MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't 26-30 lbs. awfully big for a 10 month old baby? I know babies can vary a great deal in size but that's a whopper for a girl!

Not really, 26lbs/12kgs would be in the 99th centile for weight (for a female infant) but perfectly healthy and normal when combined with a high height/length centile.

edt to add: from the videos yesterday the parents are not petite, so this is also a consideration.

I saw on a missing poster that Lisa was born on Nov. 10 last year, so she's almost 11 months. That's still rather large for someone her age!

Does anyone have a link for the comment from "cousin Mike"?

30 lbs is huge for 10 months. My 2 & 3 y/o aren't 30 lbs. When this amber alert first popped up I thought it was suspicious, but since the parents are cooperating, I'm sure she's just a big baby.

Wonder if anything unusual happened the day before she was taken ? Any visitors over at the house that day ? Any visitors at the house earlier in the evening ?

I took it as stuff was missing from house along with baby. moo

That is the way I took it also. IF this is true, it just solidifies my thinking that the point of entry was not the window. Don't believe the window theory as it is, but as info comes out and thinking about logic I am becoming more convinced the window was not the way.

That house appears to have the old original wooden windows intact. These houses are 50 yrs old and the old wood windows are a PITA. Definitely not not going to be an easy task to manipulate with a baby in tow much less other stuff also.

Some random reporter/news station tweets:

NBCNews NBC News
Authorities at a loss to explain the disappearance of a 10-month old Kansas baby from her home. STORY/VIDEO: on.msnbc.com/mSgNW5
17 minutes ago

Jayhawk96 Jayhawk96
#KCMO police released both parents from questioning about 10:30 Tuesday night. Searched a car, van near home, found nothing. #fox4kc
4 hours ago

Jayhawk96 Jayhawk96
by CaseSignal
Public and reporters alike are growing restless at the lack of information or solid leads to find Lisa Irwin. Update LIVE on #fox4kc.
29 minutes ago

Jayhawk96 Jayhawk96
@AZEjayhawk Sure thing. We suspected they didn't have a better idea on weight since she wouldn't have had a 12-month check-up yet.
21 minutes ago

Jayhawk96 Jayhawk96
by CaseSignal@
@AZEjayhawk We asked that question yesterday. The family says the 26-30 pound weight range is accurate. Seemed big to us, too.
27 minutes ago

CNNLive CNN Live
Kansas City Police: 10-month-old Lisa Irwin still missing, no "hard" suspect information has been developed. Live: on.cnn.com/cnndcl4
27 minutes ago

JiaoJiaoShen JiaoJiao Shen
KCMO police: #lisairwin parents are being cooperative. Police say it would be beneficial for parents to talk publicly. @NBCActionNews
26 minutes ago

KCMO police: 30 or 40 searching right now. 50 or so ready if needed. Covering neighborhood again, knocking on doors. @NBCActionNews
25 minutes ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

KCMO police: "Absolutely nothing to go on." #lisairwin @NBCActionNews "No plans to shut it down ."
23 minutes ago

NBCActionNews NBC Action News
Cops: No suspect info in search for #LisaIrwin, search continues in #Northland neighborhood pub.vitrue.com/PnK
4 minutes ago

They are calling it a kidnapping on the facebook page!

Does anyone have a link for the comment from "cousin Mike"?

30 lbs is huge for 10 months. My 2 & 3 y/o aren't 30 lbs. When this amber alert first popped up I thought it was suspicious, but since the parents are cooperating, I'm sure she's just a big baby.

It's very possible for an 11mo to be 25-30 lbs. My son was that way...he was in the 90th percentile for an 18mo when he was just 8mo. By the time he was 1, he was already 30+ lbs, and just 3 lbs. less than his 3 1/2yo sister.

My son just turned 3 in July and weighs 44 lbs. My middle daughter is now 5 1/2 and weighs LESS than he does at 42lbs. And my oldest daughter just turned 8 last weekend, and she weighs 50 lbs. So basically, my 3yo is only 6 lbs. less than my 8yo. It just goes to show that all kids grow differently.

Timeline once more until we get something new. Feel free to correct or add. If you do, please bold it for me so I don't miss it.

Lisa Irwin Timeline

Abducted by intruder through bedroom window. Far right window of house. UPDATE—according to police spokesman window may not be correct.

Other two sons asleep in different bedrooms. (sons are half brothers to Lisa-the mothers children from another relationship)

Father is electrician that works nights. Just started job on this night.--Jeremy

Mother is a SAHM--Debbie

Monday October 3, 2011 10:00 p.m. Last seen in crib wearing purple shorts and purple shirt with white kittens on it.

**Possibly seen by Mr. Parscale (a man that lives in the area) according to his wife Lisa around 12:00 a.m. Tuesday wearing only a diaper being carried by a male. Quote from Lisa--“He seen the guy act like he was going to go into a residence,” Parscale said, “but then my husband drove off so we’re thinking that maybe he was just doing that so that my husband would leave.”

**Parscale says her husband saw the man walking on a street perpendicular to North Lister, where Lisa Irwin lives with her parents and brothers.

Tuesday October 4, 2011 3:30 a.m. (first report stated it was 4:00 a.m.) Father returns home from work and discovered baby missing from crib.

UPDATE at 2:00 p.m. October 4 presser Capt. Steve Young speaking—Parents’ story has no holes. Looking into neighbor that possibly saw Lisa being carried by the male. No suspects other than neighbor sighting.

Tuesday October 4, 2011 approx. 7:00 p.m. amber alert cancelled. Lisa is considered a MISSING/ENDANGERED JUVENILE. Per police the alert has served it’s purpose. Police and dogs will search for a while into the night.

*** Tuesday night authorities searched a van and car at the home. There is no word on what police found or were looking for. Officers searching for the child focused on areas near the family's home such as railroad tracks near the north side of the Missouri River and a wooded area behind the home. http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-aut...rch-for-missing-baby-20111005,0,6273053.story

Tuesday 9:25 p.m.

Mass exodus of police from the command center. Looks like K-9's are finished searching for the night. Police search will continue in AM
by cliffjudy via twitter 9:25 P

**family stayed with relatives after being questioned until 10:30 p.m.

Wednesday October 5, 2011

9:00 a.m. press conference Capt. Steve Young speaking—basically no new information. Still searching with dogs, however there have been no hits. Parents not ruled out, but also not suspects. Very cooperative.

Next news conference sometime this afternoon.

That is the way I took it also. IF this is true, it just solidifies my thinking that the point of entry was not the window. Don't believe the window theory as it is, but as info comes out and thinking about logic I am becoming more convinced the window was not the way.

That house appears to have the old original wooden windows intact. These houses are 50 yrs old and the old wood windows are a PITA. Definitely not not going to be an easy task to manipulate with a baby in tow much less other stuff also.

I thought the window kind of looked high off of the ground. ill take another look. it would be hard to get in and get out, moo

I took it as stuff was missing from house along with baby. moo

Perhaps it was a B&E gone bad? Burglars accidently woke the baby, covered her mouth to shut her up, and then took her with them?

I dunno though...if I were a burglar and a baby started crying, I'd just run away like my pants were on fire!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419