Found Deceased MO - Nicholas Diemel, 35, & Justin, 24, brothers missing, Clinton County, 21 July 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motives & Serial Killers

@BeckyF Thx for the link w vid. Interesting. wiki* tells us more about DiNardo's & another 20 y/o's alleged killings of four young men in 3-4 days time, and DiNardo's motivation - $$$, per bolded text below. IOW, motive was not sex and/or control, so it was different from typical SK. But DiN's motive was similar to Nelson, as I read this case.
Also re SKs & timing, IDK if DiNardo fit the FBI definition of SK.**

Sorry to go O/T, back to the Diemel brothers. Their poor family.
Thx again for the link.

- - - - - - - - - - - -----
* July 2017 Pennsylvania murders - Wikipedia
"DiNardo, a drug dealer, confessed to killing the four men; he said he did so because he felt cheated or threatened during drug transactions.
[7] The only motive disclosed by investigators was that DiNardo said he wanted to set the victims up when they came to the farm to buy marijuana...."

**Serial killer - Wikipedia
The
Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) defines serial killing as "a series of two or more murders, committed as separate events, usually, but not always, by one offender acting alone".[4]

casenet listings for Nelson
There you go.
NELSON, GARLAND JOSEPH 15CL-CV00021 Respondent PROTECTION ORDER CC Adult Abuse Stalking 01/22/2015 Put in name and search https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/nameSearch.do

@Inspector Gidget. Thx for finding this ^.:)

Current charge, July 21: tampering w motor vehicle. No atty shown for him yet.

Other: Improper brakes; failure to reg motor vehicle; speeding 11-15 mi over in Jasper Co. MO; failure to stop at stop sign in Jasper Co MO; passing bad checks (x2).

Also adult personal protection order, filed against him, by someone in Hamilton MO, Jan. 2015.

I am new and was reading about the farm equipment that could potentially have been used in this horrific crime. I don’t know about farm equipment and if it requires a title/registration like a vehicle, but wondered if perhaps there was a baler or whatever was mentioned in earlier comments that he may have used but been able to get rid of before they started searching his property on Tuesday/Wednesday. I mean if the crime was committed on Sunday, and he ditched the truck, and it took him quite a while longer than necessary to get from the farm location leaving at 11:44 and arriving in Holt lot at 12:45, for a 38 minute drive (maximum) or even Sunday evening through Tuesday to trade or ditch this piece of equipment? I could be completely off base here, but I would think that they would be looking into all farm equipment sales/for sale like machinery that could be used in this crime, as he could easily cover up crime scene info that way as well. If he has friends around the area, maybe they wouldn’t even know they were helping rid evidence by selling equipment for him. JMO

It’s clear they are putting in a lot of time/effort to not only find these guys but also build a case. The sheriff used the word “methodical” to describe their investigation. I think they plan to cover their bases with JN. I think JN’s arrogance (as evidenced in the fraud video) will work in their favor.
This is only a guess, but assuming the sheriff is a good man and not corrupt in some way, he’s probably glad to have the opportunity to put this guy away forever. Not glad that two people lost their lives, of course, but since this crime has occurred he’s going to be as thorough as possible to make sure every charge sticks and all possible evidence and gathered and processed properly.

Spelling of Road Name
In trying to locate Nelson farm, I had prob's using Ayers Rd (and no prob w Catawba).
Online map - sorry forgot which one - spelled it Ayres Rd. Maybe others/all do?
Just FYI, if mapping
According to the street sign in the Fox4 video (link below), it's SE Ayers Dr. On Google Maps it's SE Ayres Dr which turns into Ayres Rd when traveling West.
ETA: Bing Maps uses Ayres Dr only.

‘Something isn’t right’: Missing brothers leave for routine business trip, never return home. Luggage and truck found abandoned

Attachments

• catawba-ayers1.jpg
    catawba-ayers1.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
AERIAL VIDEO: Crews search a farm in Braymer, Missouri, for signs of two missing brothers from Wisconsin. Officials say this is now a death investigation and Caldwell County prosecutors have charged Garland Nelson, 25, connection to the disappearance.

