MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there are 12 jurors on the GJ. How many of the 12 need to vote for an indictment for it to be passed? Is it ALL of them or just a majority?

David Carson ‏@PDPJ 4m
#Ferguson small group of protesters march, others sit in place watching, cops just hanging back watching, n...

Retweeted by Matt Pearce
Wesley Lowery ‏@WesleyLowery 8m
At one point tonight, Michael Brown protesters chanted "hands up, don't shoot!"Darren Wilson supporters responded: "Shoot! Shoot! Shoot!"

Well, IMO OW's supporters are not advancing OW's cause by that stupid chant/comment! That just makes them look bloodthirsty and supportive of police brutality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why Police Shoot Guys with Knives The officer figured, due to his size and fighting skills, he could disarm a knife wielding aggressor. To all the idiots out there who always say, "Why did the cops have to shoot him? He only had a (insert your choice of weapons here, i.e. knife, bat, club. whatever) he didn't have to be shot", you should look at the photos. If an officer tells you to drop your weapon, just drop it. If you're a *advertiser censored*, stupid, on crack, mental or just "scared" ... too bad. No one deserves what this police officer got for just doing his job. This is vivid proof of how deadly people who are "only armed with a knife" can be. Some of the public think that officers should try to disarm someone armed with a knife but anyone who has had training in knife fighting will tell you even if you win, you are going to get cut. Keep this in the back of your mind when confronting someone armed with an edged weapon. If you are 21 feet away from a criminal with a knife, you are potentially 3 seconds away from being cut
33oil93.jpg

While I do not disagree that it is policy and protocol for the officers to have shot the knife wielding man who may have been mentally unstable and therefore that incident is considered a justified shooting, I was a bit surprised by the word *advertiser censored* - it made me wince. I was also not expecting the graphic image so took the liberty of attempting to insert a spoiler your post where I have quoted it so no one is offended or put off. I was not offended by the image but I wasn't expecting it and it was a bit shocking and graphic because of that.

Well, IMO OW's supporters are not advancing OW's cause by that stupid chant/comment! That just makes them look bloodthirsty and supportive of police brutality.

I agree. That is just STUPID. :facepalm:

I'm so happy that Officer Wilson turned his unstable childhood into something positive.

Stories like that warm my heart and make me proud. Too many people use their troubled upbringing as an excuse to stay down and that's sad.

I agree.

Where the in depth family history and background on Brown???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Completely agree with you on that

I'm not saying it's right but clearly it is tit for tat.
We've all heard some explosive chants & signs during the past week or so coming out of that town.

That's for sure. I live in an area with approx. half a million people. There have been 3 murders here in 4 years. (none of these murders were by gun)

So how does it feel living in Mr. Rogers Neighborhood? Have you met Daniel Tiger? Is he as nice as he appears on camera, or is he really a diva? :)

(Seriously....so you live in a well-kept secret as well, eh?)

Sometimes there are no abrasions on the knuckles and no swelling so I don't think that would tell them anything definitively one way or the other.

I did hear Dr. Baden say something very interesting the first day he spoke out about the autopsy he did. He mentioned that MB had a cut on one of his hands that it could be consistent if DW was trying to engage the slide action on his gun and if MBs hand was on the gun, then the slide could have pinched his hand cutting it.

I know this can happen because I carry a Glock 9mm and twice when I pulled the slide back and then forward I have pinched/cut my hand when it got caught in the slide. It hurts like heck and has caused the cut to bleed.

Something about a significant GASH... ? That comment?

Darn. I missed The attorney's segment on Judge Jeanine. Husband and son hijacked the tv for the football game. lol

Hello? FedEx? Yes, we need emergency WS provisions delivered to Lovejac and Katydid23 ASAP!!!!

I have wondered if the wound to the hand was from the slide on the gun as that is not an unheard of injury. Which goes to further substantiate that there was a struggle for the gun. Wish we had something from the officer telling us how that struggle began because that DJ witness has made some claims initially (although he has apparently backpedalled on those in recent interview with him and'or his attorney) and I find that version very INcredible. So it would be nice to have an alternate version of how that all began. how did the gun come to be out of its holster. That IMO is what this case will come down to.

I'm not saying it's right but clearly it is tit for tat.
We've all heard some explosive chants & signs during the past week or so coming out of that town.

Malik Shabazz and his cadre: Who do we want? Darren Wilson How do we want him? Dead

I have to think those aren't the supporters that were on the news today, obviously. I say this because there is no way they would have been out there at night since they were fearful from the threats. jmo

Found it!!

"D. PARKS: Let me explain to you a few things. Number one, you`re going to notice that there`s an injury to his hand. That particular injury

probably came at a close range, you`re going to find out later. Second, when we talk about front to back -- front to back mainly...

GRACE: Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, wait! Let me...

D. PARKS: ... applies to two things...

GRACE: ... let me hear what you`re saying. You`re saying that the gunshot wound to his right hand is at close range, although the autopsy is

saying no shots at close range.

D. PARKS: Well, let me explain it like this. It`s a big gash.

GRACE: What?

D. PARKS: It`s a big gash, so as you hear more about it, it`s a big gash on his hand.

GRACE: So it`s not -- are you telling me it`s not a gunshot?

D. PARKS: Now, how that`s -- no, it is a gunshot wound caused by the gun, but a bullet, but it`s a rather large gash in his hand.

GRACE: Well, why do you say it`s at close range?

D. PARKS: Secondly -- well, it`s pretty big and it`s pretty open.

GRACE: That doesn`t mean close range.

D. PARKS: Now, how and when it happened, I`ll leave that to the experts.

GRACE: OK, well, that doesn`t...

D. PARKS: Well, it could -- you`re right, but...

GRACE: ... necessarily mean close range."
http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1408/18/ng.01.html

At least 9 of the 12
That's correct.
Does the grand jury have to be unanimous?

No. The votes of nine members are required to find a “true bill” resulting in an indictment being “handed up.” If the grand jury determines there is no probable cause, “No True Bill” is found and the case is over.

This is a good article about how the Missouri Grand Jury will work in this case.

http://news.stlpublicradio.org/post/whats-grand-jury-how-will-it-work-ferguson-case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa