Found Deceased MO - Nicholas Diemel, 35, & Justin, 24, brothers missing, Clinton County, 21 July 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows what kind of ideas he got in prison and you know he likely did not want to go there again.

SBM

"I won't go back to prison for fraud. I'll go back for murder instead."

What an idiot to think A) nobody would notice they were missing or B) nobody would connect the missing brothers to their last known position on his farm.

SBM

What an idiot to think A) nobody would notice they were missing or B) nobody would connect the missing brothers to their last known position on his farm.
You wrote EXACTLY what I was thinking and going to say! JN is not the brightest bulb in the package by any means!

He didn't count with two things: 1) the rental truck having a tracker installed and 2) him being spotted on CCTV driving the truck en route to Holt. I wonder if his farm would still have been searched if LE couldn't determine when the truck got to Holt and who drove it.

Has anyone else noticed the mom of JN never questioned why the police were there?

Justice2020 :) Thanks for your post. Welcome to Websleuths.

If we read the same couple MSM articles mentioning her return to Braymer, I agree: the articles did not mention that Mom-TSF asked why LE was there.
But not sure, based on that absence, we can/should conclude she did not ask.
Is it possible on or after her arrival ---
- she asked LE, asked Nelson, and asked reporter(s) (if any on the scene).
- one of the LEOs took her aside, explained to her.
- Nelson got a chance to briefly talk w her privately.

Maybe reporter(s) saw & heard her ask, but omitted from story. Or maybe editor chopped it out.
Lotsa maybes. Not saying any of this^ happened, may or may not matter, just my conjecture as to why articles did not explicitly mention.
jmo.

Last edited:
What Did Mom Know? Say?
Found another article quoting mom.
Mom-TSF "was told everything was fine and she expected the investigation would wrap up in a few days, she said."
She "said she had no idea why her son would have moved the rental truck but she also cannot see him being involved in the Diemel brothers' deaths."
https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article233397372.html pub Aug 2.

By the time this reporter interviewed her for this ^ story - pub. Aug 2 - TSF certainly knew about the vehicle tampering charges and suspicion of involvement in two deaths.

Hard to imagine what she was feeling, but nothing compared to the Diemel family.
jmo.

Justice2020 :) Thanks for your post. Welcome to Websleuths.

If we read the same couple MSM articles mentioning her return to Braymer, I agree: the articles did not mention that Mom-TSF asked why LE was there.
But not sure, based on that absence, we can/should conclude she did not ask.
Is it possible on or after her arrival ---
- she asked LE, asked Nelson, and asked reporter(s) (if any on the scene).
- one of the LEOs took her aside, explained to her.
- Nelson got a chance to briefly talk w her privately.

Maybe reporter(s) saw & heard her ask, omitted from story. Or maybe editor chopped it out.
Lotsa maybes. Not saying any of this^ happened, may or may not matter, just my conjecture as to why articles did not explicitly mention.
jmo.

Does anyone else find it odd that LE was there on Sunday already late afternoon/evening questioning JN about the Diemel brothers.

IMO, wouldn’t law enforcement have noticed a giant fire on the property at that point, and why did they wait 3 days before getting a search warrant for the property? I mean, if they were there on Sunday and knew at that point that it was the last place they were seen alive and spoke to family/friends at 11am, and missed their 1:50pm flight, shouldn’t warrants have been issued for the property by the next day at the latest, especially after finding the vehicle on Monday?

Feil told the newspaper that she returned home July 21 from a trip to Branson with the rest of the family to find police speaking to her son. She said she wouldn’t know if he got mixed up in something he shouldn’t have, but she’s hoping for “it all to go away.”

“I have nothing to be guilty for,” Feil said. “But a lot of times you’re guilty by association. This is not my character, not my family’s.”

I think he panicked. The fact that he drove the car to a lot and left it with its lights on and running (which drew attention) seems to show he was in a hurry. JN is a criminal but I'm not sure he's a mastermind per se. He's comfortable committing fraud but murder is something different.

QUOTE="iongaze, post: 15297654, member: 249314"]SBM

What an idiot to think A) nobody would notice they were missing or B) nobody would connect the missing brothers to their last known position on his farm.[/QUOTE]

I really feel for LE. Several months ago they were in danger of their funding being cut by city council. Now, they find themselves put in a national spotlight with a small staff and limited resources and they seem to be trying as hard as they can. They have had to pull in other area sheriff's departments to assist. If anything good comes of this, one thing I hope is that city governments learn that even small communities are not immune to crime and give their LE adequate funding. Clinton County leaders threatening to eliminate sheriff’s department responsibilities iQUOTE="Mw221, post: 15298380, member: 249256"]Does anyone else find it odd that LE was there on Sunday already late afternoon/evening questioning JN about the Diemel brothers.

