MO MO - Melissa Peskey, 40, shot and killed, Boonville, 13 Dec 2018

You're welcome, Gardenista.

It is an interesting interview with the anonymous friend of Melissa Peskey. She sure had a lot of inside information. I listened to the entire episode. It was quite revealing. The friend seemed genuine and credible.

We still do not know if the husband got the kids back yet (they were in foster care in Missouri following the accident). Although he said that LE has designated him a "POI", I don't think I have seen anything in the media that corroborates the claim.

In my opinion, I don't believe this was a random road-rage incident. I do believe she was targeted, with absolutely no regard for the lives of the children.

Well, this case is going to be interesting given that where she was shot in relation to where she lived is at least 475 miles (over 7 hours) by car. Her husband says he is a POI, per media reports. So, how does he pull this off? Not easily, that is for sure.

At that distance you are near the range limits, if not over, where it would have been necessary to stop for fuel, bathroom, eat, etc.

How would one be able to follow someone for that kind of distance and not end up creating some distance between vehicles or not be noticed as the same vehicle behind you hour after hour like that? Was there more than one opportunity over that distance to attempt a shot but there was other traffic around (you would have to get close enough to see before the attempt)? Or did it not matter and that just so happened to be where the vehicles caught up to each other?

At any rate, some things I would like to know are: Did she talk with anyone on the phone while driving or at any stop along the way? Who knew of her plans ahead of time? Who knew that was coming? Did she take money out of the bank? Had she already set up a different account? It does cost money if you are going to travel from South Dakota to North Carolina, especially when traveling with kids.

Someone had to have some idea of what was going on. She had to have taken the kids out of school since it wasn't time for the Xmas break yet. It was said in the GH interview that she resigned from her job that same day. So, what was the plan? Was she planning on returning to South Dakota or not?

Records I have found show that her, her husband, and her mother share the same address in Hartford. Naturally, I wonder what her mother knew about what was going on.

Well, this case is going to be interesting given that where she was shot in relation to where she lived is at least 475 miles (over 7 hours) by car. Her husband says he is a POI, per media reports. So, how does he pull this off? Not easily, that is for sure.

At that distance you are near the range limits, if not over, where it would have been necessary to stop for fuel, bathroom, eat, etc.

How would one be able to follow someone for that kind of distance and not end up creating some distance between vehicles or not be noticed as the same vehicle behind you hour after hour like that? Was there more than one opportunity over that distance to attempt a shot but there was other traffic around (you would have to get close enough to see before the attempt)? Or did it not matter and that just so happened to be where the vehicles caught up to each other?

At any rate, some things I would like to know are: Did she talk with anyone on the phone while driving or at any stop along the way? Who knew of her plans ahead of time? Who knew that was coming? Did she take money out of the bank? Had she already set up a different account? It does cost money if you are going to travel from South Dakota to North Carolina, especially when traveling with kids.

Someone had to have some idea of what was going on. She had to have taken the kids out of school since it wasn't time for the Xmas break yet. It was said in the GH interview that she resigned from her job that same day. So, what was the plan? Was she planning on returning to South Dakota or not?

Records I have found show that her, her husband, and her mother share the same address in Hartford. Naturally, I wonder what her mother knew about what was going on.

Her friend said he knew details about meetings she had with clients so she suspected he had some sort of tracking/listening device on her. Maybe he began following right when she left?

Can someone give a brief (or MORE!) of the interview with friends. For some reason my speakers are on the blink.... :(

TIA! :)

Based on the friend’s knowledge - she had quit her job and took the kids. They were headed to North Carolina. Issues in the marriage. Husband knew details of meetings with her clients so she felt he was tracking her movements.

Based on the friend’s knowledge - she had quit her job and took the kids. They were headed to North Carolina. Issues in the marriage. Husband knew details of meetings with her clients so she felt he was tracking her movements.

In the interview, her friend said that she had previously visited the NC friend(s), I think in the summer. The husband initially said that his wife was headed to Missouri; later, he changed his story to say that she was going to North Carolina.

The friend also said that when husband returned in November from deployment (Afghanistan, I believe), that neither Melissa nor the kids were there to welcome him back -- a very pointed slight to his way of thinking. So, he may have harbored ill feelings towards his own children.

In my opinion, he could have done this, or hired the job out.

Last edited:
Based on what was said in the interview with GH I have been trying to figure out the unit that returned from deployment and possibly how long they were deployed.

The only one I found in the November time frame was this one.
Soldiers return home

Fifteen members of the North Dakota Army National Guard's 191st Military Police Company are returning home Wednesday after a year-long mission in Afghanistan.

Throughout the day, soldiers will be flying in from Afghanistan to their homes in North Dakota, Minnesota and South Dakota

If that is his unit and they were deployed for a year then I have questions about what was going on here.

If that isn't the unit and someone knows of which unit is the correct one and when that unit returned home (almost always ends up in a newspaper/tv story somewhere) that would be helpful.

