MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say it, woman, lol! (unless it will get you a time out ;) )

I'm intrigued that the reporter summed up his spot with saying that mom has a "chequered past", and would have more details tonight at 10... What other details does he have?!

bbm

I can say this: I LOOOOOOVE Websleuths and want to be here a long time. :innocent:

Kansas City Star working this story very hard right now. It's Saturday night and they've got a Sunday edition to put out by around midnight too, so I'm pretty darned sure we can expect something big to happen soon.

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/08/3195138/police-now-interviewing-baby-lisa.html

Oh wfgodot...the only thing BIG I want to see is a police cruiser driving up to the family home and a social worker coming out the back with Baby Lisa in her arms and a kidnapper on their way to jail! Keep the prayers, keep the hope!

KrisColvin Kristi Colvin 

Steve Young just stated "we still don't have any suspects" on TV. So that indicates they don't consider parent(s) suspect I take it.
4 minutes ago

You want to know the frustrating thing? The local affiliate here (tx)just this hour said the parents had been named 'chief suspects by investigators' after the failed LD. This kind of misinformation is unacceptable to say the least.:banghead::furious::banghead: I knew better, but many won't.

Oh wfgodot...the only thing BIG I want to see is a police cruiser driving up to the family home and a social worker coming out the back with Baby Lisa in her arms and a kidnapper on their way to jail! Keep the prayers, keep the hope!

Me too! And everyone here as well. That would be sublime.

Posted on thread that just closed that the teen being discussed there lives at this house.

I'm just not sure this is a wise idea. There are sickos out there that may want to assume something and "take matters in their own hands." Unless an arrest is made and evidence presented that any teen had involvement...I wouldn't go this route. JMHO

Say it, woman, lol! (unless it will get you a time out ;) )

I'm intrigued that the reporter summed up his spot with saying that mom has a "chequered past", and would have more details tonight at 10... What other details does he have?!

That report wasn't biased against the mom or anything. LOL

The details are coming from her "ex" (not really ex) husband so I'm going to have to take them with a big grain of salt. She has custody of their son. I wouldn't expect her ex to necessarily sing her praises simply because of that fact. But if she's such a bad person, then why doesn't her non-ex take her to court to get his son?

Have a feeling there will be a resolution to this baby's disappearance very soon...MOO

Sure do hope so. Please let it be a good resolution but as the minutes tic and the sun rises and sets one starts to lose hope. As a parent, I would never give up

You want to know the frustrating thing? The local affiliate here (tx)just this hour said the parents had been named 'chief suspects by investigators' after the failed LD. This kind of misinformation is unacceptable to say the least.:banghead::furious::banghead: I knew better, but many won't.

Wow! I hate to hear this! That really is some bad info.

Can you send them an email with a link to the correct info?

Going back a ways, I didn't think the crib mattress looked super high. Of course it has been a long time since I had a kid in a crib. My one son never tried to escape...he loved going to sleep at night. The other flipped over the rail once and I think it scared him so bad he knew not to try it again.
I guess I look for the good and it bugs me to see the parenting questioned.
All parents have done dumb stuff, not because we are bad parents but we are human.
I don't know what I think yet. I think I am leaning to it really was an abduction.
I just keep praying for Lisa.

Did i read back a ways that she was named for a Grandmother? Lisa is an old fashioned name....(When I was a kid it was so common...but now it's with Grace and Ava, etc. Love those old names!)

I'm just not sure this is a wise idea. There are sickos out there that may want to assume something and "take matters in their own hands." Unless an arrest is made and evidence presented that any teen had involvement...I wouldn't go this route. JMHO

When I asked the question, I wasn't prepared for that answer. It's my fault for asking so sorry about that...:(

The report I saw said she had a checkered family past. Husband's mom said she lived with them a couple times during their relationship.

I have been gone all day, so haven't been able to catch up..yet
I am in the Northland (Parkville area for anyone wanting to look at a google map for the areas I'm referencing)

My son and I go "power shopping" every Saturday, and we were both quite interested to see how many missing posters we would see today.

North Oak Street Trafficway (major north south artery in the northland)- no signs
Vivion Road - (major east west road in the Northland)- we drove right past Penguin Park where the vigil was held last night - no signs
N.E Antioch Road (another north south road) - no signs
We were in Independence on 40 Highway, Noland Road, 23rd Street and 291 Highway..all of these are heavily congested roads - no signs
210 Highway - just south of the Irwins home and another well traveled highway - no signs
435 Highway driving past the hotel the parents are staying in - no signs

I did see the newscast where the neighbors were putting out flyers around the home, and that of course, needs to be done.

I don't understand the newscast of the young women handing out flyers in the Power & Light district??
Power & Light district...especially in the evenings, is an entertainment/bar/nightlife area.
I'm not saying I would omit that area, but it would NOT be a high priority area within the city.

Very confused

I'm soooooooooooo glad the parents are having a face to face interview with LE. Soooooooooooooo glad!!!

A very good thing! I think LE upset them very badlyJMO, but I think these folks are innocent

The details are coming from her "ex" (not really ex) husband so I'm going to have to take them with a big grain of salt. She has custody of their son. I wouldn't expect her ex to necessarily sing her praises simply because of that fact. But if she's such a bad person, then why doesn't her non-ex take her to court to get his son?

The reporter reminded me of one of those crackheads they pull over and detain on Cops.

I'm just going to come right out and say this..."if these parents are found to be completely innocent and someone else is responsible for Lisa's disappearance, I hope the parents sure the youknowwhat out of KCPD."
What they have put these parents through is unconscionable!

LOL no kidding. They made it sound like she has a horribly sordid past! And then they mention they also talked to the husband's ex, but didn't go into any detail at all?! By hitting up the exes they're really digging for dirt.

At least, though, mom's ex-inlaws said she was a good mother/person and they "couldn't wrap their minds around" her harming baby Lisa.

Something big needs to break soon for baby Lisa, or this case is all going to go the way of the Hailey Dunn case, with all the family bickering and gossip and airing of dirty laundry!

Very well said. In "matrimonial situations", there is nothing an "ex" (or would be ex) loves more than something "questionable" happening vis-a-vis their spouse or ex-spouse. Oh, boy! Jump all over it. Yes, sir!! If you can get them in prison, you're home free. You get custody. If there's a house, you get that. And no support... the state will take care of that.

So...info coming from an "ex", or even worse, a would-be-ex, should be taken with an entire mine of salt.

Sorry if I've missed a lot, but this looks like an abandoned house? Or a really unkempt one. How does this house fall into the story?

There is no name attached to the address (gained via google view) in Knowx. I hope that's an ok sleuth to mention as it produced nothing. There appear to be civilians in the yard speaking to officers, though. I have no idea what the significance is, but you would think neighbors would notice any recent squatter or shenanigans. Wasn't there, per a local, discusison of a nearby foreclosed property being renovated?

If you are out there, local person, is this the non-lived in house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500