MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jmo. That is where I think the huge gap is. I am looking at this situation- just the shooting of a man. But others are looking at what they believe the shooting symbolizes. With the evidence provided to date, my opinion is that this was not LE being racist. I think we should separate this shooting from the concerns and feelings the community has voiced and move forward. Even have separate threads. One for the MB case, one for the rioters and opportunists, and one for the protestors and their actions and goals. Jmo

Also, another for the IMO true victims in this incident, the LEO and the shopkeeper.

Burn:

Anderson cooper CNN
Something smells bad in #Ferguson and it is not just teargas - @SpikeLee on the #MichaelBrown case
8:46pm - 19 Aug 14

By saying that "a vigorous prosecution must now be pursued" Gov Nixon is calling for officer Wilson to be charged with murder. I don't know how else to interpret this. Its disgraceful for a Governor to be calling for charges when everything that we know about this case so far tells us the killing was justifiable self-defense. The fact that Officer Wilson sustained a serious facial injury is proof enough in my mind that his life was in danger.

I'm not sure that any prosecution is needed in this case. A vigorous investigation seems to be warranted but I think it's a bit premature to call for a prosecution. JMO.

Does anyone have a link please to Tim/Vice reporter? TIA
Oopsies my apologies many thanks popsicle xxxooo

Jmo. That is where I think the huge gap is. I am looking at this situation- just the shooting of a man. But others are looking at what they believe the shooting symbolizes. With the evidence provided to date, my opinion is that this was not LE being racist. I think we should separate this shooting from the concerns and feelings the community has voiced and move forward. Even have separate threads. One for the MB case, one for the rioters and opportunists, and one for the protestors and their actions and goals. Jmo

With all due respect we have no idea what the officer thinks or believes. I just don't know if we know much about him except he was supposedly a good cop.. But I would like to know more about him.

Sorry, I am talking about the people walking looking to be heard. That is all they want. To know they are being heard and acknowledged. Some one to say, We are here for you.
Have you followed the previous 9 nights of riots, marches, looting, attacks on cops?

Being heard is the last thing on their mind.

They are going to use this officer as a scape goat just to get the protests to stop. Which I believe is ******

I'm not sure that any prosecution is needed in this case. A vigorous investigation seems to be warranted but I think it's a bit premature to call for a prosecution. JMO.

Thank you! I really hope he screwed up and used the wrong word and meant to say investigation instead of prosecution.

Have you followed the previous 9 nights of riots, marches, looting, attacks on cops?

Being heard is the last thing on their mind.

I'm gonna take a much needed break from my own frustration and watch some stupid mindless fluffy stuff...like Dance Moms...or something.

BBL

Everyone please stop posting until I return, especially if anything major happens...wait till I get back..lol :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't caught up yet, but the "we shoot back" pic posted on the previous thread......

That saying was recorded in the history page of the NRA. On their website, they proudly state their role in the civil rights movement by helping to ensure the rights to arms for black people. The slogan was ""We shoot back".

This is not some inflammatory, made-up rhetoric. It has a basis in the history of second amendment rights to which all people are entitled, no matter what the color of their skin.

http://www.nrapublications.org/index.php/16353/deacons-for-defense-and-justice/

Washington Post columnist Courtland Milloy marked this year’s Martin Luther King Day with an appreciative column about the Deacons for Defense and Justice. The Deacons were the armed black men of the Civil Rights Movement from 1964 to 1966. Like the great men who fought at Lexington and Concord on April 19, 1775, the Deacons are true American heroes.
Milloy interviewed Charles Hicks, son of Deacons public relations director Robert Hicks. The younger Hicks recalled, “You shoot at us, we shoot back at you. I’m convinced that without our guns, my family and many other black people would not be alive today.”
Milloy concluded, “Infringe on the Second Amendment? No way, say 30 percent of African Americans (myself included), according to a recent Pew poll. No doubt many of them believe, like Hicks, that it’s better to have a gun and not need it than not have one and wish you did.”

They are going to use this officer as a scape goat just to get the protests to stop. Which I believe is ******
A very very good defense attorney will get him off. Does Officer Darren Wilson have a good defense attorney to look after his interest and him? It's just good to get one now.

That is just some of them not all of them. I really don't like the mentality here that just because they are all the same race they are all the same kind of person. I am out before I end up with a to.

I think you are being kind of unfair in saying that the 'mentality' here is that everyone is the same race so they are all the same. I have not seen that said here at all. jmo

ps= my own kids are mixed race. I would never say they were exactly the same as all other mixed race people. So I dont like that assumption being made against the 'mentality' here. jmo

Paul Hampel ‏@phampel 4m
Owner, Muhammad, said two hours ago that he would stay open til 10, per usual. But he just locked the door.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvcW8F1CcAA7ivb.jpg

Matt Pearce ‏@mattdpearce 4m
Jacques Wilson, 28, of north St. Louis, on tonight: "It depends on how forceful they are. I'm still going to stay."
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvcYKEJCUAA8Z_v.jpg

Paul Hampel ‏@phampel 5m
#Ferguson #NorthSTL Some say man shot here today had been accused of shoplifting here.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvcWXXqCcAA30Gj.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member