Found Deceased MO - Titus Tackett, 3, Killarney Shores, 10 Feb 2016

Has it ever been said whether he had shoes on or not?

I don't believe they had said whether or not he had put on shoes. I believe in shoes his feet would have still been cold, but would have given him more ablility to walk that distance. Just my opinion.

West-Finnmark police department released a statement that said: “We received a call at around 6.15am that an under-dressed four-year-old girl was found wearing only her underwear and boots. She had been sleepwalking, but was in good health.”

The difference being, she had boots on, that makes a large difference in my opinion.

http://www.thelocal.no/20140915/three-year-old-girl-sleepwalks-four-km

and it was well above freezing, which all make a large difference...IMHO

http://www.yr.no/place/Norway/Finnmark/Nordkapp/Honningsvåg/almanakk.html?dato=2014-09-15
I think the boots are a SIGNIFICANT difference, here! I would have much less difficulty with this, if he had shoes on.

I also have trouble with his hands, though. I go to a lot of football games in cold weather. I know my body is extra sensitive to cold, so my fingers get pretty stiff. This is in 40° and rain, though. So I feel it's safe to assume that in under 20°, his hands would be numb, too, no? How on earth did he get the van door open?

(modsnip)

Regarding the Norway girl: cold weather meaning what? Well below freezing, which is 32°? I didn't see the temp listed in her stories.

Also, any experts here who know about hypothermia, muscle function in extreme cold? Especially in a toddler, whom I'd guess couldn't take it as well as an adult.

Another big factor is the bare feet.

Heck, it's 16° here right now. I just attempted a little experiment. I am wearing a knee length short sleeve night shirt. I had to put on slippers as there is snow on the ground. I was going to see how far I could walk down our road before my muscles started shaking. I didn't get off the porch. I stood there for about 45 seconds before I was shaking hard. Now, there is a moderate wind, so factor that in, but I was on our covered porch that blocked some of that.
There is no way on God's green earth I can believe he walked BAREFOOT and clad only in a diaper for however long it took his little legs to get .7 miles. And THEN have the muscle control or even feeling in his poor little fingers to open a door (if he could even reach it) climb in and maneuver the door shut. Nope, I wasn't buying it on page two of this thread and I'm still not buying it now.
My husband goes out to fill the wood stove in military type outerwear and is outside for 15-20 minutes and comes in a "frozen turd" as we like to joke. Logic and common sense says it didn't happen this way, in my opinion.
I'm very interested in the autopsy report.

STOP! sleuthing this family. Facebook, birth announcements, it's all off limits. Snoop on your own if you must, but do not post here.

FINAL WARNING. TO's WILL FOLLOW.

Oh my goodness, Poor little Titus. I have a three year old boy who doesn't quite get yet (thankfully) how to open or close car doors. His 4 year old brother on the other hand.....god help me.

Anyway, I feel that this case bears some resemblance to the Brendan Creato case that happened late last year in NJ. He was just a bit older, supposedly got out of his father's apartment, walked over a mile by himself and just "laid down and died" at a park. It took the coroner quite awhile to come out with a COD. But now his father has finally been arrested and I from my recollection, they are alleging that he killed Brendan because his teenager girlfriend did not like children. The similarities I am wondering about are how these little boys supposedly got out of the house on their own in the middle of the night, walked quite a while in pretty cold weather, and were found deceased soon after they were reported missing.

RIP Titus. :(
I work w/ 3&4 yr.olds and I find it hard to believe these little kids just jump up and decide to leave their homes in the darkness of night and bitter coldness of winter. The kids I work with 1. are scared of the dark and 2 . hate the cold weather (during outdoor playtime).

It doesn't add up.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Good article:

http://dailyjournalonline.com/news/local/update-toddler-missing-search-in-progress/article_c5e57589-da86-54a0-9286-4f8aca369171.html

Sheriff Medley expresses his deep sadness. Says that the volunteers knew by the look on the Sheriff's face that the news he was about to relate was terribly sad.

