GUILTY MO - Nicholas, 35, & Justin Diemel, 24, brothers missing, Clinton County, 21 July 2019 *ARREST* #2

Yes, why didn’t he go to LE, he had it on tape. Foster states he contacted ND, wonder what that conversation was?

I’m just saying, if I get ripped off for 100k and have what I heard on his tape, I’d make a bee line for the police. Something ain’t right with this story.

Jmho

+
Yes, why didn’t he go to LE, he had it on tape. Foster states he contacted ND, wonder what that conversation was?

I’m just saying, if I get ripped off for 100k and have what I heard on his tape, I’d make a bee line for the police. Something ain’t right with this story.

Jmho

I agree it is odd he did not go to police about this apparent theft. He should have explained why he did not go to police in his interview. I'm sure there are lots of people questioning this. JMO.

If the agreement between the Diemels is that they pay for the feed/care
as in the previous JN contracts, how is there not enough money for food. It is really bizarre how this kind of thing can happen in such a large quantity. Foster had a USDA report- did the USDA show up or did he call them in because of what happened?

Last edited:
If the agreement between the Diemels is that they pay for the feed/care
as in the previous JN contracts, how is there not enough money for food. It is really bizarre how this kind of thing can happen in such a large quantity. Foster had a USDA report- did the USDA show up or did he call them in because of what happened?
Maybe the agreement was for a fixed amount and the food ended up costing more than that?

I am confused. I wonder if Nelson agreed to raise ND cattle? Then sold them to Foster and again agreed to raise them.

newspressnow.com | St. Joseph news, sports, entertainment and business.

Nelson is known to do cattle business in the Midwest region. According to the Kansas City Star, a Kansas dairy farmer, David Foster, bought more than 100 cattle from Nelson in November.

Foster said the cattle were supposed to graze at Nelson’s farm, but the pair would share in the profit once they were sold. Foster said that Nelson only returned 35 of the cattle and that they were malnourished.

This is what I was trying to say in my last post, but you wrote it better. I did not think of this.
What conniving scheme was he trying to pull off...

I am confused. I wonder if Nelson agreed to raise ND cattle? Then sold them to Foster and again agreed to raise them.

newspressnow.com | St. Joseph news, sports, entertainment and business.

Nelson is known to do cattle business in the Midwest region. According to the Kansas City Star, a Kansas dairy farmer, David Foster, bought more than 100 cattle from Nelson in November.

Foster said the cattle were supposed to graze at Nelson’s farm, but the pair would share in the profit once they were sold. Foster said that Nelson only returned 35 of the cattle and that they were malnourished.
IMO there's something wrong with this story. I feel that some facts have been misreported. I don't see Foster buying over 100 cattle from Nelson in November, but rather from the Diemels. At that point, according to this theory, the Diemels had nothing more to do with that cattle. At the time of the Diemels' visit, there weren't any cattle from that stock on the farm any more, so there had to be more from other deals. According to Foster, the Diemels had a separate agreement with JN that he learned about when he contacted them (quote below). I have seen no numbers or dates in regard to that agreement, only that JN was supposed to raise/feed the Diemels' calves.

He (Foster) found out that Wisconsin brothers had a separate partnership with Nelson, and that the livestock company was also frustrated.

Farmer reveals audio recording of man tied to missing brothers

Last edited:
IMO there's something wrong with this story. I feel that some facts have been misreported. I don't see Foster buying over 100 cattle from Nelson in November, but rather from the Diemels. At that point, according to this theory, the Diemels had nothing more to do with that cattle. At the time of the Diemels' visit, there weren't any cattle from that stock on the farm any more, so there had to be more from other deals. According to Foster, the Diemels had a separate agreement with JN that he learned about when he contacted them (quote below). I have seen no numbers or dates in regard to that agreement, only that JN was supposed to raise/feed the Diemels' calves.

He (Foster) found out that Wisconsin brothers had a separate partnership with Nelson, and that the livestock company was also frustrated.

Farmer reveals audio recording of man tied to missing brothers
From your article, { The two men then partnered in November on some cattle; first a herd of 31, then 100 more from Nick and Justin Diemel’s livestock company in Wisconsin.}

What I'm understanding is the TWO MEN are Foster and Nelson.After all Foster does say they were friends, so they went in together with that deal, but, Nelson reneged.

Is that the way you understand it?

Then when Foster started calling Nick about the poorly taken care of calves and the dead ones, then the Diemel brothers went to Nelsons farm to check their calves out that they kept at Nelsons farm( a different herd,the Diemels private herd )and I assume that either the calves were not there or they were in poor shape. I believe one of the reasons the Diemels went there most likely unannouced was because they got a call from Foster about what had happened to him.(Foster) MOO!! Diemels could have also given Nelson a short notice on coming out there and there was nothing Nelson could do except to plan on killing them, because he's so evil. MY own theory for now :(

Last edited:
From your article, { The two men then partnered in November on some cattle; first a herd of 31, then 100 more from Nick and Justin Diemel’s livestock company in Wisconsin.}

What I'm understanding is the TWO MEN are Foster and Nelson.After all Foster does say they were friends, so they went in together with that deal, but, Nelson reneged.

Is that the way you understand it?
I'm not sure that the Diemels had anything to do with the 100 calves after they sold them to Foster (my theory).
Then when Foster started calling Nick about the poorly taken care of calves and the dead ones, then the Diemel brothers went to Nelsons farm to check their calves out that they kept at Nelsons farm( a different herd,the Diemels private herd )and I assume that either the calves were not there or they were in poor shape. I believe one of the reasons the Diemels went there most likely unannouced was because they got a call from Foster about what had happened to him.(Foster) MOO!! Diemels could have also given Nelson a short notice on coming out there and there was nothing Nelson could do except to plan on killing them, because he's so evil. MY own theory for now :(
I'm not sure why JN brought up the Diemels at all in the conversation with Foster, other than make excuses for the calves originating from them not doing well. I don't know why JN mentioned to Foster that he owed JD a lot of money. IMO it must have involved a separate deal and a different herd. The Diemels told Foster of their problems with JN before visiting the farm.

I'm sure all this will get cleared up.

Yeah, it definitely seems that either the Diemels had an inkling that something was up and perhaps went on an unannounced visit to check their cattle. Say the Diemels find their cattle in emaciated and very unhealthy state. They are going to be unhappy with this.

Now, say they are being held at weapon point and either one of the Diemels gets a phone call and JN (and maybe another perpetrator) hold them at gun point forcing them to tell the Diemel's coworker on the other line that everything is going well. OR the Diemels could have been forced from the beginning to pull out their phone and contact people at their home farm to let them know everything is good. JN is then assuming he has bought himself enough time to go ahead and enact this insane plan he has concocted. JMO

"Trying to get a feel for how these cow-calf arrangements work. Looks like you are familiar w them, so hope you can answer some of these questions, if you have time."
Sorry. My knowledge is limited. i know a little something about hay and cattle. I live in a farming community, my customers are mostly ag folks, and my in-laws are cattlemen. But I know nothing about specific feedlot operations (beyond what i have read here).

Opinion: I know we do not feed bananas or plastic. And i know that our hay was donated to local guys who needed help feeding last year. And helping my daughter with a few show steers, i know that cattle depend on caregivers for regular food and water, it is hard work, and even a dummy like me would notice problems long before an animal got to the point of looking like these poor babies in the video. when momma describes large vet bills due to the sick cattle, i call bs. i would be extremely disappointed in any vet who saw cattle in this shape and did not bring attention to the neglect. Anyone who saw these animals would have reached out for help. And while illness can happen, losing 100 head of cattle in a single season is catastrophic....if accidental or disease-related, you would be crying for help, moving animals out of the infected areas, and drawing attention to whatever strange things were happening in your herd.

Foster's interview has been very helpful. Instead of reporting on it, and clearly getting their facts screwed up in the process, i wish they would just air the entire interview.

