Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never played Pokemon but do have a question I hope you can take the time to answer. the manger of Chrome, Sonny, told LE Toni said she was going to a QT on SW Blvd. Then it was said on an activist's page on FB, that Toni was to meet up with three men at a body shop located just 2 mins. from said QT. If Toni was wanting to play pokemon wouldn't there be places to play in the vicinity of her meeting? Why would she, at the last minute, go North and avoid the Sw Boulevard area? Why not go to her meeting and then play Pokemon or continue to play?

It is true that there are tons of pokestops and gyms near where Toni lived. However, certain pokemon types hang out in certain areas. So if you want new types of pokemon you have to leave your home turf.

There are facebook groups where people share where to find rare pokemon. It is possible somebody posted something on the Kansas City Pokemon Go group (here), but it is too active to scroll back to the posts from January 14. I can't believe there appears to be no way to access posts from Jan 14, but it seems facebook truly sucks in this area.

As for skipping the meetup, the only theory that explains that is suicide. There may be some circumstances we don't know about. For example, maybe he was supposed to confirm the meeting and when she didn't hear back from him by 4:11, when she left work, she assumed the meetup was not on. She may not have seen the 4:53 text or decided it was too late. When she didn't respond to the text within a reasonable time, the person who sent it should assume there is no meeting, right? Skipping the meetup is strange, but it is strange for every theory except suicide.

Actually, skipping the meetup without telling him is what is strange. Either she never intended to see him again, or she simply did not see the 4:53 text.

Correct me if I am wrong: as far as we know, there is only a small group of people who disagree with the official accident scenario, correct?

Sometimes if I participate in these groups, I know it is easy to think so many more people think the same idea then really do. The whole perception vs reality thing...

Plus, we know cases where someone was murdered (George Smith, honeymoon overboard) where there will be no justice. No arrests. No reason why/how it happened. The person is dead and that is the only "closure" the family gets.

Even IF Toni was murdered, sometimes murderers get away with it: sometimes they get caught in the end and sometimes they don't.

So let me get this straight. If the police release some sort of pokemon go data, or even a statement as such, we're good with that? Sounds like they have an easy out if it is needed. Wow.

Chrome closed at 3. It is said Toni stayed to help a co-worker clean up. What would be her compensation? She wasn't an hourly worker. Were dancers required to help clean up?

Perhaps she was killing time waiting to hear back from her meetup. When she didn't hear back by 4:11 she decided to do something else.

There are facebook groups where people share where to find rare pokemon. It is possible somebody posted something on the Kansas City Pokemon Go group (here), but it is too active to scroll back to the posts from January 14. I can't believe there appears to be no way to access posts from Jan 14, but it seems facebook truly sucks in this area.

I was able to find some older posts in that group by searching for certain words, but nothing from that date yet. Someone did actually post an event link about the February 4 search for Toni on January 31. "I know this is a not a Pokemon Go post and I apologize for that. While you are out playing please keep your eyes open for Toni Anderson. She has been missing for around two weeks now. Her friends and family would really appreciate all the help they can get. If you see her or her car please contact Tips hotline... (816)474-8477. Thank you!" There were no comments that implied that anyone knew her.

Actually, skipping the meetup without telling him is what is strange. Either she never intended to see him again, or she simply did not see the 4:53 text.

I posted this before but it may have been missed. Strange to me her meet up waited at the body shop and fell asleep. This has been dsiussed a lot in FB groups and I would imagine this made it to this forum. I joined late and haven't read through all threads on this forum concerning Toni.

The meetup was a friend of Toni's and Caldwell said he was a co-worker. I have yet to prove DJ, the meetup, was a co worker of Toni's. Was the meetup DJ and does he work where Toni worked?

So let me get this straight. If the police release some sort of pokemon go data, or even a statement as such, we're good with that? Sounds like they have an easy out if it is needed. Wow.

Any law enforcement agency can ask Niantic when Toni last played, assuming they have her ID. So it is subject to possible outside verification. Seems like it would be awfully risky to make it up.

Also, Toni's phone and car electronics are probably going to be analyzed by some outside group. Hopefully they reveal some good intel. Again, cannot be faked.

I have been following this fairly closely but never quite captured in my brain how we know she missed a mtg in SW Blvd. Was that revealed by LE or non LE?

Chrome closed at 3. It is said Toni stayed to help a co-worker clean up. What would be her compensation? She wasn't an hourly worker. Were dancers required to help clean up?

Perhaps she was killing time waiting to hear back from her meetup. When she didn't hear back by 4:11 she decided to do something else.

People have said several times that workers at these clubs often stay after close to socialize, to help their coworkers finish their end-of-day duties faster so they also can leave, and/or to sober up before driving.

Just to clarify I'm inquiring about LE shift times. Both full and part time.
And if he followed her to Rt. 9 was it?, is that still his jurisdiction?

Because no one posted to my questions about a CI and if Law Enforcement would fake a death, I'm assuming they would not do that. I tried Googling to find an answer but came up with nothing.

It's crossed my mind. Can't cross it off the list. But then again I don't feel I can cross anything off the list.

I have been following this fairly closely but never quite captured in my brain how we know she missed a mtg in SW Blvd. Was that revealed by LE or non LE?

The meetup was discussed in groups on FB. The Mom and Dad of the meetup posted on FB about Toni and the meeting. Caldwell, the detective, confirmed in the last interview with Toni's parents and two friends, that the meetup was a co-worker of Toni's and that he made the last call on her phone. I can't confirm the meetup talked about on FB is the co-worker confirmed by Det. Caldwell.

