MS - Alexandria "Ally" Kostial, 21, Ole Miss student, found dead, Harmontown, 20 July 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a really good point. People may disagree or agree but I thought that JP's dad in the JC case did as good as a parent could do. He expressed sympathy from the start, he never ever tried to defend his son or make excuses, yet he was there for him but not to get him out of trouble--or so it seemed. He attended in support of his son but not in excuse of his son.

I understand too here that his father may be in denial and it is natural, but your point is a good one--it shows a lack of understanding that this girl died, at least give your sympathy for that and then add the fact you feel your son is innocent...

Great point.

Jmo.

Edited to clarify.
Sorry, may I ask who are you referring to (JP and JC)? TIA.

That's not true. A verified insider can post the "local story" on the thread, and answer questions. If you qualify, I encourage you to seek this designation and not drop hints that can't be discussed.

Also, the "local story" without WS approved source can be discussed with up to 20 members off the thread. ;)

DBM. don't wanna get in trouble for breaking TOS. :)

Since many of the facts are out there, I have been pondering the following. One thing that is rarely mentioned in cases like this, probably because it could be construed as victim blaming (and maybe it is in a way, but that’s not my intention), is why do accomplished young women give guys like this (ones with sketchy high school academic records, arrests in high school and college, immature or violent tweets, drinking problems, anger problems) the time of day, much less years of their lives?

George Hughley, the Duke lacrosse player, had a similar privileged background and he drank to excess and killed his girlfriend after two years of dating. We all know women who choose guys that are beneath them. In general, are we emphasizing to our daughters that the superficial trappings of success and “manliness” are meaningless in terms of their long term happiness and safety if the guy is, basically, a psychopath?

Yes, the man is always to blame in terms of this kind of violence, but we still try to teach girls to take steps to protect themselves physically (be aware of your surroundings, etc). However, since women are usually killed by people they know, what can they do? One obvious thing they can do is to never enter into any kind of close personal relationship with this type of guy in the first place. They can’t text you at midnight if they don’t know your name or have your number. They’ll move on to easier prey. Be wary, observe from afar, get on the guys Twitter feed if you’re curious, but don’t go out on even one date until you’ve done some research online or via your friend and family networks.

Girls should know the warning signs of an abuser. But they should also be told that in their romantic lives, they should look for a good guy, a nice guy, an honorable guy, above all, and not be focused on nabbing the “cool” guy, the “cute” guy, the rich alpha male in the “right” fraternity or the one who is pursuing a lucrative major.

Looks, athleticism, a wealthy background, and privilege are meaningless and won’t lead to happiness if the guy is also spoiled, chauvinistic, controlling, violent, etc. My parents emphasized this to me a lot growing up, and although I “totally” lusted after the stereotypical, all American guy, I never ended up dating anyone who scared me in any way at any point in the relationship or when things didn’t work out. I know I was lucky, too, and that you can’t always know everything, but nowadays, people reveal an awful lot on their social media accounts and in other ways.

I’m speaking generally here as I know few details of this particular relationship, but I see this happen a lot. Why is it that the handsome or rich jerks seem to attract girls while the sweet, nice guys struggle to get a date? I know there are probably complex biological and evolutionary forces at work, but we can work against them when the stakes are this high!

I went to Ole Miss and so did my daughter. Article said he was arrested in South Memphis...wonder if her was coming here to get rid of the gun and make it look like someone here did it?? He was in a bad part of town.

Greg Coy twitter gets interesting reply why So Memphis.....

Greg Coy‏Verified account @GCoyFOX13
Greg Coy Retweeted ********

Possibly or he was trying to put as much real estate as possible between him and Oxford for the crime he is accused of doing

3:30 PM - 23 Jul 2019

Since many of the facts are out there, I have been pondering the following. One thing that is rarely mentioned in cases like this, probably because it could be construed as victim blaming (and maybe it is in a way, but that’s not my intention), is why do accomplished young women give guys like this (ones with sketchy high school academic records, arrests in high school and college, immature or violent tweets, drinking problems, anger problems) the time of day, much less years of their lives?

