GUILTY MS - Alexandria "Ally" Kostial, 21, Ole Miss student found dead, Harmontown, 20 Jul 2019 *ARREST* #2

The minute I saw his tweet that said you dropped the bomb on me, I knew exactly what happened...
Screen-Shot-2019-07-24-at-10.22.56-AM.png

A couple of snap thoughts about the DM article.

1) The source was anonymous. No attributed quotes. Not a strong story.
2) I found it strange that her alleged pregnancy wasn't a secret on campus, but the alleged father didn't know about it until that day. That defies all logic.
3) She allegedly didn't want to abort the baby, but was actively seeking ways to terminate pregnancy herself. Huh? Again, this doesn't make a ton of sense.
4) The timing of the story is odd. Why now?

I'd have to read again to digest.
Yes -- I got the same vibes as I was reading it -- the source said Ally said she did not believe in abortion, yet she was trying to hurt the baby by drinking, etc. Not buying that.
Again, would like to see this source testify at the Grand Jury proceedings or give a deposition. Not so much to help or hurt either side, but to see if she would state the same under oath.
She could certainly be telling the truth as she perceives it, but is it really how it was?

The friend said lots of people on campus knew she was pregnant -- maybe so. When I was in college, many years ago, a couple of friends got pregnant, and the few of us who knew kept it as a big, big secret -- but times change, certainly.
Just my rambling opinion.

Bringing this post over from the previous thread :
@beatrixpotter : "... Yes, are we allowed to discuss that the MSM article says she was trying to end her pregnancy with alcohol and drug use? It's pretty scandalous but we've always been able to discuss DM on here before. But she's a victim so does that mean we can't discuss anything that is bad regarding the victim? It didn't sound very credible to ME though that a woman would refuse an abortion on moral grounds while simultaneous trying to induce one on her own. I wonder if that's just gossip. And then of course that's the case what is any of the other info regarding her being pregnant but gossip? But on the other hand this trashy tabloid isn't usually grossly inaccurate. "

Since the DM is allowed as a valid msm source, I'd expect there to be a grain of truth in their articles.
Back a few years on this site, a poster stated that they fact checked the DM and found that that source wasn't far off the mark.

I'd be nice to find another msm source re. Ally's being pregnant.
Going to wait for another news source.
So we wait.

I'm fearing that this killer may get off with a slap on the wrist as his defense will try to prove it was just a 'heat of the moment' attack.
Whatever.
Murder is still murder.
Yes -- I got the same vibes as I was reading it -- the source said Ally said she did not believe in abortion, yet she was trying to hurt the baby by drinking, etc. Not buying that.
Again, would like to see this source testify at the Grand Jury proceedings or give a deposition. Not so much to help or hurt either side, but to see if she would state the same under oath.
She could certainly be telling the truth as she perceives it, but is it really how it was?

The friend said lots of people on campus knew she was pregnant -- maybe so. When I was in college, many years ago, a couple of friends got pregnant, and the few of us who knew kept it as a big, big secret -- but times change, certainly.

I have a daughter in a sorority and imo and experience, a pregnancy would not be kept a secret for 3 seconds and the sisters wouldn't necessarily see someone trying to end an unwanted pregnancy as a negative thing they wouldn't talk about. I mean, when more than a couple of the girls do online *advertiser censored* to make money and/or take money for pervs on Tinder and the like, that's small potatoes. The times, they have most certainly changed. My kids are possibly a little more "forthcoming" than most, so I hear the real deal whether I want to or not. : |

Just saw this -- I hope it's okay to include:
‘It’s not a story for everybody to see’: Coroner addresses police silence on Ally Kostial murder investigation
by Ellen Killoran

July 29, 2019
While police investigating the murder of University of Mississippi student Ally Kostial are keeping key details of the investigation under wraps, the Lafayette County coroner made a cryptic statement addressing law enforcement’s silence.
[...]
Just two days after her body was found, Kostial’s Ole Miss classmate Brandon Theesfeld, 22, was arrested at a gas station in Memphis, Tennessee. He reportedly had blood on his clothes and a weapon in his truck when police apprehended him. Theesfeld was booked on suspicion of murder and has not yet appeared for a bail hearing.

