Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good point. It just all still seems needlessly vague imo :)

I don't think it's compromising an investigation to say "we know she headed north, via surveillance video" or "we couldn't tell what direction she went".

True.....I guess I was thinking of the friends and family going on foot tomorrow doing thier own search.

It's completely understandable if that was the case. However, when there is question, you can simply clear up the confusion. A dashcam image with a timestamp would go a long way in doing that.

If you misreport on the stop (innocent mistake or not) and then you misreport on the time of the stop, I'd say there's some legit room for some healthy skepticism regarding what really happened. It's human nature.

A police officer pulling her over at 4:40 can drastically change what that timeline suggests, so I'd say given the misreporting a little transparency is warranted. That's kind of exactly what the sunshine act is for.

It's highly unlikely that there was a real issue, but the skeptic in me can see the logic of the flow of changes being reactive.

ie

1. We didn't pull anyone over!
2. Officer admits that he pulled her over, but didn't report it. -- because he now knew that someone was likely to look at dashcams as SOME police officer pulled her over around 4:42am
3. Ok, she was pulled over... at 4:40am and it was just a communication issue, because information we had wasn't northern KC, so we didn't check with them.
4. Wait a minute.... new information... here's this atm record at 4:33 that would have had to have happened BEFORE she was pulled over.
5. ok.... she wasn't pulled over at 4:40, it was.... um, 4:25 am. Yeah, that makes more sense.
6. We KNOW this officer isn't involved in this girl's disappearance, so lets just not open the door to that right now because it'll just cloudy the waters.

well... maybe the waters would need to be cloudy if this was indeed what happened? It's obviously a legit question to have right now.

I agree, they need to be transparent because of the discrepancies. I am still bothered that at the beginning, the LE spokesperson said they had checked with other jurisdictions and no one reported they pulled her over.

I agree, they need to be transparent because of the discrepancies. I am still bothered that at the beginning, the LE spokesperson said they had checked with other jurisdictions and no one reported they pulled her over.

I wasn't aware of that part, so I feel more comfortable with my doubling down stance on this! :)

They look more like sores that drug users commonly have. Scratches require length.

They are either acne or drug sores and can be seen several months back via their twitter accounts. I think we can put the scratches to rest.

I'm hoping she's gone missing for publicity. Though that's beyond disgusting, it's better than the alternative(s)

With the possible new time discrepancies I'm beginning to wonder if she wasn't pulled over a 2nd time by an imposter? However, where would he car be if that were the case?

In one of the first articles it said her friend Roxy said she was pulled over on the way to getting gas. 4:20ish. Cop guides her to gas station which would account for the bank transactions about 4:30. Then she goes on her way.

So either she had been texting with her friend possibly when she got pulled over the first time and then left the gas station and was like OMG IM GETTING PULLED OVER AGAIN just 20mins later.

Or she was busy making it to the gas station, filling up with gas, and first had time to text her friend at 4:40.

I wish we could see the time stamps better on the texts.

Although I have seen this friend talking about "it's a scary world out there" so maybe they know more than they are letting on.

You know what else is odd? We don't have a full description of what she was wearing at the time of her disappearance. We have a police officer who pulled her over and likely could give a full description. Especially if he watches her walk into a convenience store. Then you have surveillance video that might have also given that information. You have the chrome manager who could've offered that information. Just black sweatpants?

If you don't know what happened and you are going to want to give people as much information as you can, so maybe it jogs someone's memory. Red top? White top? Blue top? Hair in a pony tail?

I see lots of pictures of her with different hairstyles, so just seemed like giving a hairstyle would be something to add. ie long blonde straight hair with black sweat pants and a blue top. I don't think I'm being too critical here, because someone might have seen her somewhere but not close enough to get a good look at her face. But they just might remember that girl with the black sweats, blue top and hair in a pony tail? But anyways, not impressed with this part as it seems like such a basic thing.

Maybe I am wrong about this, but all the reports/posters I have looked at, only say black sweatpants.

My guess is that she gets pulled over a lot being a young woman driving around alone in the wee hours of the morning, especially in those desolate downtown areas. My hope is that the police are doing sort of wellness checks on women like that to ensure safety.

Jenna I glad you brought that up because in the case of Josh Griffin the police dept. did keep an eye out for the women according to the Forensic Files I saw.