One of the first things that stands out - unless the day was mixed up as to when the attempted contact occurred (by either the husband or the reporter).
Husband A 'Person of Interest' in Sioux Falls Realtor's Death

Ryan is also a massage therapist and a South Dakota National Guard member. Ryan told KELOLAND News that he is a person of interest because he didn't answer the phone Friday night at 11 p.m. when authorities called him to inform him his wife of 14-years was dead.

My understanding is that the shooting and accident was Thursday night late. His children would know who their dad was and their address. Her driver's license would offer up an address. Her phone may or may not have had him as a contact. So, I wonder about why it is that the call doesn't happen until 11pm the following day some 24 hours later.

Usually police make such a notification in person. Missouri police would have contacted local police and asked them to make contact with her husband. If they didn't, I am curious why they didn't. It is quite possible that an attempt to contact him in person was made but in a situation where there isn't anyone home (or it appears that way) they usually leave a card or a note of some kind to contact them. As I noted before, in running addresses I found her mother had the same address as Melissa and her husband. It is entirely possible that her mother didn't live there but if she did then it is a good possibility someone was home. I really would like to hear from law enforcement on this.

Jethro4,

Your comment makes a lot of sense. Whatever/whoever happened/committed this offense is a stretch by any imagination, MOO.

1. RP followed her for 400 or so miles until he got alongside her or behind her (at 10:30 PM DARK) and shot her. Alongside would mean he got up beside her and shot through the passenger side of his door and through her window while driving. Or:

He followed her until he finally caught up with her and tailgated her and shot her through his front window (or possibly leaned out and took a shot) but caught her in the back of the head. Which would mean a hole in the back window (I think I read the children were asleep).

2. He hired someone to follow her and assassinate her.

3. A road rage incident in the dark.

4. A lone gunman taking potshots in the dark at cars passing on a highway.

LE will have phone records (hers and his) by now, I would imagine. I do not always hear my cellphone if it goes off at night (but, I am deaf in one ear). Of course, the time of her death allows for the excuse of, "I was asleep and didn't hear the phone."

After listening to GH's yt video, anything is possible. It seems that one scenario is just as far fetched as the other one. But, it does seem he was estranged from both wife and children.

Some really good comments on here, and I can almost hear the wheels turning on this case. SO PUZZLING.

ETA: I just noticed in another comment that RP wasn't notified of wife's death until Friday night, but the accident occurred on Thursday night! I did not pick up on that either. I remember reading that the children had been put in foster care until dad arrived. My heart goes out to them and especially if they were somewhat estranged from him. What a sad, sad story! I hope and pray LE is right on top of it and that those two little ones are safe.

One of the first things that stands out - unless the day was mixed up as to when the attempted contact occurred (by either the husband or the reporter).
Husband A 'Person of Interest' in Sioux Falls Realtor's Death

My understanding is that the shooting and accident was Thursday night late. His children would know who their dad was and their address. Her driver's license would offer up an address. Her phone may or may not have had him as a contact. So, I wonder about why it is that the call doesn't happen until 11pm the following day some 24 hours later.

Usually police make such a notification in person. Missouri police would have contacted local police and asked them to make contact with her husband. If they didn't, I am curious why they didn't. It is quite possible that an attempt to contact him in person was made but in a situation where there isn't anyone home (or it appears that way) they usually leave a card or a note of some kind to contact them. As I noted before, in running addresses I found her mother had the same address as Melissa and her husband. It is entirely possible that her mother didn't live there but if she did then it is a good possibility someone was home. I really would like to hear from law enforcement on this.

I think the timeframe was reported in error by media. It had to have been Thursday, Dec. 13, 2018, at around 11:00 p.m. when they tried to contact him by phone and he didn't answer. He said that he was sleeping, so didn't answer the phone then ... but did answer it "later" (we don't know when "later" was). By that, we know that he didn't call them -- they called him again. If they went to his home and knocked on the door, they weren't able to make contact with him. If they left any kind of notice on his door, he didn't call them to respond to it. That is just what I am speculating based on what has been reported so far.

Her friend said he knew details about meetings she had with clients so she suspected he had some sort of tracking/listening device on her. Maybe he began following right when she left?

Gardenista, I'm thinking the same thing. He may have been waiting at some strategic point as she began her trip and pulled out to follow along on her journey in some generic-looking vehicle. If he rented a vehicle, that would create a paper trail. Maybe he already owns a vehicle that wouldn't cause her to notice him if he lagged behind as he followed. Her vehicle, being a burgundy color or red, would be easy to keep tabs on going down the highway.

Since she had taken the trip to NC before, he may have known what stops she would likely make along the way for gas, food, etc.

He may have had help, too. Using 2-way radio communication between his vehicle and the other, if necessary. He may have placed a tracking device on her vehicle just before she left town, without her knowledge. If so, maybe it stayed on the vehicle during the crash and it will be found.

There are so many scenarios. I am just wondering if he has a solid alibi. I doubt it. I'm sure once the heat is applied he will seek asylum with an attorney.

All simply my own opinion here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back