MO MO - Melissa Peskey, 40, shot and killed, Boonville, 13 Dec 2018

Maybe it was a case of mistaken identity, or even another beltway shooter like we had with Malvo in the DC area 15 years ago?

Sadly, I personally think it was directed at Mrs. Peskey by her spouse or someone he knows/hired, especially after she packed up the kids and took off mid-week to get away from him. Sounds like an argument may have happened and she got out of there quick. It would be interesting to hear what the conversations were like with her friend that she visited? That might help put it all in context and/or provide the motive?

( Qmfr:
Behind here and catching up, but check this out guys, slightly o/t, the murder of little Jazmine Barnes (shot in Walmart parking lot, I mentioned it upstream) has turned out to be a “random shooting” it seems!!!

TX - Jazmine Barnes, 7, shot/killed, Walmart parking lot, gunman still at large, Houston, Dec 2018

“"Mother & daughter were in a car leaving a store when an unknown male began shooting into their car for an unknown reason," Sheriff Ed Gonzalez tweeted."”

Just noting for reference they were on the Beltway 8 feeder road. Again not saying there is a relation, just noting the similarities of these crimes)

One of the first things that stands out - unless the day was mixed up as to when the attempted contact occurred (by either the husband or the reporter).
Husband A 'Person of Interest' in Sioux Falls Realtor's Death

My understanding is that the shooting and accident was Thursday night late. His children would know who their dad was and their address. Her driver's license would offer up an address. Her phone may or may not have had him as a contact. So, I wonder about why it is that the call doesn't happen until 11pm the following day some 24 hours later.

Usually police make such a notification in person. Missouri police would have contacted local police and asked them to make contact with her husband. If they didn't, I am curious why they didn't. It is quite possible that an attempt to contact him in person was made but in a situation where there isn't anyone home (or it appears that way) they usually leave a card or a note of some kind to contact them. As I noted before, in running addresses I found her mother had the same address as Melissa and her husband. It is entirely possible that her mother didn't live there but if she did then it is a good possibility someone was home. I really would like to hear from law enforcement on this.
My two cents here not sure why it's showing up her Mother lived in Hartford. That isn't correct information. RP's Mother resided in Hartford and they recently had funeral services for his Mother in Hartford. Last I knew her Mother resides in Akron Iowa. So where did they get info to say otherwise? Just my thoughts.

My two cents here not sure why it's showing up her Mother lived in Hartford. That isn't correct information. RP's Mother resided in Hartford and they recently had funeral services for his Mother in Hartford. Last I knew her Mother resides in Akron Iowa. So where did they get info to say otherwise? Just my thoughts.
I have found address references for Melissa's mother at the same address that Melissa lived at. Doesn't mean that she actually lived there but for whatever reason the sites that produce such address history information do have that address listed for her.

And for other addresses for her mother they have her in two different towns in Iowa but Akron is not one of those.

I was a Classmate of hers we graduated from West Sioux in Hawarden Iowa. She Grew up in Chatsworth Iowa. While I did in Hawarden. So that would be a possible address it's just weird it put her Mother at that address in South Dakota because for as long as I've known the family she is only one that left Iowa. So with that being said Technology at its finest might not be so reliable. JMO

I was a Classmate of hers we graduated from West Sioux in Hawarden Iowa. She Grew up in Chatsworth Iowa. While I did in Hawarden. So that would be a possible address it's just weird it put her Mother at that address in South Dakota because for as long as I've known the family she is only one that left Iowa. So with that being said Technology at its finest might not be so reliable. JMO
Sometimes it is right, sometimes it is wrong. That is the way such information is.

By some surprise I looked myself up and every address I lived at up to my current one are correct a long with phone numbers. Thank you for sharing this site. I'm not too smart when it comes to computers internet and technology. I consider myself old school.

Pop
Sometimes they will show all known relatives at the same address.

Yeah, most of the time it is the husband or significant other, or an ex. I am currently working 4 cases (among others) where it is almost certain that it is the other guy involved that likely killed a woman that was currently married at the time.

That was about to blow up the other guys world and that was enough to be in extreme danger.

BBM

MSM indicates the marriage was over -- was there a Significant Other who wouldn't take NO for an answer?

Missouri Investigators Pursue 92 Leads In Melissa Peskey Murder Case

Here’s an article stating that they are recreating the crash scene, more leads have come in, and her coworkers at ML have not been questioned (yet). Also, that RP called police back at 2 am that morning.

Her office also says she did not resign prior to her trip.
So this means that if he did call them back at 2:00am and he was at home in Hartford then he could not have done it. If it turns out he was only some 200 miles from the crash then it is likely him. By now law enforcement would know where his phone was located when they called around 11:00pm and they would also know where the phone he called them from was located at 2:00am. Also, they would know if his phone was forwarded to another phone and if so where that phone was at those times.

Based on her employer saying she had not resigned it means that what her friend said in the GH interview was wrong.

Is there any way a person could catch a flight from Boonville to Sioux Falls? I'm not too familiar with private planes, but someone that works in aviation may know more about that.

In short, I don't think so JMHO.

Of course general aviation airports are in most towns, a collaborator/henchman could be waiting ready to take off BUT remember that activities at airports are regulated for safety.

There is a regional airport in Columbia, MO, within 45 minutes of the location; Marshall to the west.

Whiteman Air Force Base w/Stealth bomber is to the west & south of I-70. Surface & air activity monitored, you betcha.

Over an hour to the downtown airport in Kansas City, longer to the international.

(BTW Downtown airport is spooky -- you fly in & out directly over gigantic fuel storage tanks....)

JMHO YMMV

Is there any way a person could catch a flight from Boonville to Sioux Falls? I'm not too familiar with private planes, but someone that works in aviation may know more about that.

Boonville airport: Jesse Viertel Memorial Airport - Wikipedia

This would be a small airport that probably doesn't have regularly scheduled passenger flights, but they might have charter or "air taxi" type of service, as well as personal aircraft.

Small personal aircraft aren't required to file a flight plan. I don't know how much information they have to provide.

The only person saying he called the police back at 0200 is the self-proclaimed POI, correct? I don't recall LE stating this.
Right, but because LE has not said it was false doesn't make it false. Law enforcement could say if they wanted to. As it is, I stand by the assertion that if it was her husband it would mean that he showed a complete reckless disregard for the life and safety of his children and even if law enforcement could not yet make a case, child protective services in Missouri could have taken steps to drag out returning the children to him or reached out and encouraged Melissa's family to intervene. Since that did not happen I think we have to be open to something else at play here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back