As CrimeOnline previously reported, Theesfeld’s case is expected to go to a grand jury in August, and a member of his defense team said he is expected to plead not guilty.
[...]
“It’s not a story for everybody to see until it goes to court and goes to trial, ” Kennedy told the news outlet.

“Some of the sensitive details in this case… (are) instrumental to make sure this person who committed this crime is tried and convicted and serve an applicable sentence or punishment and held responsible for what they did.”

Kennedy had earlier told the Commercial Appeal that Kostial’s body had been sent to a state crime lab in Pearl, Mississippi, for an autopsy. Multiple news outlets, including NBC 5 Dallas-Forth Worth, have reported that Kostial was shot eight times in the stomach.
‘It’s not a story for everybody to see’: Coroner addresses police silence on Ally Kostial murder investigation

I made an account just to post this. I wouldn’t listen to the DM article at all. I have immediate family members in the public eye and they did a story on an incident involving my family not long ago. First time they posted the story, they had family members all mixed up. They changed it and included “witness” and “friend” statements and info... which NO ONE had ever heard of the people LOL. I don’t believe a thing they say.
So sorry to hear that happened to you and your family. We have seen it on here as well -- get there first, slap-dash reporting -- not even checking the spelling. Thirty+ years ago, a good newspaper or magazine, etc., checked sources much more thoroughly and by having to truly beat the street to get a story rather than making a call on a cell phone or streaming, etc. It's just the way the media world is now. We still have good newspapers which have responsible reporting, but "the old grey mare, she ain't what she used to be."

Thanks for reminding us that it happens too darned often to too many people by too many news sources.

Welcome to Websleuths,
CRC2019 !!

Welcome to Websleuths,
Gsmithson

and
Prthd !!
Thank you. I hope I can shed some light on the environment in Oxford and at Ole Miss. To start with, Mississippi is like one big small town. Everybody knows everybody or they know someone from there hometown or someone they went to school with. Once you meet and establish mutual acquaintances you’re automatically friends. It’s the South and a college town and people aren’t so guarded. The Square in Oxford is brightly lit, lots of cameras and people wandering in and out of restaurants and bars. It feels very laid back and family and pet friendly. I’m saying this to set the stage for Ally’s actions on the square. MOO Ally may have been looking for someone she knew to give her a ride home. When she doesn’t see anyone she decides to get an Uber.
The sidewalks aren’t smooth and if she was tired, had on uncomfortable shoes, or even had only one drink she might still stumble. MOO I think people are focusing too much on the snippet of video from the square. I see nothing unusual or nefarious happening on the Square.
I would like to see the video from the convenience store in Como. What was she wearing? What was he wearing? What did they purchase? What was there demeanor? That and their text messages I think will be very telling.
MOO The pregnancy rumors are already losing traction. The how it occurred is the talk.

Thank you. I hope I can shed some light on the environment in Oxford and at Ole Miss. To start with, Mississippi is like one big small town. Everybody knows everybody or they know someone from there hometown or someone they went to school with. Once you meet and establish mutual acquaintances you’re automatically friends. It’s the South and a college town and people aren’t so guarded. The Square in Oxford is brightly lit, lots of cameras and people wandering in and out of restaurants and bars. It feels very laid back and family and pet friendly. I’m saying this to set the stage for Ally’s actions on the square. MOO Ally may have been looking for someone she knew to give her a ride home. When she doesn’t see anyone she decides to get an Uber.
The sidewalks aren’t smooth and if she was tired, had on uncomfortable shoes, or even had only one drink she might still stumble. MOO I think people are focusing too much on the snippet of video from the square. I see nothing unusual or nefarious happening on the Square.
I would like to see the video from the convenience store in Como. What was she wearing? What was he wearing? What did they purchase? What was there demeanor? That and their text messages I think will be very telling.
MOO The pregnancy rumors are already losing traction. The how it occurred is the talk.