George Hughley, the Duke lacrosse player, had a similar privileged background and he drank to excess and killed his girlfriend after two years of dating. We all know women who choose guys that are beneath them. In general, are we emphasizing to our daughters that the superficial trappings of success and “manliness” are meaningless in terms of their long term happiness and safety if the guy is, basically, a psychopath?

Yes, the man is always to blame in terms of this kind of violence, but we still try to teach girls to take steps to protect themselves physically (be aware of your surroundings, etc). However, since women are usually killed by people they know, what can they do? One obvious thing they can do is to never enter into any kind of close personal relationship with this type of guy in the first place. They can’t text you at midnight if they don’t know your name or have your number. They’ll move on to easier prey. Be wary, observe from afar, get on the guys Twitter feed if you’re curious, but don’t go out on even one date until you’ve done some research online or via your friend and family networks.

Girls should know the warning signs of an abuser. But they should also be told that in their romantic lives, they should look for a good guy, a nice guy, an honorable guy, above all, and not be focused on nabbing the “cool” guy, the “cute” guy, the rich alpha male in the “right” fraternity or the one who is pursuing a lucrative major.

Looks, athleticism, a wealthy background, and privilege are meaningless and won’t lead to happiness if the guy is also spoiled, chauvinistic, controlling, violent, etc. My parents emphasized this to me a lot growing up, and although I “totally” lusted after the stereotypical, all American guy, I never ended up dating anyone who scared me in any way at any point in the relationship or when things didn’t work out. I know I was lucky, too, and that you can’t always know everything, but nowadays, people reveal an awful lot on their social media accounts and in other ways.

I’m speaking generally here as I know few details of this particular relationship, but I see this happen a lot. Why is it that the handsome or rich jerks seem to attract girls while the sweet, nice guys struggle to get a date? I know there are probably complex biological and evolutionary forces at work, but we can work against them when the stakes are this high!

I believe the answer is in your own post -- know the warning signs, but unfortunately, too many times this only comes with life experience and/or when it's too late.

Important to understand that disordered mates that go on to murder their girl friends do not typically start out as the monsters that they are.

They are extremely charming, clever, and convincing in the beginning phase before they become the "crazy maker" (i.e., when women believe they must be crazy when living between Dr Jekyll/Mr Hyde).

I have no doubt that BT was a fraud, a psychotic -narc. He probably wore a beautiful mask, but now the world knows it was all an act. He's a monster that I believe pumped 8 bullets into the women he allegedly loved.

MOO

We really haven’t heard anything about him from his friends or anyone that knew him...it doesnt seem like his sister who also attended Ole Miss and him were very close??? It’s sad that the victim and the suspect’s sister were in the same sorority. i can’t even imagine how the sister feels too. their sorority put up black flags around the house then a couple of days later she finds out her brother is arrested for the murder. I wonder if she suspected her brother was involved when she heard Ally was murdered.

Just my own opinion ... I wonder if AK might have been pregnant ... a baby would have surely interrupted BT’s future plans. Could this scenario be motive? MOO
Being pregnant with an unwanted child by the Father is always a possible motive like with Chris Watts, Brandon Lee and Scott Peterson to name a few.

Last edited:
Why would a 21 yr carry a gun on a date unless your paranoid or in a high crime area or want to look like a big tough guy. I don’t like guns only if he was an off duty police officer I would be ok with it.
Paranoid & rich mindset is often times “people want what I have” so basically some rich entitled people believe they need to keep a gun with them 24/7 bc they are paranoid about that, possibly.

That's not true. A verified insider can post the "local story" on the thread, and answer questions. If you qualify, I encourage you to seek this designation and not drop hints that can't be discussed.

Also, the "local story" without WS approved source can be discussed with up to 20 members off the thread. ;)

If you go to the latest DM article and sort comments by top, the best rated comment matches what is being said elsewhere on other sites by people claiming to be locals. As always take everything with a grain of salt though.