IMO, wouldn’t law enforcement have noticed a giant fire on the property at that point, and why did they wait 3 days before getting a search warrant for the property? I mean, if they were there on Sunday and knew at that point that it was the last place they were seen alive and spoke to family/friends at 11am, and missed their 1:50pm flight, shouldn’t warrants have been issued for the property by the next day at the latest, especially after finding the vehicle on Monday?[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but I think the same thing. I think he shot them, and put them in some type of machine. When he came back he started a burn pile. Who knows what kind of ideas he got in prison and you know he likely did not want to go there again.
I hope there was no machine involved. Or at least that they were deceased prior to the machine if that was the case.

Does anyone else find it odd that LE was there on Sunday already late afternoon/evening questioning JN about the Diemel brothers.

IMO, wouldn’t law enforcement have noticed a giant fire on the property at that point, and why did they wait 3 days before getting a search warrant for the property? I mean, if they were there on Sunday and knew at that point that it was the last place they were seen alive and spoke to family/friends at 11am, and missed their 1:50pm flight, shouldn’t warrants have been issued for the property by the next day at the latest, especially after finding the vehicle on Monday?
I would assume because it was suspected but no proof of anything at that point. The truck hadn’t even been found yet, there fore no black box info yet. I am sure he didn’t own up to anything at that point.

I think he panicked. The fact that he drove the car to a lot and left it with its lights on and running (which drew attention) seems to show he was in a hurry. JN is a criminal but I'm not sure he's a mastermind per se. He's comfortable committing fraud but murder is something different.

QUOTE="iongaze, post: 15297654, member: 249314"]SBM

[/QUOTE]
Someone suggested he left the truck running hoping someone would steal it.
Makes sense.
Maybe he thinks everyone thinks like him.
Imo

I really feel for LE. Several months ago they were in danger of their funding being cut by city council. Now, they find themselves put in a national spotlight with a small staff and limited resources and they seem to be trying as hard as they can. They have had to pull in other area sheriff's departments to assist. If anything good comes of this, one thing I hope is that city governments learn that even small communities are not immune to crime and give their LE adequate funding. Clinton County leaders threatening to eliminate sheriff’s department responsibilities iQUOTE="Mw221, post: 15298380, member: 249256"]Does anyone else find it odd that LE was there on Sunday already late afternoon/evening questioning JN about the Diemel brothers.

This is really sad that there isn’t funding, or that they would have to fight with county commissioners in order to get the proper funding. It just seems like a power battle that shouldn’t even happen in communities period. I am glad they were able to continue having a local department, and that they were able to enlist the neighboring counties assistance in this investigation.

Perhaps the ‘misleading law enforcement’ comments about JN in this investigation thus far stem from his story to LE Sunday 7/21 at first questioning to Tuesday 7/23 when they already had evidence (video) he drove the truck from the farm and he admitted it? That admission is likely what was able to secure the search warrants......

@Mw221 o_O re post 874
Sorry, I missed out on something.
"Misleading law enforcement' comments - made by whom? And when?
Is someone saying LE misled Nelson himself re this investigation?
Or that LE misled someone about Nelson?
Or ...?
Is a link handy, pls? TiA.

Nelson Running the Farm? Terms of Release from Prison?
^snipping for focus^ Not sure I follow ^ post correctly.
When did TF 'start the farm in her name' in order to let JN run it? After his release from prison? Or ...?
Not trying to sleuth her, but trying to determine how much control over the farm property/real estate and the farming operation Nelson had, and when he gained it.

A sleuther posted the Catawba Rd. farm was where Nelson was raised (Sorry no link).
If so, did TF live there during his childhood?
At that time, was she the owner or a part owner (for ex: tenant by the entirety, joint tenant, tenants in common, beneficiary of trust, etc.) of that property?
If so, then seems TF did not "start the farm in her name in order to let JN run it."

Help, pls, @inmyhumbleopinion (or?) did you link? I just did a quick search for link to ---
- document w terms of his release from prison and could not find.

- document re control of farming operation, something like J4S or 4JS?
Thx in adv.
This is really sad that there isn’t funding, or that they would have to fight with county commissioners in order to get the proper funding. It just seems like a power battle that shouldn’t even happen in communities period. I am glad they were able to continue having a local department, and that they were able to enlist the neighboring counties assistance in this investigation.

Perhaps the ‘misleading law enforcement’ comments about JN in this investigation thus far stem from his story to LE Sunday 7/21 at first questioning to Tuesday 7/23 when they already had evidence (video) he drove the truck from the farm and he admitted it? That admission is likely what was able to secure the search warrants......
The crime scene and all of the investigation is going on in Caldwell county. Only thing that happened in Clinton county is where truck was left. You see Clinton county sheriff because he is heading up the major case squad which are many agencies working together to help Caldwell county.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500