to be the "basement" of the house, because the woman said it was a basement and that she removed a screen. However, I do believe she is mistaken about there being a basement and she entered on the first floor, "went to another part of the house" (the rest of the house) and opened the back door, finding the horrifying sight of a dead body - and someone known to her. This was early on, that she said this, and like anyone, in the aftermath of such a close personal tragedy, the mind races and glitches.

If there is a basement, I can see no evidence of it. You can see the screen on the ground at about 0:18 of this video from the New York Post:

It's the first real time picture of the house, from the front, that I know about.

IMO

In the realtor listing they do mention (and show what appear to be pictures of) a basement:

"Great additional space for entertaining or storage in the finished basement including a full bath."

2302138-175-single-family-home-41.lg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members