Moscow- at least 40 dead, 100 injured in an attack in a music hall. 5 gunman, multiple explosions

WHY WOULD THEY ATTACK RUSSIA?

While the attack by ISIS-K in Russia on Friday was a dramatic escalation, experts said the group has opposed Russian President Vladimir Putin in recent years.

"ISIS-K has been fixated on Russia for the past two years, frequently criticizing Putin in its propaganda," said Colin Clarke of Soufan Center, a Washington-based research group.

Michael Kugelman of the Washington-based Wilson Center said that ISIS-K "sees Russia as being complicit in activities that regularly oppress Muslims."

At least 115 people were killed after gunmen armed with automatic weapons opened fire at a popular concert venue on the outskirts of Moscow and set the concert hall alight, Russia’s Investigative Committee reported Saturday, following U.S. government warnings this month about a “planned terrorist attack” in the Russian capital.
The committee said more bodies were found in the concert hall early on Saturday, adding that the death toll was expected to rise, with 16 of the 107 hospitalized victims in a grave condition and 44 in a serious condition.

President Vladimir Putin claimed they were captured while fleeing to Ukraine.

Kyiv strongly denied any involvement in Friday's assault on the Crocus City Hall music venue in Krasnogorsk, and the Islamic State group's Afghanistan affiliate claimed responsibility.
"ISIS bears sole responsibility for this attack. There was no Ukrainian involvement whatsoever,” National Security Council spokeswoman Adrienne Watson said in a statement.

Exactly what does Putin need ?
For ISIS to stand up and wave flag or release a manifesto ?

They've already claimed responsibility !

This is horrifying to think that there were clear warnings that were ignored.
I feel for the families of the deceased under the iron grip of this leader.
Omo.

I think the suspects the Russians arrested are probably innocent. They're Tajiks, who often migrate to the Moscow area for work. They were probably arrested because they were Muslims and foreigners. It is a Stalinist tradition, often repeated by his successors, to create "show trials." These show trials are where innocent arrestees are tortured beforehand to sign a confession, put on trial and publicly confess to being a part of an imaginary conspiracy. This was done on a massive scale in the 1930s, and has been revived by Putin, although on a much smaller scale.

I think the suspects in the attack may be put on trial publicly, where after torture behind the scenes, they will confess to being part of some kind of fabricated conspiracy with Ukraine and ISIS. There could even be Western conspirators in the imaginary mix, or other farfetched scenarios.

All my opinion.

I think the suspects the Russians arrested are probably innocent. They're Tajiks, who often migrate to the Moscow area for work. They were probably arrested because they were Muslims and foreigners. It is a Stalinist tradition, often repeated by his successors, to create "show trials." These show trials are where innocent arrestees are tortured beforehand to sign a confession, put on trial and publicly confess to being a part of an imaginary conspiracy. This was done in the 1930s, and has been revived by Putin, although on a much smaller scale.

I think the suspects in the attack may be put on trial publicly, where after torture behind the scenes, they will confess to being part of some kind of fabricated conspiracy with Ukraine and ISIS. There could even be Western conspirators in the imaginary mix, or other farfetched scenarios.

All my opinion.
It does look like in this case they’re the right guys, as the images of the attackers released by ISIS matches the men arrested, down to the clothing they’re wearing.

But I agree they will likely be tortured, and perhaps they’ll be coerced into claiming they were working for Ukraine.

Hell, one of them was already forced to eat his own ear.

Reposting with source

ISIS-affiliated news agency Amaq released a graphic video on Saturday that purports to show Friday’s attack at a concert hall in suburban Moscow recorded by one of the attackers, suggesting the perpetrators had a direct link to ISIS in order to be able to send the video.

It does look like in this case they’re the right guys, as the images of the attackers released by ISIS matches the men arrested, down to the clothing they’re wearing.

But I agree they will likely be tortured, and perhaps they’ll be coerced into claiming they were working for Ukraine.

I haven't seen any media yet directly from ISIS that show the perpetrators - certainly nothing that shows a match to the suspects in Russian custody. A Russian video I saw online has identified the suspects as Ukrainians posing as ISIS. In the Moscow apartment building bombing that was an excuse for increasing police state controls, questionable and unlikely suspects were arrested. Ditto for some murders of journalists and politicians.

I haven't seen any US or UK media with images from the ISIS video.

As far as the one of the suspects being forced to eat his own ear, I wouldn't be surprised, but I haven't seen that noted in any source I can find yet, either.

Last edited:
I haven't seen any media yet directly from ISIS that show the perpetrators - certainly nothing that shows a match to the suspects in Russian custody. A Russian video I saw online has identified the suspects as Ukrainians posing as ISIS. In the Moscow apartment building bombing that was an excuse for increasing police state controls, questionable and unlikely suspects were arrested. Ditto for some murders of journalists and politicians.

I haven't seen any US or UK media with images from the ISIS video.

As far as the one of the suspects being forced to eat his own ear, I wouldn't be surprised, but I haven't seen that noted in any source I can find yet, either.
There’s a source here, it's pretty graphic. I’ve found the best information on all of this is the Open Source Intelligence Monitor on Twitter. Great analysis and news, hours before the media picks up on it.

[bbm]

I'm sorry what.

Russia’s Investigative Committee, a top law enforcement body, said 137 bodies have been recovered from the site of the attack, including those of three children. It said 62 victims had been identified and that genetic testing was being carried out on the remaining bodies to establish identities.

Imo its gonna get worse

Linking this to stop this from being removed.

Alleged suspect in Crocus City Hall shooting forced to eat own ear by Russian law enforcement

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82
Back