MO - Laclede Co., Hunter Finds Body in Box, Nov'08 - Sharon Sabla

Well, I have a detective calling me back today (hopefully) about Sabine. He was on another phone call at the moment.

I'm nervous, I've never called anything in before.

I have never talked to a detective before. LOL. Good luck.

Gall bladder removals are common (I had mine removed due to gallstones some years back) and can be performed at any authorized outpatient facility (I was in at 5am and discharged by 11am-12pm). Some people are even allowed to go back to their normal routine and work the same day.

Laproscopic just means that it was a non-invasive method done via 2 small holes on the right side of the abdomen, a small incision on the upper abdomen, and a 2nd small incision in the belly button (this is the incision the GB is pulled out through) as opposed to the older method which left a long, hideous scar across the entire stomach.

The laproscopic scars can be quite gross looking, sometimes it's more interesting to tell people you lost a fight with kitchen utensils, such as a 2 pronged fork. :D If you don't know what the scars look like, you won't ultimately know off hand what they're from as it looks more like you've been stabbed and shot with a BB Gun.

Here's more on the removal itself and the whys of removal:
http://health.discovery.com/encyclopedias/illnesses.html?article=857

could this woman have went to Chicago for her Gallbladder Removal: Laparoscopic?
Can LE check medical records of anyone who had this procedure in the two-state area?
How common is it?

They are supposed to have a tip line in place early next week for the case. I was told that a media blitz is getting ready to happen and "you're not going to be able to go anywhere in the United States and not hear people talking about this case."

Ok, I just got off the phone with the detective. He told me that it will hit major national news networks on Monday, so keep any eye out for it.

He also asked me specifically to post this here to all of you guys, so here it goes:

Any tips that you have, and he does mean absolutely ANY, even the silliest sneaking suspicion, he wants you to call the Missouri Information Analysis Center (MIAC). The phone number is 1-866-362-6422. He said that they are in charge of logging all tips and they are personally following up on each one.

He also said that if any of you are missing any family members or have a sneaking suspicion that this woman may be a family member of yours, you should definitely call. Regardless of relation, they are sending out people to do DNA swabs for anyone that thinks this woman may be family. So if you know of anyone who is wondering about a certain family member, have them call and they'll send someone out to take a DNA test.

I will call in the morning about Sabine, unless you wanted to do it yourself Kiva. Let me know! It was your hunch so you can follow up on it if you'd like.

I actually talked to him for a bit and he seems so sincere and really wants to solve this case so we can bring her murderer to justice. I agree 100%!

doesn't hurt to call. They are looking for any and every lead possible.

I also had an ex-employee just up and move -- leave the state right around this time. He just married this woman with money but all I know is her first name. From what his friends said, he just didn't call or show up to work around November 7 and 8th. He wouldn't return calls or anything.
I'm betting it's not her, but she does match the description with hair, weight, well-manicured. I just don't know the woman's last name.
And actually, I'd day she's more around 120 to 130 pounds...

Do you know his name? Maybe you can call in a tip... have them check into the situation to see if she is still around. Is he the type of person to do something like this?

Is it possible that the box *fell* off a ute/truck etc ? then you wouldn't need numerous people or a crane..
Or as someone else suggested if you have one of those tiploading utilities you could position it so that it would slide off..
But then the Killer would know it would be found ..

I think it Fell off the Ute somehow ? and then the killer couldn't *pick it up*

Just a silly thought lol as I know a very heavy concrete block would be hard to *fall off* but if it was on the edge and took a corner ?????

Being put in a concrete box almost sounds like it was on the way to be dropped in a large mass of water never to be seen again..
Almost sounds professional, except for where the box was found (but again ? could have been a accidental drop)

I hope she was Dead before the concrete was poured :( Did the Concrete preserve her ?

I do not know if the concrete preserved her or not. However, the concrete dried out her facial features enough that a composite sketch was not possible to complete. I read this on a website / news source. I am sorry that I do not have the link.

I think this is the same paper that listed there was a "fowl" odor coming from the container instead of "foul".

Maybe its Big Bird?

Seriously, though, this is a creepy and sad case. I hope they do come up with something here.

Still no news on the Sabine case down here in FL. It has seeminlgy gone dead.

Do you all think the concrete being poured on her was someone who was smarter than the average person? I mean, I would have never thought to pour concrete on someone and that it would make identifying the person nearly impossible.
But then again, I would never kill anyone!! :eek:
I wonder, too, like some of you whether or not the concrete was used to make the container/tool box into a weight of some sort and it fell off the truck and that the person was really hoping to drop the person in some water. It depends which way the person was driving, but Lake of the Ozarks and of course the Mississippi and Missouri rivers could have been potential dumping grounds.

