MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it matter if she was wearing shorts or not? Nit picking about what the mother put the baby to bed in will not help find Lisa. I'm sorry, don't mean to offend, but I just find the unnecessary judging and scrutiny frustrating. The parents clearly love their baby and even if they don't, the fact that she had shorts on is not a clue to anything. What is a right way to dress a baby for bed for you, isn't the right way for everyone. *sigh*

Ok, am stepping away. I just really feel for the parents. There is looking at all angles of what happened to Lisa, possible parental involvement included and then there is what I consider 'trying to find fault over something that is nothing'.

No offense to anyone, but I just couldn't bite my tongue any longer. This is IMO.

I was out of the house most of the day and have finally managed to wend my way through this thread. Your thoughtful post hasn't escaped me, and I appreciate your candid comments. I was similarly dismayed by some of the judgmental posts about the disappearance (murder) of little Mariha Smith in Detroit.

I grew up in the Motor City in the '50s-60s and will always consider myself a "Motown Girl". That Mariha and her cousins slept on the dining room floor, that Mariha wore a tee-shirt and panties instead of pajamas, or that Mariha had never been to a dentist seemed baffling to many posters, but I didn't find any of these "anomalies" to be troublesome because I understand the culture of the Detroit community. I'm still saddened that there has not been an arrest or charges filed in this case.

I have no reason to suspect that Lisa's parents are in any way responsible for her disappearance, and what the child wore to bed is the least of my concerns. I hope and pray that the beautiful little girl is located soon and returned to her family :praying:

"Ernie Allen of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children said that infant abduction cases are relatively rare. There have been 278 documented cases in which newborns or infants have been abducted since 1983.

Forty-six percent, or 128 cases, involved instances in which the children were taken from health care locations, hospitals, for instance. Forty percent, or 112 cases, involved children taken from homes. Of the total 278 cases, children were returned home safely in 266 instances.

"The typical profile of the abductor of an infant is a woman, usually an emotionally disturbed woman who has lost a child or wants a child for some reason," Allen told ABC News

http://news.yahoo.com/missing-baby-lisa-parents-abductor-took-cell-phones-111518155.html

From what I understand, they were all in one place because mom was reprogramming them because one was broken or something like that.

OK, a thought came into my mind, I am wondering if the mom and Lisa went to the cell phone store and someone that works there took her? They have her personal information and can reprogram the phones. Just a thought.

Not saying that I think the parents were involved, because at this point, I really can not even have an opinion on that yet, BUT....IF they were, taking the cell phones themselves could only make sense IF:

Baby L died and someone (one parent) went to dispose of her somewhere...and had the phone on them, and while they were there, the OTHER parent (or someone else) called them, or they forgot and called, which would now leave evidence on the phone....so, they decided to grab all the phones and dispose of them. They would have to dispose of the ALL the phones in order for their story of why the phone was taken to make any sense.

Or if you wanted to make your home into a crime scene that looks like someone else did it, you might want to get rid of other articles. Something that the residents didn't have a motive for getting rid of.

After all even if the phones are disposed of any calls or pings on that phone can be tracked through the phone provider.

We're now here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150751"]MO AMBER ALERT- Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011-- #4[/ame]

This thread is closed.

Very true.

I confess it does bother me that LE is doing such a large search around the home. And that they have spent so much time in the home. More so than what is usual in missing kids cases.

Another thing that bothers me is that LE keeps offering the assurance that the parents are cooperating, and that they aren't suspects at this time.
That sounds too much like reassurance to the parents that they don't need to lawyer up. The more usual response from LE is to say something like "we haven't ruled anyone out at this point", but if they are pretty confident in the parents they might add "we also have no reason at this point to suspect the parents."

BBM. I think that is exactly what LE is doing. I wonder if LE is working up to requesting them to take a poly.

JMO

Anyone who has or has had a child this age : if they sleep in a dark room ( or one with a soft nightlight ), would it wake them up to be taken into a brightly lit room ? TIA...

Maybe they used chloroform?

MOO, just look at this and a 100 other threads. All dissecting each word, breath, and action of the parents. You can bet your bippy the reporters are doing the same thing. Why? Because in instances like this, we've all seen it play out all too often to be something was done with the child and the abduction a "hoax".

That said, I think LE is reassuring all of us that parents are cooperating because they want to reassure us that parents are cooperating. And probably because each and every reporter keeps asking of them "are the parents being looked at?" "Are the parents still cooperating?" I do not feel LE is reassuring the public of this because parents need to be strung along in to thinking LE is still buying the story.

I would like to think I have a pretty well developed hink meter after my time here at WS. I keep hearing about hink meters going off about this and hink meters going off about that.

Know what mine is saying? These parents adore this child. There parents are not responsible for this child being missing. This child has been taken and they are devastated by it.

Lotta hink meters round here and just as many different readings.

Ya'll want to follow a really hinky case? Go on over to Aliayah's thread. Notice the differences between that abduction and this one. Then we'll talk hink.

I apologize for the rant. I am sick, medicated, worried for this child, heartbroken for these parents and I am logging off for a bit to get my emotions under control.

nursebeeme, if you feel my post is worded too strongly please feel free to delete or snip it. I feel better for having written it.

Thank you for an excellent post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member