MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
raiding a bldg because someone reported inside

recapping that someone threw Molotov on top of Chop Suey restaurant earlier

So I'm assuming a protestor shot another protestor on the leg?

I wonder how the..no justice no curfew..is working out for the person that was shot.

bldg cleared

more bangs, smoke in the distance about a block away. more tear gas

1:10am there

I wonder how the..no justice no curfew..is working out for the person that was shot.

Honestly, I find it rather amusing a protestor shot another protestor. And by protestor I really mean agitator!

I want to start my own chant...GET A CLUE!

someone is detained, describing his attire, hands behind his back

I have to say this, about people complaining that Brown was being demonized and it is of no relevance whatsoever that he wasn't the young man his mother said he was.

When this first happened, and his mother was yelling to the reporter that he tried to do what was right, he graduated from high school (do you know how many young black boys graduate from high school? not many) and he was going on to college and despite that he was STILL GUNNED DOWN in the streets. All of his tremendous efforts to make something of himself, against all odds, were of no use and now he was dead on the street.

Well that just broke my heart. That kind of hopelessness and despair broke my heart. And I think it broke everyone's heart who saw that scene - and that caused people to righteously riot. It's awful.

But it wasn't true. He was shot for attacking a cop after robbing a store. Much less heartbreaking story, from where I sit.

BBM

That is inaccurate. 52% of all black males graduate HS in four years.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/19/black-male-hs-graduation-_n_1896490.html

not sure what to think, the reporters are talking about the effects of the tear gas on them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
#MadMax210