Found Deceased MO - Nicholas Diemel, 35, & Justin, 24, brothers missing, Clinton County, 21 July 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
With it being a truck he easily could have moved it and made his way back to the farm on his own. All he would have to do is put a dirtbike, motorcycle or ATV in the bed of the truck and then take that mode of transport back to the farm. If someone picked him up they will either be seen on camera following the truck or there will be a record of him contacting the person to pick him up from that location. MOO.

If they can tell from the video footage that there’s no passenger in the truck, they can probably spot an ATV in the bed (we don’t know if it had a back cab of some sort, but I doubt it for a rental). Maybe a dirt bike or motorcycle lying on its side? If so, he might have retraced his route on the bike/cycle back to the farm since he apparently didn’t consider that he’d be caught on video or that the video would be good enough to indicate a missing passenger.

The more I think about it, the more I think he was probably picked up by someone somewhere. JMO, speculation only. As others have noted, that necessarily mean that whoever picked him up knew about the murders.

A 78 acre farm is likely to have a number a small tractors, ATVS and trailers for hauling. He could have easily put a small vehicle in the bed of the truck or pulled a trailer with another vehicle on it. Once he got to the parking lot he could take the second vehicle (and trailer if using one) back to the farm. MOO.
that is a possibility. However anything he had in the back of the truck would have been seen in the video cameras that captured him on the way to the parking lot.

But, until they have actual evidence of a crime occurring, it isn’t wrong to give a guy a ride, correct? So, they may know who gave him a ride back from the truck to the farm but not have a charge yet.

That's true. He could have called someone and said he needed a ride from that lot and not told them why (or made up a story as to why he needed a ride). I hope he was stupid enough to involve another person in asking for a ride and that person testifies against him. MOO.

Can I just ask if I've missed something? Did LE say they had found anything leading them to declare a death investigation or just not made any findings public?

To my knowledge, they have not said why it changed to a death investigation, nor have they charged J Nelson with anything other than tampering with a vehicle at this time.

They have expressed condolences to the Diemel families.

To my knowledge, they have not said why it changed to a death investigation, nor have they charged J Nelson with anything other than tampering with a vehicle at this time.

They have expressed condolences to the Diemel families.
I’m pretty sure they have some kind of substantial evidence they aren’t going to disclose until later a la Kenzie Lueck.

I don't necessarily know if I think this was pre-planned. IMO this almost sounds like it was a hasty, last-minute thing. Like something went wrong or they said the wrong thing or whatever, he panicked/got angry and harmed them. Then it's "oh crap, what to do about their truck?" and quickly decide to leave it somewhere. Still not sure what he thought leaving it running with the keys in would do for him. IMO it would be less suspect to have the vehicle shut off and locked up, but maybe he was in panic mode and not thinking clearly or just hoping someone would steal it. Like someone else pointed out, he may have harmed or incapacitated them before moving the truck, but they may have still been alive and he came back after to do whatever he did to them when he felt he had more time.
Ewwwww, just thinking about what you said if they were still alive and he came back ... Oh the fear, those poor guys.

I found the statement below from the DOJ when he was sentenced for the cattle fraud. Note that he had a friend who helped him with the fraud. Maybe this same friend helped him again and gave him a ride from that commuter lot!

Nelson received two livestock operating loans in April 2013 totaling $158,000 for the limited purpose of buying and raising cattle. In violation of the express terms of his loans, and with fraudulent intent, Nelson conducted livestock sales from April 2013 to July 2014 under the name “Joey Nelson” to avoid detection. He conducted other sales in the name of a friend to further conceal his involvement. His friend then transferred the proceeds to Nelson.
Source: Braymer Man Sentenced for $262,000 Cattle Fraud
It’s amazing that he received a large farm loan at such a young age. I guessing that his parents were also on the loan.

People didn’t begin looking for them until Monday afternoon (am I remembering correctly)? So, he had about 24hrs to hide all traces of evidence.
Yeah, I guess he could have hidden them somewhere temporarily.
It just seems like it would be a big risk to leave the car abandoned and running before he covered up the crime.
LE could have been at his house within a few hours after finding the truck I would think.
He would have had to be pretty confident that he had enough time. Moving two bodies around can't be easy, unless he had help. Imo

Can I just ask if I've missed something? Did LE say they had found anything leading them to declare a death investigation or just not made any findings public?
They have not said what led them to believe this, but whatever evidence they found they are not revealing at this point.
Did I read they are making some sort of statement at 4:30 today?
Or did I imagine that?
Any way, if it's true maybe we will have more information at that time.