It's crossed my mind. Can't cross it off the list. But then again I don't feel I can cross anything off the list.
Oh wow, really, I felt bad posting about it but it kept popping up in my mind but so does everything else. I've been going to let this case go but I'm hooked. Can't quit thinking this case through. Like Pokemon, the CI theory makes sense too. I did some reading on CI's this morn and I'm not sure Toni fits.

I think perhaps the reason people are so inclined to reject the Pokemon Go theory is this question:

Why on earth would a 20-year-old female want to collect virtual pokemon?

We don't need an answer. 20-year-old females are the leading demographic! We know that plenty of 20 year old females have some reason for doing exactly that.

Here's another nice little point I just thought of:

Why would police say they thought Toni was in an 'unfamiliar' area?

That's another thing that seemed really strange when they said it, right? Did they know everywhere Toni had ever been? How could they possibly know whether or not the areas she was going to were familiar to her or not? But what if they knew she was engaged in an activity that would generally take her to unfamiliar areas?

I've said it before. The more I think about it, the more I like this theory. Things just keep clicking into place.

The meetup was a friend of Toni's and Caldwell said he was a co-worker. I have yet to prove DJ, the meetup, was a co worker of Toni's. Was the meetup DJ and does he work where Toni worked?

I've been confused about this, too. This is what I currently understand: There are two DJs (Senior and Junior). Junior also goes by JW. DJ2/JW sells weed at Chrome, and also the Shady Lady, but does not actually work at either, as far as I have been able to figure out from what PS1 and others have posted on the Facebook group. I don't know if Toni was supposed to meet with DJ1 or DJ2/JW. Which one sent that last text everyone talks about, and is this the same one who said he was sleeping in the car waiting for her? DJ2/JW's sister is a stripper at the Shady Lady. Was she the one who staged the fake imposter cop scenario, or am I making that up? Is there at least one more sister who is also a stripper at the Shady Lady? DJ1's wife and DJ2/JW's mom is RJ. The whole crew seem to be pretty connected to the stripper world, based on some social media snooping I did back in January.

Why would police say they thought Toni was in an 'unfamiliar' area?

That's another thing that seemed really strange when they said it, right? Did they know everywhere Toni had ever been? How could they possibly know whether or not the areas she was going to were familiar to her or not? But what if they knew she was engaged in an activity that would generally take her to unfamiliar areas?

I remember discussing this back when it was said. I also asked how the #$%& the cops (or anyone, for that matter) would know what was familiar and unfamiliar to Toni. For them to imply that she was on an unfamiliar, "rural, desolate roadway" (wasn't it even described as "parts unknown"?) when she happened to have a random accident seemed like an incredibly odd theory to present, given the lack of info they supposedly had at the time. What did they know at that time that we didn't? I'm still lukewarm on the Pokemon theory, but it still hasn't been ruled out because we don't have the data that could confirm or deny whether or not she was playing.

===================================================
http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article136092253.html

While not ruling out foul play, Kansas City police think that around 6 a.m. Jan. 15, Toni Anderson likely wrecked her black 2014 Ford Focus on some rural, desolate roadway...The accident may have happened far away from where any high-definition, sonar detectors or other aerial tracking devices would have been able to locate her.

Kansas City police missing persons investigators say they are examining two possible theories of what might have happened to Toni Anderson.

The first — and most likely — theory is that she was involved in a traffic accident, and authorities have yet to find the location. Anderson worked late that night, and the inclement weather created icy roads. Investigators know that Anderson was driving in an unfamiliar area.

“Fatigue, bad weather lends itself to the possibility of a traffic accident, like running off the roadway,” said Sgt. Ben Caldwell, a supervisor with the Police Department’s missing persons, cold case section. “That is still probably our strongest possibility at this point.”

The second theory is that Anderson was the victim of foul play. Police will investigate that possibility until they learn otherwise, as is standard in missing persons probes.

“There is nothing to indicate that there was foul play, but we are treating it as if it was foul play until we learn something differently,” he said.

But the crash theory is the most logical and makes the most sense based on the evidence police have amassed so far, Caldwell said.

I posted this before but it may have been missed. Strange to me her meet up waited at the body shop and fell asleep. This has been dsiussed a lot in FB groups and I would imagine this made it to this forum. I joined late and haven't read through all threads on this forum concerning Toni.

The best answer I got was he "worked" out of chrome. Not an employee. I asked and asked because cwd said she was to meet a coworker and I was not under the impression he was a coworker in the traditional sense.

The best answer I got was he "worked" out of chrome. Not an employee. I asked and asked because cwd said she was to meet a coworker and I was not under the impression he was a coworker in the traditional sense.

Thanks. So he is someone she knows from work, but not an actual co-worker in the sense that he is not officially employed by Chrome.

Oh wow, really, I felt bad posting about it but it kept popping up in my mind but so does everything else. I've been going to let this case go but I'm hooked. Can't quit thinking this case through. Like Pokemon, the CI theory makes sense too. I did some reading on CI's this morn and I'm not sure Toni fits.

I feel bad enough questioning LE. I 100% support police. I routinely will stop to thank an officer and tell them I sleep tight at night because of them. And I do that because it is such a difficult time to be an police officer.
However, I am not naïve enough to acknowledge that every profession has some real bad eggs. People are capable of horrific things. Being an officer does not come with a halo.
I am not naïve enough to acknowledge that she could be in the witness protection program. I've thought hard about that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekakay420