GUILTY MO - Ireland, 2 & Goodknight Ribando, 7 weeks, found dead outside home, Kearney, July 2018 *arrest*

Tuesday, July 24th:
*Prelim Hearing (@ 9am CT) – MO – Goodknight Berretta June Ribando (7 wks old) & Ireland Autumn Jane Ribando (2) (July 4, 2018) – Jenna Boedecker Ribando (29) “mom” arrested (7/4/18) for a prior incident (7/3/18) & placed on 24-hour hold; was formally charged (7/6/18) with 3rd degree domestic assault, armed criminal action & 1st degree property damage. Charges stem from an argument w/husband re his infidelity on night of 7/3. Plead not guilty (7/10/18). $75K cash only bond; bond condition: no contact w/husband. Nothing yet on death penalty charges.
7/10/18 Update: Plead not guilty; Bond will continue. Defense wanted Signature bond so she could get out of jail & go to daughter’s funeral. Requested denied, unless she comes up with $75K in cash. Next hearing 7/24.

Lucyray - to sort of answer your question - she had an arraignment hearing on 7/10 - see my description in blue above. I believe this hearing is a preliminary hearing. But what do I know! LOL!
Someone more knowledgeable will probably give you an answer.
Thank you for posting that. I am a bit lame on the terminology, I guess. What is a preliminary hearing? I knew she had pleaded not guilty, I knew the judge refused to lower her bond. After that, I am confused. So, they have a preliminary hearing today..and then what happens? What IS a preliminary hearing? Google..I'm off to google. I hope we see a report of what transpires today.

07/24/2018 Motion for Bond Reduction
Motion for Release on Own Recognizance or in the Alternative a Reduction of Bond; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.
Filed By: CATHY NOBLE
Hearing Scheduled
Scheduled For: 07/31/2018; 9:00 AM ; LOUIS ANGLES; Clay
Hearing Continued/Rescheduled
STATE BY PROSECUTING ATTORNEY. DEFENDANT IN CUSTODY & BY ATTORNEY. DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR CONTINUANCE IS SUSTAINED. THE CASE IS CONTINUED TO 7/31/2018 AT 9:00 A.M. FOR DOCKET CALL/BOND HEARING*** LA/kjs
Hearing Continued From: 07/24/2018; 9:00 AM Hearing

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/searchDockets.do

This is the currents status from today.

So, I just read the article that @Niner posted reference to. After I read this, I've got other questions. If the police had not gone to the door of Joe R's mom, they wouldn't know of any assault (right?). Is it her husband that is taking her to court for her actions (assault issues), or is it the policeman who took husbands statement? What if husband would say 'drop it, she's been through too much'..would they drop it? I know this is not a case about the death of the babies. Also, still no cause of death yet? Thank you in advance. I really had no idea how very complicated the legal system is!

So are they holding off on the funerals until she can attend? If the bond hearing is continued till 7/31.... honestly I think they should give her a supervised furlough to attend the funerals. We don't know if she hurt her daughters at this point. It's not like Caylee where she's clearly responsible.

97x32px-LL-40ad66f8_thanx.gif
Jewels!

Lucyray
- I know that in California if the police feel there is "danger" they will take you into custody even if the wife/husband doesn't want to press charges. Not sure how it is in Missouri. Maybe someone else with more knowledge on this can chime in! :)

Some states say that if they called for a domestic violence situation, charges will be filed. Others allow the victim to later recant and have the charges dropped. I don't know what MO does.

As for the funeral, I spoke to someone local the other day who lost a grandchild under suspicious circumstances. Been almost year, and no one has been charged with the death, however, the child's mother was NOT allowed to go to the funeral....

From this link Mother says she fell asleep in vehicle; girls found dead next day

“I dozed off for just a second. When I woke up, I saw them and ran to the neighbors,” Boedecker is cited in a search warrant as telling deputies.

Mother didn't "doze off for just a second" and then find the babies unresponsive. That's a flat-out lie. She knows it and anyone with any common sense knows it. It doesn't take a PhD in criminology to ascertain that Mom's tall tale doesn't add up.

Mother claims that she fell asleep in the car with her babies. I call total BS on that, as well. The front door to the house was found open by the CPS investigator at about 9:30 a.m. on July 4. The CPS investigator didn't notice anyone in the driver's seat of the Jeep.

1. The car was found running at about 9:30 a.m. by CPS.

2. No one was observed in the driver's seat

3. The front door of the house was open

4. The CPS investigator knocked, no one answered

Everything this mother says must be considered through the lens of a reckless, black-out drunk, IMO. I don't know whether or not she was under the influence of alcohol and/or other substances, but I suspect that she was.

Here's the thing: When you hear the phrase 'black-out drunk' - that phrase refers to memory impairment due to the effects of alcohol/pharmaceuticals on the hippocampus (a structure of the brain that is responsible for capturing short-term memories & storing them as long-term memories).

A person can be 'black-out' impaired and still be awake, upright, mobile, and conversing with others (or any of a number of other activities, including operating a motor vehicle). They just won't remember it later, because the hippocampus activity was suppressed by alcohol or other pharmacological substances.

'Black-out' drunk doesn't mean passed out and asleep. It means that the level of intoxication has affected the memory center of the brain, so that the brain is incapable of storing short-term memories, resulting in fragmentary memory loss.
It's a common theme in child murder cases lately "I fell asleep" or "I was sleepingsleeping".
From this link Mother says she fell asleep in vehicle; girls found dead next day

“I dozed off for just a second. When I woke up, I saw them and ran to the neighbors,” Boedecker is cited in a search warrant as telling deputies.

Mother didn't "doze off for just a second" and then find the babies unresponsive. That's a flat-out lie. She knows it and anyone with any common sense knows it. It doesn't take a PhD in criminology to ascertain that Mom's tall tale doesn't add up.

Mother claims that she fell asleep in the car with her babies. I call total BS on that, as well. The front door to the house was found open by the CPS investigator at about 9:30 a.m. on July 4. The CPS investigator didn't notice anyone in the driver's seat of the Jeep.

1. The car was found running at about 9:30 a.m. by CPS.

2. No one was observed in the driver's seat

3. The front door of the house was open

4. The CPS investigator knocked, no one answered

Everything this mother says must be considered through the lens of a reckless, black-out drunk, IMO. I don't know whether or not she was under the influence of alcohol and/or other substances, but I suspect that she was.

Here's the thing: When you hear the phrase 'black-out drunk' - that phrase refers to memory impairment due to the effects of alcohol/pharmaceuticals on the hippocampus (a structure of the brain that is responsible for capturing short-term memories & storing them as long-term memories).

A person can be 'black-out' impaired and still be awake, upright, mobile, and conversing with others (or any of a number of other activities, including operating a motor vehicle). They just won't remember it later, because the hippocampus activity was suppressed by alcohol or other pharmacological substances.

'Black-out' drunk doesn't mean passed out and asleep. It means that the level of intoxication has affected the memory center of the brain, so that the brain is incapable of storing short-term memories, resulting in fragmentary memory loss.
This is becoming a common theme "I'm sleeping Beauty". It makes me sick.

So, I just read the article that @Niner posted reference to. After I read this, I've got other questions. If the police had not gone to the door of Joe R's mom, they wouldn't know of any assault (right?). Is it her husband that is taking her to court for her actions (assault issues), or is it the policeman who took husbands statement? What if husband would say 'drop it, she's been through too much'..would they drop it? I know this is not a case about the death of the babies. Also, still no cause of death yet? Thank you in advance. I really had no idea how very complicated the legal system is!
Hi Lucyray! In Missouri the police aren't mandated to make an arrest in domestic violence incidents but they are given discretion, meaning even if the injured party says "never mind" they can still arrest one or both people involved.
Missouri has had an "Almost Mandatory" arrest law since 1989. This means that a Missouri police officer is allowed to use discretion when responding to a domestic violence call. The officer is not automatically required to arrest the alleged primary aggressor. However, if no arrest is made the officer must file a written report explaining the choice not to arrest. If an officer has to respond to the same address within 12 hours for a similar circumstance, an arrest then becomes mandatory.

Assault & Domestic Violence FAQ | Get Your Answers
In this case LE contacted the husband after they found the girls dead and that's when he told detectives about the previous night's altercation. It appears that he didn't report it earlier but rather LE decided to arrest Boedecker.
About four hours after the girls were pronounced dead, police contacted Boedecker's husband, who is identified only as J.A.R. in court documents.

The husband told police that at 11 p.m. on Tuesday, he and his wife got into an argument "about (the husband) cheating on the suspect (Boedecker)."

As the husband tried to leave in a truck, Boedecker allegedly threw a brick toward his vehicle and then rammed it with a Jeep Patriot, court records state.

After the alleged assault, the husband left. He said he stayed with his mother in nearby Kearney. He remained there until contacted by police the next day about his daughters' deaths, police said.
Clay County mom of girls found dead faces felonies in prior incident with husband
Boedecker is charged with domestic assault, armed criminal action and property damage.

Does anyone have a thought on the 'armed criminal action'? Is that maybe, ramming a vehicle with her car? Maybe?

Yesterday I sent an email to one of the newspaper organizations that reported this story on day one. I asked whether or not they covered the court appearance. The reporter (to my surprise) took the time to answer that he was off because he had spent so much time covering the duck boat tragedy. Rest assured, they would report if they had anything. Or if they knew of court dates..

It was nice that he answered, but it was a bit of a non-answer. Why is there no strong coverage of this? I am not local, I'm in Michigan. I just don't find anything when I Google. I'm just stumped on this..where is the public outcry? Even SM is all cleaned up..

Armed criminal action in Missouri is described as:
“any person who commits any felony under the laws of this state by, with, or through the use, assistance, or aid of a dangerous instrument or deadly weapon is also guilty of the crime of armed criminal action”

Dangerous instrument/deadly weapon can be any object used as a weapon that could cause serious harm or death. Hitting another vehicle with your vehicle intentionally absolutely qualifies, but throwing a brick at someone's head does too. So it could be either one of them or both.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back