I've seen a few cases where an artist took the decomposing skull of an unidentified person and put clay on it to create a "face". I wonder if that can be done in this case. Or was the skull totally unidentifiable too?
The sheriff has fingerprints of the victim and DNA, I thought I read. I guess running checks on that came back with nothing since this person was likely never in trouble.

I should stop thinking this unidentified person is the wife of my ex band member. I just found out, though, that she does have a 10 year old daughter somewhere in town. According to the police report, they believe this woman gave birth at least once. :(
It's just so odd that he picked up and they moved to the West coast with no notice and skipped out on gigs without calling or telling anyone. Either way, whether this is her or not, one of them is obviously in some sort of trouble to just pick up and leave your life with no notice.

PS the big bird comment made me laugh.

I would think the concrete and box would be some sort of weight to dump the body into water. Although it would be kind of heavy so you would need several people and a largish boat. Maybe they got tired of lugging it around and dumped it? Or perhaps the truck got a flat by the side of the road? etc.

Respectfully snipped...
I should stop thinking this unidentified person is the wife of my ex band member. I just found out, though, that she does have a 10 year old daughter somewhere in town. According to the police report, they believe this woman gave birth at least once. :(
It's just so odd that he picked up and they moved to the West coast with no notice and skipped out on gigs without calling or telling anyone. Either way, whether this is her or not, one of them is obviously in some sort of trouble to just pick up and leave your life with no notice.

I do not think you should stop thinking about this. I think you should call the tip line number that was at the top of this page. The dates and ages match up. St. Louis is not far from where the body was dropped. It is just off of Hwy 44 (I think) which goes west from St. Louis.

Please call the tip line and give them the info you have given us. They are asking for any and all leads. You band member left at the same time this murder happened. No explainations given. Even if you only have a first name of the woman, didn't you say they recently married??? If you have your band member/ex-employee's name, they can check that for a marriage license. At this point, any lead- no matter how far fetched you might think it to be would be a good lead.

I think there are too many things that don't add up in this situation that you mentioned. I also think you are questioning it yourself, or else you would never have brought it up.

PLEASE< PLEASE< PLEASE call the tip line.

Jane

I emailed the Sheriff yesterday with all the info I had.
I haven't heard back yet.
Maybe he's off the weekend or checking it out.

I am surprised that there has been no news on this for about 5 days. Nothing new.
:(
You'd think there's be an update or something.

I hope they check their emails there. There was a Web site for Laclede County with a few email addresses for the Sheriff. I emailed 2 of the email addresses listed and sent all the info I had on this guy and his new wife.

PrayersforMaura~
I agree w/ janiekay. If you have not called, I think you should. Better to have peace that you tried to help rather than uncertainty that you should have......... That is justmy opinion. Please do not think I am trying to be bossy. :)

I am thinking that Carla may have had a good thought. It seems strange that someone would have dumped a body w/ concrete on it on a rural road. It seems more likely that they would have put it in water. W/that kind of weight, it would have sunk immediately and the plastic would have been impervious to water. I really hope the media blita happens tomorrow so that we can learn more and hopefully find out who this poor woman is.........

I hope everyone is having a good day. Where I live it is snowing!!! Carla~ can I come hang out on your lanai??? :)

PrayersforMaura~
I agree w/ janiekay. If you have not called, I think you should. Better to have peace that you tried to help rather than uncertainty that you should have......... That is justmy opinion. Please do not think I am trying to be bossy. :)

I am thinking that Carla may have had a good thought. It seems strange that someone would have dumped a body w/ concrete on it on a rural road. It seems more likely that they would have put it in water. W/that kind of weight, it would have sunk immediately and the plastic would have been impervious to water. I really hope the media blita happens tomorrow so that we can learn more and hopefully find out who this poor woman is.........

I hope everyone is having a good day. Where I live it is snowing!!! Carla~ can I come hang out on your lanai??? :)

PrayersforMaura~

PrayersforMaura~
I agree w/ janiekay. If you have not called, I think you should. Better to have peace that you tried to help rather than uncertainty that you should have......... That is just my opinion. Please do not think I am trying to be bossy. :)

I am thinking that Carla may have had a good thought. It seems strange that someone would have dumped a body w/ concrete on it on a rural road. It seems more likely that they would have put it in water. W/that kind of weight, it would have sunk immediately and the plastic would have been impervious to water. I really hope the media blitz happens tomorrow so that we can learn more and hopefully find out who this poor woman is.........

Okay am I on everyones invisible list ? I already said about the water :(

Okay am I on everyones invisible list ? I already said about the water :(

Sorry Jane. Kudos to you for the water theory.
I read so much that sometimes, I foget things about cases, issues or ideas that have been thought out by other posters. It was not intentional to ignore your idea.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back