When foster talks about how nelson is not a farmer ... foster knows what he is talking about. anyone who has had a calf, puppy, guinea pig or any other animal knows you gotta feed and water it! Feed lots are suppose to know their business of feeding and fattening calves. Nelson's family couldn't even keep a herd alive. Another rant .... another opinion.

Yeah, it definitely seems that either the Diemels had an inkling that something was up and perhaps went on an unannounced visit to check their cattle. Say the Diemels find their cattle in emaciated and very unhealthy state. They are going to be unhappy with this.

Now, say they are being held at weapon point and either one of the Diemels gets a phone call and JN (and maybe another perpetrator) hold them at gun point forcing them to tell the Diemel's coworker on the other line that everything is going well. OR the Diemels could have been forced from the beginning to pull out their phone and contact people at their home farm to let them know everything is good. JN is then assuming he has bought himself enough time to go ahead and enact this insane plan he has concocted. JMO
The phone call with an employee happened at 11am, which was at the end of the visit, since the Diemels didn't have much time left to catch their flight.

We now know that JN owed JD money, so the visit was probably also about the money, not just an inspection of their calves.

Maybe the agreement was for a fixed amount and the food ended up costing more than that?

I'm sure that there are a number of possibilities on the agreement but either way if you begin to run out of food, you contact the cattle owner so they can pull their animals or renegotiate the agreement-- not let the cattle die, pretend you sold the cattle, and send a bad check.

The phone call with an employee happened at 11am, which was at the end of the visit, since the Diemels didn't have much time left to catch their flight.

We now know that JN owed JD money, so the visit was probably also about the money, not just an inspection of their calves.

I understand that, doesn't mean that JN doesn't say "Hey, I know you guys gotta get on a flight soon so just wait here and I'm gonna run into the house and get it real quick" and then they have the phone call with their employee so they say everything is good because they think JN went in the house to get the money owed. Diemels then end the call with their employee and either immediately after that or sometime soon JN comes out of the house with no money and potentially a weapon. MOO. Just spitballin here.

I'm sure that there are a number of possibilities on the agreement but either way if you begin to run out of food, you contact the cattle owner so they can pull their animals or renegotiate the agreement-- not let the cattle die, pretend you sold the cattle, and send a bad check.

Yes, and underweight, emaciated, sick cattle didn't/don't get that way overnight, IMO, that happens over time.

I understand that, doesn't mean that JN doesn't say "Hey, I know you guys gotta get on a flight soon so just wait here and I'm gonna run into the house and get it real quick" and then they have the phone call with their employee so they say everything is good because they think JN went in the house to get the money owed. Diemels then end the call with their employee and either immediately after that or sometime soon JN comes out of the house with no money and potentially a weapon. MOO. Just spitballin here.
That's possible. In that case they would probably mention JN getting the money in the call.

MOO... yes I agree. The conversation(s) that were reported around 11am seemed to have implied that they were waiting for payment. I'm sure that the exact time-line and what was said will be presented to a jury at some point. MOO

That's possible. In that case they would probably mention JN getting the money in the call.

That's assuming that before they left on their trip that they knew they were being bilked out of money. If it's a normal occurence to visit these farms and receive funds owed to them, I could see a phone conversation taking place without them having to specifically say "yeah, we went inside to get us X amount of dollars". MOO

That's assuming that before they left on their trip that they knew they were being bilked out of money. If it's a normal occurence to visit these farms and receive funds owed to them, I could see a phone conversation taking place without them having to specifically say "yeah, we went inside to get us X amount of dollars". MOO

It seems like they may have known:
" I [Foster] had talked to Nick multiple times prior to him going missing," says Foster. "The last time I talked to Nick was July 5th, and then the previous time I had talked to him before that, I remember him saying that he had told Joey to sell the cattle to send him a check."

Foster continues, "Then this last time I said, 'Well did you ever get a check or did you get paid?' And he said, 'Oh, they sent me a check but it wasn’t any good.' Something like that. And he was going to go down and basically beat his *advertiser censored* or whatever, but still, a normal response to somebody who owes him over a quarter million dollars"

Farmer's chilling story sheds light on man arrested in Diemel case

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoyaMathilde
Back