Ole Miss student arrested outside gas station for killing classmate | Daily Mail Online

There are reports that he had a history of being a 'lazy student' and falling behind, thus being asked to leave one private school and be shipped off to another. That laziness was certainly evident here in his criminal activities. He did a very sloppy, lazy job and was arrested almost immediately. Tigers never change their stripes?

I agree. He may well have carried one all of the time in the glove compartment or on him, I would think more likely in the glove compartment--if it was on him, I definitely think it was a plan. If he had to go to the vehicle to retrieve it, he also had time to think twice. However, some thoughts depend on where she was killed. If it was in his vehicle that he shot her eight times, and we don't know, that is one thing. If it was, his truck is a total and obvious crime scene with eight shots. If it was outside and he had to go retrieve it, that changes my thoughts as well.

I lean towards he planned on killing her when they left town if she would not agree to what he likely wanted.

We have a lot unknown.

All jmo.
20 miles away seems pretty far to go after midnight if you just want to have a conversation or intimate hook-up. If she was killed there IMO it points towards pre-meditation.

My parents were vigilant about raising me to make wise choices and mostly I did. But trying to tame the bad boy or “rescue” the poor, misunderstood, under-loved guy is often a lesson that has to be lived to be learned.

There are millions of jerks in the world and most of us have probably dated at least one of them at some point. However the vast majority of them don’t physically assault and certainly don’t murder their girlfriends/partners or anyone else.

What’s probably impossible to believe unless you’ve seen it firsthand is sometimes the ones who do are indistinguishable from not just the garden variety jerk, but a nice guy. Case in point— Chris Watts. I still haven’t heard anyone who met him or knew Shan’ann that saw a single red flag until her final months. Loving husband, terrific dad, great neighbor, respected co-worker. That’s all anyone saw. And the terrifying thing to me is maybe that’s really what he was... until he wasn’t. Who knows.

I’m not saying Ally’s murderer was ever a nice guy. Sounds like he was real jerk. But we don’t know if he ever even physically abused her before that horrific night. I don’t fault her for her choices, and it makes me sick to think some will. Praying her family isn’t in for the same social media hell the Rzuceks are experiencing.

There are reports that he had a history of being a 'lazy student' and falling behind, thus being asked to leave one private school and be shipped off to another. That laziness was certainly evident here in his criminal activities. He did a very sloppy, lazy job and was arrested almost immediately. Tigers never change their stripes?
ITA.

He isn't hard to figure out, imo.

And yes, I'm analyzing. ;)

jmo

I wonder if he still has gunshot residue on his hands or clothing ? With all that family money (pain clinic are quite lucrative from what I have read) I’m imagining a team of lawyers IMO

Well, thinking back to when I was in college, I knew very little about the high school lives of boys I dated. Even if one of them had said "I was a kindof a wild kid/troublemaker in high school" I wouldn't have known the depth of it or if he'd actually been in juvi or something. I mean, that was before the Internet/Google, but still. Is the average college girl doing background checks on boys she dates?

Well, thinking back to when I was in college, I knew very little about the high school lives of boys I dated. Even if one of them had said "I was a kindof a wild kid/troublemaker in high school" I wouldn't have known the depth of it if he'd actually been in juvi or something. I mean, that was before the Internet/Google, but still. Is the average college girl doing background checks on boys she dates?
One look at the guy's Twitter account and I knew immediately she was way beyond him. I wish she had seen that too. JMOpinion, doesn't necessarily match other people's opinions.

jmo

A fanciful, possibly unlikely speculation keeps jumping into my brain. It may be far fetched, but it might fit the few facts that we know.

Perhaps a jealous girlfriend thinks the victim was getting too close to her boyfriend. A jealous love triangle of some kind?

So the jealous gf uses her boyfriends cell, to lure the victim to a dark parking lot somewhere?

AK thinks she is meeting up with her crush but instead, she is confronted by a jealous girlfriend armed with a gun?
I think he picked her up from her house and drove her out there. Sardis is a popular lake for students to four wheel, shoot skeet and drink beer. He took her a very remote, far off section on the other side of the lake.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member