GUILTY MO - Ireland, 2 & Goodknight Ribando, 7 weeks, found dead outside home, Kearney, July 2018 *arrest*

Does anyone know the significance of the infants name? Goodnight Beretta?
I have no idea, but it reminds me of the detective show Baretta and his pet cockatoo. I even googled if the bird said, "Goodnight," in the show, but didn't come up with anything. This couple in this case is too young to remember that show and the name is spelled differently, but that's what I keep thinking of (and the great theme song by Sammy Davis, Jr.!) Yes....I remember the show in the original. :)

jmo

Edited to correct type of bird in the show. It was a cockatoo, not cockatiel. ;)

I have no idea, but it reminds me of the detective show Baretta and his pet cockatoo. I even googled if the bird said, "Goodnight," in the show, but didn't come up with anything. This couple in this case is too young to remember that show and the name is spelled differently, but that's what I keep thinking of (and the great theme song by Sammy Davis, Jr.!) Yes....I remember the show in the original. :)

jmo

Edited to correct type of bird in the show. It was a cockatoo, not cockatiel. ;)
OT, but your comment struck a chord.. Immediately came to mind that he was charged with the murder of his wife, way back when. Robert Blake was acquitted (I had to go read about it..). Today that case would probably be handled differently. I always liked the program, and the actor. Still, his case had some hinky stuff. Hmmmm. This case is hinky too!

Does anyone know the significance of the infants name? Goodnight Beretta?

Well, I am bothered by the child's name. We have a Beretta here at our house.

With a trigger lock, in a gun safe.

I do know of a child named "Dasani, like the water" so maybe someone liked the sound of the word, the structure of the syllables?

Makes me think more "do you feel lucky, Punk?"

Tuesday, July 31st:
*Docket Call/Bond Hearing (@ 9am CT) – MO – Goodknight Berretta June Ribando (7 wks old) & Ireland Autumn Jane Ribando (2) (July 4, 2018) – Jenna Boedecker Ribando (29) “mom” arrested (7/4/18) for a prior incident (7/3/18) & placed on 24-hour hold; was formally charged (7/6/18) with 3rd degree domestic assault, armed criminal action & 1st degree property damage. Charges stem from an argument w/husband re his infidelity on night of 7/3. Plead not guilty (7/10/18). $75K cash only bond; bond condition: no contact w/husband.
Nothing yet on death penalty charges.
7/10/18 Update: Plead not guilty; Bond will continue. Defense wanted Signature bond so she could get out of jail & go to daughter’s funeral. Requested denied, unless she comes up with $75K in cash. Next hearing 7/24.
7/24/18 Update: Defendant's motion for continuance is sustained. The case is continued to 7/31/18 @ 9am for Docket Call/Bond Hearing.

07/25/2018 Judge/Clerk - Note
DEFENDANT'S ATTORNEY'S OBJECTION TO CAMERAS IN THE COURT IS SUSTAINED. THE COURT ORDERS NO CAMERAS OF ANY KIND BE PERMITTED IN THE COURTROOM IN DEFENDANT'S CASE DURING THE PENDENCY OF THE CASE. LA/kjs
Filed By: LOUIS ANGLES

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/searchDockets.do

So no camera's in the court room today. Doesn't mean no reporter's though. I will check in a little bit to see if they update again for todays proceedings.

07/31/2018 Bond Reduction Order
Filed By: LOUIS ANGLES
Hearing Scheduled
Scheduled For: 08/28/2018; 9:00 AM ; LOUIS ANGLES; Clay
Hearing Continued/Rescheduled
DEF'S MOTION FOR BOND REDUCTION IS SUSTAINED. BOND REDUCED FROM $75,000.00 TO $25,000.00 (CASH OR SURETY ONLY). BOND CONDITIONS: SUPERVISION BY NDS. DEFENDANT TO REPORT WITHIN 24 HOURS OF RELEASE FROM CUSTODY AND THEREAFTER EVERY WEEK AS DIRECTED. DEFENDANT TO SUBMIT TO DRUG TESTING AS DIRECTED. DEFENDANT TO HAVE A GPS MONITORING DEVICE IN PLACE PRIOR TO RELEASE FROM CUSTODY. DEFENDANT MUST MAINTAIN FULL-TIME EMPLOYMENT AND BE PREPARED TO SHOW PROOF EACH TIME DEFENDANT COMES TO COURT. DEFENDANT NOT TO POSSESS WEAPONS OF ANY KIND. DEFENDANT NOT TO HAVE CONTACT WITH ALLEGED VICTIM, JAR, DIRECT OR INDIRECT. DEFENDANT TO OBEY ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS. DEFENDANT NOT TO LEAVE THE STATE OF MISSOURI WITHOUT COURT PERMISSION. DEFENDANT TO APPEAR IN COURT ON ALL COURT DATES. STATE BY PROSECUTING ATTORNEY. DEFENDANT IN CUSTODY & BY ATTORNEY. DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR CONTINUANCE IS SUSTAINED. THE CASE IS CONTINUED TO 8/28/2018 AT 9:00 A.M. FOR DOCKET CALL. LA/aes
Hearing Continued From: 07/31/2018; 9:00 AM Hearing

Just so you know I don't make this all in Caps it comes this way from the website.

I imagine they are waiting on Tox screen from the autopsy for the girls before they determine any further charges. imo

Another tragic story on the death of sisters left in a car in Texas.

Two young sisters died after after their mother intentionally left them in a car for more than 15 hours, Texas authorities said Friday.
The girls' mother, Amanda Hawkins, 19, was charged with two counts of abandoning or endangering a child, Kerr County Sheriff W.R. "Rusty" Hierholzer said in a news release.
Hawkins and a 16-year-old male friend initially took the children to Peterson Regional Medical Center in Kerrville, but the girls were found to be in "grave condition" and transferred to University Hospital in San Antonio, the release said.

2 Texas toddlers died after being left in car overnight - CNN

Another tragic story on the death of sisters left in a car in Texas.

Two young sisters died after after their mother intentionally left them in a car for more than 15 hours, Texas authorities said Friday.
The girls' mother, Amanda Hawkins, 19, was charged with two counts of abandoning or endangering a child, Kerr County Sheriff W.R. "Rusty" Hierholzer said in a news release.
Hawkins and a 16-year-old male friend initially took the children to Peterson Regional Medical Center in Kerrville, but the girls were found to be in "grave condition" and transferred to University Hospital in San Antonio, the release said.

2 Texas toddlers died after being left in car overnight - CNN

here's WS thread:

TX - Addyson Overgard-Eddy & Brynn Hawkins, die in hot car,Kerr Co.,Jun 2017 *Arrest*

I've been trying to find the status of this case. What I have read is that JR did in fact make bail, and then was re-arrested for violation of the terms. The bond, which had been lowered and subsequently allowed her to be released, was once again put up high..200k, cash only, I believe I read. Autopsies had not been released at that time, so the charges are still the same. I don't know how to capture the report I read, other than a screen shot, but it would be of a Facebook post, so, not possible to post here. Perhaps another sleuther can find that? (There is a legal document, if you know how to find it, which I do not.)

I've been trying to find the status of this case. What I have read is that JR did in fact make bail, and then was re-arrested for violation of the terms. The bond, which had been lowered and subsequently allowed her to be released, was once again put up high..200k, cash only, I believe I read. Autopsies had not been released at that time, so the charges are still the same. I don't know how to capture the report I read, other than a screen shot, but it would be of a Facebook post, so, not possible to post here. Perhaps another sleuther can find that? (There is a legal document, if you know how to find it, which I do not.)
There’s another bond hearing on 8/30/18 at 9:00 am. Looks like she was served with a grand jury indictment on 8/8/18. I can’t see anything that says she broke the rules other than there are probably new charges with another bond of $200,000. An arraignment was held on 8/16/18.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back