While I admit this case is extremely suspicious, and my hinky meter is definitely raised, I do wonder if it's possible she ran off the road. I hope they've checked any water nearby the gas station.

Because of Toni's car still being missing, I'm reminded of the Kristy Kelley case from a couple of years ago. There was a thread here for her. She had been out drinking with a friend and headed home late. Unfortunately, she never showed. She was missing, her car was missing, and, coincidentally, she had left her cell phone at her previous location. They searched for her for several weeks and I know some (especially others on SM) suspected her ex-husband. Come to find out, though, she had ran off the road and went into water. Very sad case! If I remember correctly, she had two kids, too. Her death was ruled accidental.

http://wishtv.com/2014/09/17/police-believe-body-of-missing-woman-found-in-lake/

Here's her thread if anyone's interested: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/report.php?p=13081791

However, I think that's where the similarities end between these two cases. There's definitely some weird things at play here with Toni being missing!

Just thought I would add my two cents. I hope Toni is found soon...safe and sound!

Just want to mention that this twitter guy that was going off about toni and posting her pics etc has now said that he has sources who have told him that the KCPD has made contact with Toni and she is gone on her own accord on a date.

Take it as a rumor, but figured I'd post it as it isn't something I'd say was preposterous if true.

You can search twitter for her name, and you'll have no trouble finding his tweets. I don't want to post his screenname, not sure if that's allowed here.

While I admit this case is extremely suspicious, and my hinky meter is definitely raised, I do wonder if it's possible she ran off the road. I hope they've checked any water nearby the gas station.

Because of Toni's car still being missing, I'm reminded of the Kristy Kelley case from a couple of years ago. There was a thread here for her. She had been out drinking with a friend and headed home late. Unfortunately, she never showed. She was missing, her car was missing, and, coincidentally, she had left her cell phone at her previous location. They searched for her for several weeks and I know some (especially others on SM) suspected her ex-husband. Come to find out, though, she had ran off the road and went into water. Very sad case! If I remember correctly, she had two kids, too. Her death was ruled accidental.

http://wishtv.com/2014/09/17/police-believe-body-of-missing-woman-found-in-lake/

Here's her thread if anyone's interested: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/report.php?p=13081791

However, I think that's where the similarities end between these two cases. There's definitely some weird things at play here with Toni being missing!

Just thought I would add my two cents. I hope Toni is found soon...safe and sound!

I was just coming to ask if there is any lakes or rivers along the route the car could be hidden,it was dark early am.

Just want to mention that this twitter guy that was going off about toni and posting her pics etc has now said that he has sources who have told him that the KCPD has made contact with Toni and she is gone on her own accord on a date.

Take it as a rumor, but figured I'd post it as it isn't something I'd say was preposterous if true.

You can search twitter for her name, and you'll have no trouble finding his tweets. I don't want to post his screenname, not sure if that's allowed here.

Well it would be great if she was alive but not sure I would believe the date excuse if true.

I was just coming to ask if there is any lakes or rivers along the route the car could be hidden,it was dark early am.

You know what they say: great minds think alike! ;) :thinking:

I thinks it's time to pull out/up our map! :)

**IF** this twitter guy's claim ends up true, now you have to wonder if boyfriend is in some legal trouble if he KNEW where she was.

If true, this is the equivalent to what I was saying was a possibility of how it would conclude if it was a scam. -- she comes back and gives a story about how she had to get away and wasn't aware that all this was going on and says that her boyfriend had no knowledge to protect him from charges.

Well it would be great if she was alive but not sure I would believe the date excuse if true.

totally agree. I wouldn't buy that at all. If this was a scam, both her and bf would deserve jail time.

Maybe she texted her friend/bf while she was driving and crashed?

I know there is so much to suspect in this case. I'm still thinking at that hour, after working a shift. She may have crashed.

I thought that too.

(Hi Mom:seeya:)

This helps clarify.

KC reporter

6612fd44246f94f29222670194280c33.jpg

Maybe pulled over @4:25 AND again @4:40?

general comment, directed at nobody in particular - there is a reason facebook and twitter rumors arent allowed on here. as usual there is a ton of incorrect information and speculation being repeated as fact out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph