MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usa today says

According to information from police Capt. Corey Carlisle, on the day they were discovered, the fiancé of one of the men visited the home to check on him, found a body on the back porch and called 911.

Officers responded to the scene at 9:51 p.m., police said, confirmed there was a dead body and upon further investigation, located two other dead bodies in the backyard.

-----------
So... all the bodies were found out of doors? Does "back porch" in this part of the USA mean actually OUTSIDE, or does it mean "Florida room", a covered room/porch, like it does in some parts? (I am in California where we don't usually have such porches.) For sure 2 bodies were completely out of doors, in the backyard.... in looking at the photos above, where the heck is the back porch?? All I see is a garage out back.

So... all the bodies were found out of doors? Does "back porch" in this part of the USA mean actually OUTSIDE, or does it mean "Florida room", a covered room/porch, like it does in some parts? (I am in California where we don't usually have such porches.) For sure 2 bodies were completely out of doors, in the backyard.... in looking at the photos above, where the heck is the back porch?? All I see is a garage out back.

I would take "back porch" to mean outside, imo. But, all I see in the photos back there is a small-ish concrete pad. I think of an enclosed sunroom (like the one pictured) being called a sunroom, not a back porch. All MOO.

ETA: I have circled what I would call the "back porch" (especially the section with the roof over it):
1705556883957.png
And an angle taken while on the "back porch", imo:
1705557025726.png

I believe the IE article says the info comes from two women who say they could see, on FB (as one can) who has looked at their posts. So I think it was FB-based.

And I agree - there's a lot going on here and there are three grieving and outraged families.

really? I've been on FB a long time and never had the ability to see who had viewed my posts or pictures unless they comment or 'like'

ETA: there is a spam post that travels around claiming you can find out who views your FB but it's false - in this case I'm comfortable believing that the home renter had his cellphone read receipts turned on

Last edited:
@vls12345 , thank you! Aha. For me, a "porch" is elevated from the rest of the ground and that area you circled would be a "patio", hence the difference. Hugely appreciated.

Absolutely frightening and saddening that 3 lives are lost... and radio silence from the survivor... Who is a friend, supposedly? I'm so so confused. Intentional? Accidental? Randomly targeted? Heart breaks for the survivors.

really? I've been on FB a long time and never had the ability to see who had viewed my posts or pictures unless they comment or 'like'

ETA: there is a spam post that travels around claiming you can find out who views your FB but it's false - in this case I'm comfortable believing that the home renter had his cellphone read receipts turned on
Facebook Messenger is where you see if a message is read

Body Locations? "Back Porch"?
Usa today says
According to information from police Capt. Corey Carlisle, on the day they were discovered, the fiancé of one of the men visited the home to check on him, found a body on the back porch and called 911.
Officers responded to the scene at 9:51 p.m., police said, confirmed there was a dead body and upon further investigation, located two other dead bodies in the backyard.
-----------
@AnyNameIWish Yep, hard to see pix details, esp'ly on a phone screen or even my tablet.

"So... all the bodies were found out of doors?"
I may be splitting hairs but exact locations may be up for a bit of interp, depending on source of info.
IIUC, the three bodies were found NOT in the house but were all in the "backyard" per LE, IIUC.
Rental listing pix show a SHED in backyard. Any body found inside shed? IDK, possibly, but have not read or heard LE or fiancee or friends say that. Coulda missed it.

"Back Porch"?
Thanks to @vls12345 ( :) hurray) for adding pix to a post ~ 1 hr: 30min. ago.
In that pic #3, I see what may be an addition to the original house (built in 1970's per realtor.com). On right-ish side of house is room w BIG SQUARE window facing camera & sliding doors on left side of room.
Roof design looks a little wonky, like an addition or afterthought tacked on yrs later. Maybe not.
Sliders open to a poured concrete pad, largely covered by roof, as visible in a listing pic. Oops,
@vls12345 :) did an excellent job in answering some of your Q's. Some might characterize the concrete pad w roof over it a "back porch."