Yeah, I guess he could have hidden them somewhere temporarily.
It just seems like it would be a big risk to leave the car abandoned and running before he covered up the crime.
LE could have been at his house within a few hours after finding the truck I would think.
He would have had to be pretty confident that he had enough time. Moving two bodies around can't be easy, unless he had help. Imo

Good point. The most logical explanation, as far as expediency (and from what is happening with investigators at the farm), seems to revolve around the burn pile. Other ideas for something to happen so quickly?

WARNING, gruesome speculation to follow:

This aerial video shows the search crews sifting through large piles of dirt with screens. IMO they wouldn't be doing that if they thought the brothers' intact bodies were buried there. LE sifts through dirt methodically when looking for bone fragments or teeth or small pieces of evidence. I suspect the bodies may have been burned and LE is sifting through the dirt looking for what is left of them. I hope I'm wrong. But I also hope they find something of the brothers for their loved ones to have a proper memorial and for justice to be served. JMO.
ANOTHER WARNING :(

It may just be me, but the piles are kind of shaped like mounds, IMO. Whatever material they are sifting through, to me, doesn’t look like it was dropped off the back of a dump truck. I also don’t see any signs of excavation.

Then I remembered the Wikipedia article on silage that I had looked up ... :(:
Silage - Wikipedia

After reading the article, I googled “bale processing for cattle feeding,” and ... :(.

Nicholas & Justin Diemel: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know
Jul 26, 2019
"...Here’s what you need to know:..."
Nicholas & Justin Diemel: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

diemel5.jpg

^ Fact #4 has link to Nelson's 2015 bankruptcy filing, 48 pages. I skimmed quickly but saw no spouse noted.

Page 20, Schedule F of Unsecured Creditors lists $15,659.72 debt to an individual w female name, as a creditor, w Catawba Rd, Braymer MO address, same as Nelson's.
Page 23, Schedule H of Codebtors lists same name, tied to 3 different creditors.

Page 32, listing lawsuits to which debtor Nelson is/was a party in past yr. lists two criminal charges, both pending then in Caldwell County: Receiving Stolen Property; Bad Checks.
Case numbers are shown for ^, maybe showing co defendant(s) re stolen prop?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190727-132316_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190727-132316_Chrome.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 24

It may just be me, but the piles are kind of shaped like mounds, IMO. Whatever material they are sifting through, to me, doesn’t look like it was dropped off the back of a dump truck. I also don’t see any signs of excavation.

Silage - Wikipedia

After reading the article, I googled “bale processing for cattle feeding,” and ... :(.

I found the answer to my own question. The truck was not found due to the bolo, it was found and then reported and then associated with the case m o o

Nicholas & Justin Diemel: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

"On July 22, 2019 the Clinton County Sheriff’s Office was contacted by the Caldwell County Sheriff’s Office regarding an abandoned vehicle located at a commuter lot in Holt, MO. This vehicle was determined to be the one driven by two missing brothers from Wisconsin, Nicholas Diemel & Justin Diemel, who reportedly traveled to Missouri for business in Caldwell and Clinton counties"

Thanks to multiple posters that did this link. I skipped it for a while and then finally looked at it and had my question answered. It's hard to look at everything! Not enough time in the day

Last edited:
LE acted quickly...?
....that law enforcement move so quick on a missing person investigation... the family back home knew that and therefore told law enforcement and that is why they moved so quickly....
snipped for focus
@dixiegirl1035 Agreeing w ^.
Even tho Nelson's time in the pen was on federal charges, as recently as 2014 & 2015 he faced state charges* in Caldwell County of receiving stolen prop and for bad checks. Maybe not big-time crime there, but charges local LE** might easily recall or find in a name check. And...Nelson may have been on local LE radar as suspect for other crimes, or as subject/perp in 911 calls, even if not culminating in arrests or convictions. jmo.
ETA: So LE's swift action is not surprising. Glad they acted as quickly as they did.

Last edited:

Silage - Wikipedia

Does he own a bale processor?

Silage - Wikipedia

Unfortunately this thought crossed my mind too and I couldn't think of any not awful way to say it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonleblanc061975@gmail.