Found Deceased MO - John Forsyth, 49, doctor, Mercy ER Clinic, Cassville, 21 May 2023 *car found* #2

TwinkieDefense

Reaction score
May 22, 2023 article - indicates this doctor was last seen at his place of work @ 7 a.m. Sunday, and his car was later found in a Cassville park. Please call the Barry County E911 at (417) 847-3121 or the Cassville Police Department with information. Cassville is a small town in the southwest part of MissourI with around 3,200 people.

[…]

Law enforcement says he stays in a trailer near the hospital when he works in Cassville. Police believe that after he left the clinic, he went back to his trailer for a short amount of time.

[…]

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
“It was cold. He was zip-tied. He was made to feel very unsafe and taken on a car ride with some people to a bridge and he was threatened,” Richard said.

How does he get from being threatened at the bridge back to MA's house? Did the kidnappers drop him off there? Did they take him back to his car and he drove with zipped hands?

Anyway he shows up zip-tied and half frozen at the door but MA agrees not to call the cops. Why would that be?

it didn't happen IMO

@Ontario Mom - past the 14.22 mark
In addition to the dual citizenship us/canadian passports, he mentioned a Canadian Native Tribe that was a soverign nation that his brother has an ID for. Supposedly one can travel anywhere on this ID. He was hoping his brother disappeared and was just hanging out on the reservation.
That's kinda weird we do have treaty cards here if you have status but they are Canada wide your parents must have status for you to receive and only good for land travel across the border .I've never heard of a sovereign nation card,my children are Metis their cards are no good at borders jmoo

The only document I can think of is an Indian Status card, which can be presented instead of a passport to drive across the Canada/US border, and entitles the person to some government benefits. I suppose if it's tied to a particular band, there would be family and he'd have been able to live with them on the reserve, but it wouldn't entitle someone to stay with strangers on a random reserve.

Like a passport, it's available to children of a status Indian, so my guess is one of his parents or grandparents came from an indigenous group in Canada.

JMO
I'd read that he was Canadian but hadn't heard anything about him being indiginous having an Indian Status card until now. Does anyone know what province he was originally from?

Not usually. Some states have laws against that, especially in hospital settings. I think if it was an NP, R would have said "colleague" or something similar. IMO, physician would mean some other doctor.

True.... that IS why i put it in quotes. I am just thinking of rural settings where NPs are still l called "doc". But I suppose that is a stretch, for this discussion.

IMO, the one thing that doesn't seem to align with suicide is getting engaged three days prior. We haven't been told of any prior history of depression or previous suicide attempts, so what changed in those three days?
My question...did he even want to get married? He just left a lengthy marriage and obviously is unfaithful during marriage. He may have just wanted to live his life as a divorcee. Perhaps he felt enormous guilt for what he had put his previous wife through. Just some of my thoughts.

My question...did he even want to get married? He just left a lengthy marriage and obviously is unfaithful during marriage. He may have just wanted to live his life as a divorcee. Perhaps he felt enormous guilt for what he had put his previous wife through. Just some of my thoughts.

As I stated upthread, I really think that the announcement of an impending marriage was in the works throughout her pregnancy. My guess is that he promised her this, as soon as his divorce was finalized.

I do not think that the announcement three days prior has anything to do with pointing towards homicide or suicide. It was just their plan.

As of a few days ago, I was leaning towards 'homicide' based on one simple fact. However, learning a bit more about the 'estate confusion issues', TODAY, I am leaning towards suicide.

Ha! That trickly little needle shivers and wiggles!!

I do feel, if suicide, John would do everything in his power to make it look like homicide.
Primarily, for religious reasons. moo

Remember that R has a JD degree - probably learned how to give/take 'interviews.'

Why did he use the word 'physician' rather than 'doctor?'

To steer away from LKB???

We live in The Ozarks, and agree that it is fairly common for a Physician Assistant to be casually referred to as "Doc (First Name.)"

(Especially if that PA is male imho. :rolleyes: )

Now one male PA, now retired, mentioned that to me & laughed, saying, "Doc, he** Nope, THAT guy is down the hall if you want him. Leave me out of that!"

Great health care provider, as are all the PAs & NPs/APNs I've ever known!

he was Canadian
he had dual citizenship

Yes, the brother explained that. They're originally from Alberta, IIRC. Dr. F probably needed dual citizenship to work in the US for a long time. That means he would have a passport for both countries. Having a "passport" to the First Nation reservations is probably a routine thing for people who live there.

John and Richard Forsyth were among seven siblings in an extended family with more than 100 cousins. The brothers grew up both in southwest Missouri and Alberta, Canada, and had dual American and Canadian citizenship, Richard Forsyth said.

Anyone want to volunteer to do a timeline with links?

I'm also curious about why a briefcase with his physician/work-related papers was found in his car. His brother said that was very unusual because doctors keep close tabs on those briefcases. They don't carry them everywhere. I assume they're files related to patients he's currently treating and are kept confidential because of HIPAA regulations.

The keys to his RV were also in the car.

RV was unlocked.

It almost sounds like he was grabbed by someone before he got to the RV. If so, they used his keys to enter the RV.

If he were committing suicide, why would he leave those important papers in his car? Why would he leave the keys to the RV if the RV was unlocked?

If he disappeared for other reasons or was trying to escape someone threatening, he wouldn't leave those papers in the unlocked car.

If he was kidnapped, why would his captors remove his briefcase and leave it in the car?

Scenario #1 - he was grabbed by his killers before he got to the RV. He was probably carrying his briefcase. They probably used his RV keys to open the RV to search for something, then left it unlocked.

Scenario #2 - he was planning to leave for a while and took his briefcase and other work related items, but was intercepted.

Scenario #3 - he was taken from the RV by someone and made to bring his work briefcase, phones and passport, RV left unlocked. (this seems less likely)

I'm also curious about why a briefcase with his physician/work-related papers was found in his car. His brother said that was very unusual because doctors keep close tabs on those briefcases. They don't carry them everywhere. I assume they're files related to patients he's currently treating and are kept confidential because of HIPAA regulations.

The keys to his RV were also in the car.

RV was unlocked.

It almost sounds like he was grabbed by someone before he got to the RV. If so, they used his keys to enter the RV.

If he were committing suicide, why would he leave those important papers in his car? Why would he leave the keys to the RV if the RV was unlocked?

If he disappeared for other reasons or was trying to escape someone threatening, he wouldn't leave those papers in the unlocked car.

If he was kidnapped, why would his captors remove his briefcase and leave it in the car?

Scenario #1 - he was grabbed by his killers before he got to the RV. He was probably carrying his briefcase. They probably used his RV keys to open the RV to search for something, then left it unlocked.

Scenario #2 - he was planning to leave for a while and took his briefcase and other work related items, but was intercepted.

Scenario #3 - he was taken from the RV by someone and made to bring his work briefcase, phones and passport, RV left unlocked. (this seems less likely)
I would have thought, as an ER doc employed at the hospital, all patient medical records would be the property of the hospital. And that’s where they were to be kept. It’s not like he was in private practice.
Maybe I’m misunderstanding what the work related papers are?

MOD NOTE: Quoted post appears to have been deleted if you click to go to it, but that's because I made a giant mess while opening the new thread. That post is available here: Found Deceased - MO - John Forsyth, 49, doctor, Mercy ER Clinic, Cassville, 21 May 2023 *car found* #2. Sorry about that. (Knitty)

Last edited by a moderator:
The fiance, has doctorate in nursing, and is a nurse practitioner, so could def be interpreted to be a "physician".
I relistened to the interview where i heard Richard discuss this and he actually referred to the "mutual acquaintance" as "the doctor". I translated that to physician.

I have worked with nurse practitioners that have their doctorate and have not seen them referred to as doctors in clinical settings. I have seen them introduced at conferences or in a research context as Dr. So-and-So.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici
Back