Is that ^ enclosed room a "Florida room?" Some ppl would say yes, particularly if room is an "add-on," not as originally designed & built.

Regardless, seems any witness, such as the fiancee, should be able to show LE, where she found the body, either or at the house by pointing to the spot in person or by marking a diagram later. But in the meantime, we/gen public await official word.

BTW, FWIW, GARAGE is not "out back" imo, but is on "right side" of house's shorter end, from street view. IOW, from street, driver turns into driveway, goes ~ 1- 2 car lengths, then to enter garage, makes left turn thru garage door opening. See last pic @vls12345 included ^.

More pix are shown in rental listing.

ETA: Disclosure. I am not an architect or gen bldg contractor & have recvd no offers to play one on TV. ;)

Last edited:
"Back Porch."
I would take "back porch" to mean outside, imo. But, all I see in the photos back there is a small-ish concrete pad. I think of an enclosed sunroom (like the one pictured) being called a sunroom, not a back porch. All MOO.
ETA: I have circled what I would call the "back porch" (especially the section with the roof over it):
View attachment 475505
View attachment 475506
@vls12345 Agreeing w your post.
And thanks again for your pix in post. Very helpful.

Looking at those photos, I can genuinely see if you didn’t leave your house you might not notice cars in the driveway that shouldn’t be there. You could easily tuck 3 cars around in front of that garage and they wouldn’t be visible unless you looked out the windows on the top floor (a bedroom and bathroom?). Obviously, it’s still weird to not notice people trying to get in touch, banging on your door. But I can see that someone who is still drunk/high or on a comedown who is used to ignoring calls (employer wondering where the hell you are, debt collectors, your dealer wanting to be paid) just not dealing with any of it. JMO

There are two huge trees in the back yard as well as rows of ornamental grasses across the back fence. It's almost impossible to see anything from an aerial view because of the trees. The house next door has a very bare back yard.
Ok thanks, it must have been pictures taken from awhile ago I saw. The house looked exactly from the front like the one on the news. I dont want to post any addresses or pictures. Sorry if I got the describing wrong.

drugs? maybe they left and he didn't realize they were on the porch/in the backyard and he just thought they had gone home or maybe they were shot and he just didn't hear that? that's a lot less believable though
They could literally break a window, go to the neighbors, their cars were out front, the highs were in the 40s which is cold but not instant death.

They had to of been poisoned or shot etc

Going along for a minute with the idea that maybe he really didn't know they were there, why would he then think he knew it must have been "freezing to death?" You couldn't know. Your mind would be racing, trying to figure it out. If you just suddenly found out, you'd be shocked, with more of a, "What could have happened?" demeanor. But JMO.

View attachment 475505
View attachment 475506

Didn't the fiance have to break a window to get in and then she saw the body and called police? I took that to mean the "porch" was an enclosed non-heated area attached to the main house, not an outside stoop.

Didn't the fiance have to break a window to get in and then she saw the body and called police? I took that to mean the "porch" was an enclosed non-heated area attached to the main house, not an outside stoop.

"Police said a woman came to the home looking for her fiancé. When there was no answer at the door, she broke into the basement and found a dead body on the back porch.

When officers got to the scene, they said they found two other dead bodies in the back yard."

From: 3 found dead outside northland home, neighbors say they are in shock

I honestly don't know whether that means inside in the sunroom or perhaps she stepped out of the sunroom to the concrete pad with the roofed area to check on the victim she saw.

If freezing to death was what happened, I don't think the victim was in the sunroom. It looks like a wide doorway opening into it from the house with no obvious door shutting it off from the rest of the house, plus in one photo you can see a heat vent on the wall. While it may have been cooler than the rest of the house because of so many windows, I don't think someone would have frozen to death inside the sunroom.

Plus if someone was dead in the sunroom, isn't it possible that there would have been a smell after 2 days? It's right beside the kitchen. Would the homeowner/renter not notice?

Of course the observations are moot if freezing didn't figure into the COD.

MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member