Such a good description of Oxford's vibe. I agree that Ally would have been looking for a ride home and when none was available, checked an app on her phone to see if an Uber van was available. Maneuvering on those sidewalks is always difficult and would be especially so if she was looking at her phone.

I'm especially interested to hear if Ally got out at the Como store or if she was already dead or at least drugged and sitting in the car. Like you, I'm sure the timing and content of the messages/calls will show everything.

It will also be interesting to see who Brandon called or texted once the deed was done.....Dad? Sister? Did anyone meet him with money or advice before he headed to Memphis? Was there a plan to get home to Ft. Worth?

(edited for brevity above+BBM)
"IF" Ally was pregnant and I don't know if I believe she was or not...

This may have been an inarticulate depiction of Ally's state of of mind by an acquaintance...

The mental gymnastics required for a 21 year old college girl in mental anguish to numb herself "by drinking etc" with some vague notion that maybe it will all go away literally and figuratively without having a conventional abortion isn't hard to believe.
IMO
(edit:grammar)

Last edited:
Good points, @night train -- I think Ally was a fairly "grown up" 21 y/o with good friends and their support, but when you're in a jam (if she was) or simply love-sick and mad at your BF at the same time, working too hard, maybe not enuff sleep, etc., things can get out of whack pretty easily and then you're just "down" and miserable. College life is great, but the best of times are often offset by what seems like the worst of times as well. That's where she may have been for a couple of days before this horror occurred.

(edited for brevity above+BBM)
"IF" Ally was pregnant and I don't know if I believe she was or not...

This may have been an inarticulate depiction of Ally's state of of mind by an acquaintance...

The mental gymnastics required for a 21 year old college girl in mental anguish to numb herself "by drinking etc" with some vague notion that maybe it will all go away literally and figuratively without having a conventional abortion isn't hard to believe.
IMO
(edit:grammar)
Don't miss another likely scenario (beyond that the Farese camp would also be putting stories out there to make Ally look less like a sweet, innocent girl).

Consider that Brandon's current girlfriend or another coed who had or has a crush on him might have put the story out there out of anger at Ally.

I don't understand the leap to thinking the Daily Mail story has any validity since they have a history of printing mistruths and outright lies.

Good points, @night train -- I think Ally was a fairly "grown up" 21 y/o with good friends and their support, but when you're in a jam (if she was) or simply love-sick and mad at your BF at the same time, working too hard, maybe not enuff sleep, etc., things can get out of whack pretty easily and then you're just "down" and miserable. College life is great, but the best of times are often offset by what seems like the worst of times as well. That's where she may have been for a couple of days before this horror occurred.
I agree exactly! I don’t believe she was taking drugs to abort the baby, but she was probably not eating well , anxious and probably sick....I have never had an unwanted pregnancy and I feel for those who have...

I think times have changed....I have seen many teen pregnancies lately and the friends and parents are all saying congratulations and showing ultrasound pics....times have changed for sure. Sadly, I’m sure ally’s parents would have supported Ally’s choice to have her baby even if Brandon did not...

My biggest issue with the DM story is that it repeats over and over again that everyone knew she was pregnant. If rumor spreads fast in this small town - and I believe that - how would Brandon be the only one in the dark until the day she was killed? Keeping something like that a secret for 17 weeks defies logic.

Also, I have a hard time believing someone has good intentions when speaking to the DM if that person will only speak anonymously. To the person who spoke to the DM, if you want to clear her name, then speak publicly. Otherwise, it's just gossip.

Did BT have a license to carry his gun out of the house, inside a car, and/or concealed? What’s concerning about this is, no matter what the reason is that he shot Ally (and IMO I do think he did it) ... this is a guy that if he gets mad enough has no problem taking out his gun and using it. That is ballsy. Most people wouldn’t even dream of that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back