MO MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indy:

Thanks for not taking offense to what I said. Or course I should have read everything before I said anything. I did read alot before I finally became a registered user here.

But I lost it today when I read that Kara might have been found and spoked for the first time on WS.

I will read more before I say anything and hopefully be able to contribute something worthwhile. I will also do the same on the site for the Stanley Sisters which I have been following with much distress. (As a parent, I can't even imagine losing 2 daughters within a week)!!!!!

In the meantime, all you "seasoned" WS's KEEP SLEUTHING!!! You really
are all amazing!
No worries, Littledeer! It is difficult to keep up with so many threads here. It is rather like reading several novels at a time. That is why most of us keep coming back day after day to try to keep up on the latest news instead of trying to catch up which can take hours sometimes. :eek:

:) We are very happy you came out of lurkville and decided to post! Just jump right in here and speak your mind...you don't have to wait until you are all caught up. I never did. :D

Hope you are feeling some better this evening. Some cases can take a lot out of you especially with the ups and downs. I left and went shopping which always settles me down. :innocent:

(Seasoned only means we caught the WS addiction earlier than others. LOL)

I have become addicted to reading here, but am I now going to become addicted to speaking what I think??

I hope so in time!!!!

Need to spend some time also in learning the basics here too! (like how to have a signature, etc.)

But that is TOTALLY UNIMPORTANT!! WHERE IS KARA???????

That is what we have been asking for 5 months.....Again so glad you have joined.

Indy:

What the heck are the chances for young innocent children to be on a hayride to have an accident in Centerville?????????????????? Doesn't that town have enough to handle???

I have become addicted to reading here, but am I now going to become addicted to speaking what I think??

I hope so in time!!!!

Need to spend some time also in learning the basics here too! (like how to have a signature, etc.)

But that is TOTALLY UNIMPORTANT!! WHERE IS KARA???????
I think there is a thread at the bottom of the first page which explains signatures, Littledeer.

We ask that question ten times a day. I guess we will have to exercise patience to that end and keep praying for her.

Sorry Guys, another thing I need to learn.

Stay on the topic that your are in!!!!

SORRY!!! I think I will just step back again and be a lurker.

Good evening everyone-just got home from work, and this thread has exploded once again,lol. I'm happy to hear it is not Kara-but I sure would like to see a news article about it. I'll see if I can find one.
ETA:Welcome littledeer, don't be intimidated. Everyone was new at some point.

Welcome to websleuths LittleDeer! I have been a TRUE CRIME junkie for quite a few years now. Time dosen't allow me to post much but I check in from time to time to see how cases are moving along.

Thanks for all the advice!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have lots of paper next to me and jotting notes down from different sites,...........maybe they might have a connection?? Oh heck.....who knows.

CC:

i agree!!!!! How many parents are out there now wondering if this is their daughter??? How sad!! But like you said, if no one is............we ALL will keep looking for justice!!!

You would think now that this body has been found and Kara still missing they would consider some extensive searches. Kelsey Smith was taken close to there as well which is one of the reasons we considered Edwin Hall.

Typically teen runaways don't stay gone as long as Kara has been and she wasn't known to be involved with anyone that may have taken her to another state. The other(teenage) girls missing in that area include one that's been gone since Dec. of last year and another from April.

way to many females gone in a concentrated area in a relatively short period of time.

I think we are looking at a serial ...............

Don't want to use a word at the end of that........coudl be one or more of those types that are involved here. (killer, pedophile, abuser, etc.)

SS: I sent a pm to you.

HOmecoming is over and my daughter made it home before curfew. Thought I could have a few worry free minutes but then I got on the computer.

I am so sad and relieved that this is not Kara. I am with you all on the mixed feelings. Glad, sad, worried, confused. Oh, my.

Welcome littledeer!

I know this is a long shot but there is another belton teen that has been missing for 11 months and you hardly hear anything about him. Jesse Ross went missing in Chicago while on a trip for school. My husband was on the same trip with a different school. He disappeared from the hotel in the wee hours of the morning. I know there is little to no chance there is a link with Kara, but I find it ironic that they are both from Belton and we are hearing so little about both of them. At least Kara has a thread here at WS but I haven't found one on Jesse.

Good nite all, going to bed with a heavy heart and praying for a family of another UIB.

Indy,

KCMO has a very high homicide rate. It seems like they have over a hundred per year. Lots of drug and gang related murders.

Oh, WAY over a hundred a year. And every year beats the year before. It's a combination of things - an inordinately high percentage of stupid, trashy people (sorry, it's just the truth), gangs, families in their 3rd generation of living entirely on welfare, the most unimaginably corrupt and ineffective public school system anywhere, confiscatory local taxes (which never end up being spent on the things they were earmarked for)... it goes on and on and unfortunately I see little hope that it'll ever change. You could not pay me enough to live in KCMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
solaria