I noticed that there aren’t any cattle in the video. Not sure how large his operation is, but you’d think there would be some cattle near the feedlot. Maybe the brothers found the same when they came to look at their cattle. I’m not a farmer, so this is just IMO.

This doesn't really answer the question either. Holt, Missouri is located in Clay and Clinton counties, and is about 10 miles away from the Caldwell County border. Sheriff deputies only patrol in their own county and only leave it for something like hot pursuit of a felon or a request from a neighboring jurisdiction.
Holt, Missouri - Wikipedia

So what were Caldwell County deputies doing in Holt? If someone abandoned a vehicle in Holt then either the Clay or Clinton county deputies should have responded (depending on which county the commuter lot was located in).
The commuter lot is in Clinton County. I’m attaching a couple files showing the county line and location of the commuter lot.

Attachments

• 0D06FB02-3E3D-4AB3-BE37-3F0954F046B9.jpeg
    0D06FB02-3E3D-4AB3-BE37-3F0954F046B9.jpeg
    156.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 63A27179-F9F3-4B7C-8D4E-E68DA11E6B60.jpeg
    63A27179-F9F3-4B7C-8D4E-E68DA11E6B60.jpeg
    147.4 KB · Views: 25
I've been following this case, but haven't posted until now.

Its heart shattering anyone could be so callous, and evil. Yet we see these kind of murderers way too often.

Two beautiful young men who were hard working have had their lives destroyed, and that of their families, workers, and friends.

Imo, they came there fully expecting everything was okay, and he was tending to their cattle properly. Yet when arriving they instantly knew things were not as he had promised to do ...so to protect his own dark evil secrets he murdered both good men in cold blood imo.

I'm glad he has been arrested on other charges. That is just a prelude of what is to come.

What I fear most is the family may never have their bodies found so they can be brought home for the proper burial each brother deserves. They died together, and they should be properly buried side by side.

Wherever he put them there are so many ways where LE may find very little of their bodies if any at all. All they may find is possible small tiny pieces of what was once two vibrant young men.

So many in our society seem to have turned dark, and ugly, and will kill others in a heartbeat for their own personal greed, and to protect their own illegal deeds.

My prayers are with all the many who loved, and greatly admired both brothers. I know all of their hearts are shattered from their tremendous loss which will always leave a hole in their hearts than can't ever be filled.

Jmho

Many of us who farm call this a feed mixer. You can throw in a round bale and mix it with other feed ingredients depending on what inputs you have on hand.

Sadly, people have been killed in them when they have fallen in. There are MANY ways to die on a farm. It is actually considered one the most dangerous modern professions. I have actively worked with agriculture associations to educate farmers on hazards and ways to prevent accidents, but it does not remove the inherent dangers of farming.

Many farmers use compost pits as a way to dispose of livestock that cannot be sold to a renderer. It is a relatively easy process using manure, a carbon source like hay or straw, and lime. If done correctly, you can compost remains of large livestock in about six months. Burning combined with composting would leave little remains if given enough time.

This does not sound like it was a well planned out crime. More like someone was caught off guard when confronted.

Can I take a moment to thank you for your service? Seriously. Farmers and ranchers are the heartbeat of America.

I know, but his sentence was 2 years with no parole, so why was he released after 13 months?
I think you only serve a percentage of your time if you do not get in trouble while serving and the no parole means once that time is served he doesn't have to report to a parole officer. He is done with the sentence and therefore has no one to report to weekly, monthly etc.

I noticed that there aren’t any cattle in the video. Not sure how large his operation is, but you’d think there would be some cattle near the feedlot. Maybe the brothers found the same when they came to look at their cattle. I’m not a farmer, so this is just IMO.
I thought the same thing! I didn't see one cow in the video!

There is cattle in at least one other video, taken at SE Ayres Dr. There are (presumably) investigators with a dog in the same shot at 1:13 in the video at the link below.

Missing Wisconsin brothers’ case now a death investigation, not missing persons

Maybe it’s already been discussed but I think it’s interesting that the employee who talked to one of the brothers at 11am said all was well still at that point. They were there for awhile before said phone call... strange that the murders would happen soon after, their interaction turned sour very quickly before JN went to dump the truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA