MO - Laclede Co., Hunter Finds Body in Box, Nov'08 - Sharon Sabla

:waitasec:I watch KY3 out of Springfield, MO and they reported she was identified and that an arrest HAD been made, but the sheriff wasn't releasing anymore information. One day he is asking for help identifying her and the next he has arrested someone, sounds like a local to me.

Thanks noway and rosscreek! I will be glued to the TV in the morning.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! This is GREAT! I am so elated! I hope it's legit!!!!!!! Thanks, guys!

This one just states that there's a "break in the case" without any other details.

http://www.kspr.com/news/local/35939959.html

Darn it, I'm at work tomorrow. I'll miss the press conference. Someone keep me updated!!!

The video linked on this page states that he "may" release the information of her identity and if the killer has been arrested.

http://ozarksfirst.com/

I am so happy they id'd her and also that they made an arrest. I wonder if it was from a tip, and will look forward to learning more about this.

This is good news!

According to the video posted by P-grey, the police had already ruled out any local people.

We'll see what happens tomorrow, I guess!

Can't wait!!! Please post links ASAP all you locals! TIA

From article here:

"Horst Gunter Sabla is also charged with armed criminal action in his wife's death.

Prosecutors say Sabla shot his wife in the back of the head at Thompson's RV Park in Lebanon on Aug. 9, 2008.

Her body was found in November, encased in 600 pounds of concrete in a plastic tool box. Sharon Sabla was identified using DNA from her daughter, investigators said."

Any news yet for those of you who can see the press conference? I'm at work, no TV here. :(

EDIT: Thanks, NorthernMagpie!!! I am so glad this man was caught and this woman has a name, now! Wonderful job to the daughter who had enough courage to step up and help investigators! Thank GOD!

Hmmm how ridiculous. He has no priors in the state of Missouri, either. I wonder where he was from originally.

EDIT: He is a local according to court records. They were getting foreclosed on from a house they owned in Lebanon Missouri in May of 08. They were probably living at the trailer park, perhaps.

Wow... i feel so bad thinking it was the person I thought it was. I feel even worse for tihs poor lady and her daughter.

So much for only being dead for about a week to 10 days!!
Did I read that right? She actually was killed in August?

Yep! I was just thinking about that. The concrete preserved her body so well that they thought it was ten days and it was really more than 3 months!

For those interested here is the map of the home they lost on 7/7/08 (point A), the RV park she was murdered in on 8/9/08 (point B), and the area where she was found on 11/16/08 (just a bit south of point C).

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sad...7.761216,-92.81044&spn=0.124853,0.219727&z=12

House they lost? That wasn't in the link for the presser info. Is there another link or is that info somewhere on this thread or another thread?

ETA Never mind. I just missed this a couple of posts down. Do you have a more informative link than the one we've got right now, though, PG?

http://ozarksfirst.com/content/fulltext/?cid=94131

A woman reported her missing; her daughter gave DNA for the match.

"Sabla filled the box with lime and concrete a few days later. He kept the box at their home for several weeks before taking it six miles to the spot off Route AA where it was discovered."

A woman found encased in 600 pounds of concrete in a plastic toolbox in Laclede County last month has been identified.

Prosecutors say 57 year-old Sharon Sabla was allegedly shot by her husband, Horst Gunter Sabla, 54, in the back of the head at Thompson's RV Park in Lebanon on Aug. 9, 2008.

Sheriff Richard Wrinkle says Horst Sabla stuffed the body in a black plastic toolbox and kept it in the garage of the family home. A few days later, Sabla told detectives he filled the box with lime and concrete. Authorities don't know how long he kept Sharon Sabla's body in the home, but he eventually dumped the his wife's body in the box about six miles from the couples home.

Hunters found the plastic hinged toolbox on opening firearms deer season on November 15th, 2008 and smelled a foul oder emitting from it and called 911. Cops had to use bolt cutters to open the box which was locked to break it open.

A break in the case came last Friday when a friend of Sharon Sabla went to the Sheriff's department to say she hadn't seen or heard from her friend in some time. Armed with that information investigators obtained a DNA sample from Sharon Sabla's daughter and it came back positive.

Horst Sabla is charged with first degree murder and armed criminal action; he is being held on no bond. Horst Sabla could also face charges of abandonment of a corpse. His initial arraignment is scheduled for 1:30 today.

House they lost? That wasn't in the link for the presser info. Is there another link or is that info somewhere on this thread or another thread?

ETA Never mind. I just missed this a couple of posts down. Do you have a more informative link than the one we've got right now, though, PG?

I'm having serious issues getting these pages to load.

I went to Mo Casenet and looked it up.

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet

Just plug his last name and first name in there and it'll bring up the foreclosure, another lawsuit he took out against a furniture store, and now the newest charges.

I'm glad they solved this.

Note again, the age given on the UID was way off. Sharon was 57 and they said 30 - 40. Also time missing/time deceased. I guess the lesson is to look at every missing/UID with a very wide angled lense.

I'm so glad this has been solved
But boy was i wrong with my thoughts of a Long legged sexy blonde buxom girl involved with mob guys that got knocked off for knowing too much !

I was sure that this was a mob hit !
Instead it was just a pig of a husband who obviously watched far too much Sopranos or CSI

I wonder what he motive was ?

I'm glad they solved this.

Note again, the age given on the UID was way off. Sharon was 57 and they said 30 - 40. Also time missing/time deceased. I guess the lesson is to look at every missing/UID with a very wide angled lense.

I'm glad too. And you're so, so right. Age and approximate date of death were waaaaaaay off. We need to keep this in mind when looking for possible matches. And IIRC, they said this woman was not missing from the area. Wrong again...

I'm having serious issues getting these pages to load.

I went to Mo Casenet and looked it up.

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet

Just plug his last name and first name in there and it'll bring up the foreclosure, another lawsuit he took out against a furniture store, and now the newest charges.

Passionategray, I hope my post didn't sound too abrupt or rude. I was trying to post it, and kept losing it and was just trying to get my question out. (I had no idea at the time about the news coming out of Orlando, so I thought it was my computer that wasn't working right!) I really appreciate your information!:blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz
Back