The way this Sheriff spoke with such honesty and humanity concerning why he orchestrated a search so quickly really impressed me. From the article: Asked why such a large search team was assembled at the scene so soon after Tackett was reported missing, Medley said, “This is our protocol. This is the way we decided we would handle things after we had a child go missing during a hunting incident several years ago. This is part of our lessons learned. We call everybody in early and hopefully we find them quickly.”

I had to look this incident up, thankfully the little girl was found safe http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story/20062077/missing-6-year-old-from-ironton-found-safe

Regarding the Norway girl: cold weather meaning what? Well below freezing, which is 32°? I didn't see the temp listed in her stories.

Also, any experts here who know about hypothermia, muscle function in extreme cold? Especially in a toddler, whom I'd guess couldn't take it as well as an adult.

rsbm

Logically, I'd think a toddler would be more likely to lose heat quickly, too, but don't they still have some brown fat around then? Or not? iow, he may not have really felt the cold as we might -- but that's pure speculation on my part.

It is possible he walked that far in the freezing cold. The chances are very slim and I doubt Titus sleepwalked and then got in that van, but it is a possibility as this article shows:

Girl, 4, sleepwalks 3 miles in cold weather

http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/weird/2014/09/16/girl-4-sleepwalks-3-miles-in-cold-weather/15705729/
and this just for additional reference purposes
http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/weird/Sleepwalker-Freezes-to-Death.html

I would imagine he (Titus) was running most of that way. Most likely in a panic thinking he was being left behind when he heard the car doors shut and his mom drove away....he probably followed.

Logically, I'd think a toddler would be more likely to lose heat quickly, too, but don't they still have some brown fat around then? Or not? iow, he may not have really felt the cold as we might -- but that's pure speculation on my part.
Unfortunately, I have quite a bit of body fat. I like to call it insulation haha. I think the skin of little one's is also thinner as well, but I'm not sure.

STOP! sleuthing this family. Facebook, birth announcements, it's all off limits. Snoop on your own if you must, but do not post here.

FINAL WARNING. TO's WILL FOLLOW.

Sorry, Bessie. Got carried away.
:whiteflag:

Unfortunately, I have quite a bit of body fat. I like to call it insulation haha. I think the skin of little one's is also thinner as well, but I'm not sure.

Brown fat is different from white fat (or fat fat). Newborns have a lot of brown fat, which insulates their bodies and protects them from hypothermia.

coroner report came back as the child froze to death and no signs of child abuse.

I'm disappointed in the lack of success we've seen using search dogs in so many of these cases.
This baby surely left a scent trail...even in the cold there should have been something.

Little Noah C. was in the woods on a clear warm day yet dogs failed to locate him...
makes no sense.

http://www.kfvs12.com/story/3118659...f-hypothermia?clienttype=generic&sf20766345=1

Died of hypothermia

"IRON COUNTY, MO (KFVS/AP) -

The Iron County coroner said he believes three-year-old Titus Tackett died of hypothermia.

Coroner Tony Cole said the autopsy showed there was no internal bleeding or bruises on Titus Greyson Tackett's body. He said he's still waiting on toxicology results.

He said three-year-old Titus*was found dead in a van on Wednesday about *advertiser censored*.5 mile from his*house, on Highway 72."

I would imagine he (Titus) was running most of that way. Most likely in a panic thinking he was being left behind when he heard the car doors shut and his mom drove away....he probably followed.

That is what I was thinking. He may have come running out of the house, trying to follow the taillights on the car.

That imagine is heartbreaking. I have been trying to place my 3 yr son in this type of situation.

1. Unfamiliar home/people
2. Mom is gone
3. Has tried to escape before (mine has too, we have latches up high now but he seems to have lost interest in "escaping")

He is very active, much more than his older brother, so he keeps us on our toes.

I think my son might ran after me too.

I hadn't thought of this. It's the saddest thing! Oh my goodness! Poor little Titus!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back